Summary of Position:
To represent Inn at Laurel Point in all guest interactions as an “Elegant, Pacific Rim Inspired waterfront inn where memories are created.” The Restaurant Server is a true professional with a passion for food, wine, spirits and the entire food and beverage experience, which they dedicate to sharing with our guests by providing an exceptional dining experience.
- Ensure the highest guest satisfaction by providing consistent excellence of service and giving genuine personal attention
- Professionally greeting and welcoming guests upon their arrival to the Restaurant
- Project a pleasant and positive professional image to all guests at all times
- Sell and up-sell menu and beverage items in a positive, professional manner
- Deliver and presenting food items to guest tables
- Bussing and re-setting tables
- Performing opening, cleaning and closing duties
- Has good working knowledge of the POS system and payment machines in order to provide efficient and accurate ordering and billing.
- Ensure all items are delivered in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of restaurant menus, including features, kitchen glossaries and technique to deliver accurate information to guests and self educates and acquires knowledge about food and wine
- Communicate effectively with guests, supervisors and co-workers using appropriate etiquette and language and works in cooperation and harmony with all colleagues, supervisors and other departments to execute duties and responsibilities with due diligence
- Has good knowledge of Inn facilities and city attractions for the benefit of enquiring guests
- Comply with the Inn at Laurel Point’s policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in fine-dining restaurant
- Knowledge of wine service
- Sincere desire to exceed guest expectations
- Passion for food & wine
- Ability to work well under pressure, and high energy and self-motivation required.
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Must be enthusiastic and team oriented
- Must be personable and professional
- Foodsafe Level 1 and Serving It Right
- Must be able to lift 30lbs on a regular basis
- Flexible availability: including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Must be able to embrace the 4 core values of the Inn at Laurel Point: Excellence, Respect, Curiosity and Stewardship
Reports To: Director of Food & Beverage
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Complimentary daily staff meal
- Complimentary parking on non-restricted days
- Flexible working hours
- Candidate referral bonus
- Friends & Family hotel discount
- AURA waterfront restaurant +patio staff discount
- Industry discounts
- Skill and advancement training programs
- Summertime volleyball team, BBQs, Year-end Gala
- Shower and locker facilities
- Bike storage facilities
We're looking for people who want a career that defines who they are.
Because this is not just a job. It's an expression of your values and ours. We're more chameleons than corporate. More approachable than distant. Yet we're always professional and 100% committed.
We also value innovation. We want people who prefer to count on their inner resources and flexibility over rigid policies and procedures.
And in return, we'll treat you as we do our guests: with sincerity, an open mind and respect.
This is a company for real people. Interesting people. People in search of a place to stay and make a difference.
If that's you, let us know.
Must have valid work Visa to apply.
Thank you for considering Inn at Laurel Point as your employer of choice!