Summary of Position:
If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, you may be interested in joining the outstanding leadership Team at the Inn at Laurel Point. The Night Manager acts as a lead role within the Front Office department focusing on the supervision and administration of the Front Office department.
- Oversee the nightly operations of the Hotel
- As a member of the Hotel’s leadership team, provide leadership in accordance with the Hotel’s Vision and Values
- Provide exceptional customer service to all guests
- Handle and resolve customer complaints in a timely manner
- Be the contact person for security issues at the hotel
- Ensure service standards in all areas of responsibility are adhered to and continually improved by monitoring guest comment cards
- Ensure the collective agreement and the Hotel’s Standards of Conduct are maintained in all areas of responsibility
- Ensure schedules and payroll are completed in the appropriate times
- Assist with the completion of annual performance appraisals for colleagues
- Work to ensure guest expectations are exceeded through customer service, experience enhancement and written communications
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the guest’s experience is seamless
- Assist with the development of an enthusiastic and guest driven team through recruitment, personal and professional development and reward, enabling all colleagues to deliver the highest level of personalized guest service
- Assist with the performance management of colleagues, including coaching and disciplining and resolve any colleague issues
- Ensure colleagues are complying with our policies, procedures and safety standards
- Participate in and contribute to departmental meetings
- Any other general duties
- Previous hotel Front Office experience required
- College/University degree in related discipline an asset
- Proven ability to lead and motivate colleagues
- Knowledge of Fidelio Opera Property Management System, Word, and Excel an asset
- Passion for guest service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- A resourceful personality
- Understands the importance of creating a fun and rewarding work environment
- Valid BC Driver’s license required with the ability to drive both standard and automatic vehicles
- Valid Food Safe Certificate, Serving It Right required
- Must be able to work overnight shifts: 10:30pm – 7am, varying days of the week, including on weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be able to embrace the 4 core values of the Inn at Laurel Point: Excellence, Respect, Curiosity and Stewardship
Reports to: Director of Rooms
**Candidates must have a valid work permit in place in order to be considered for this position**
-Complimentary daily staff meal
-Complimentary parking on non-restricted days
-Flexible working hours
-Candidate referral bonus
-Friends & Family Inn hotel discount
-AURA waterfront restaurant + patio staff discount
-Skill and advancement training programs
-Summertime volleyball team
-Shower and locker facilities
-Bike storage facilities
We're looking for people who want a career that defines who they are.
Because this is not just a job. It's an expression of your values and ours. We're more chameleons than corporate. More approachable than distant. Yet we're always professional and 100% committed.
We also value innovation. We want people who prefer to count on their inner resources and flexibility over rigid policies and procedures.
And in return, we'll treat you as we do our guests: with sincerity, an open mind and respect.
This is a company for real people. Interesting people. People in search of a place to stay and make a difference.
If that's you, let us know.
Thank you for considering the Inn at Laurel Point as your employer of choice!