Inland Kenworth Employee Reviews in Canada

Good work place with excellent upper management
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Work 8-10 hours on repairing, servicing, inspecting and diagnosing equipment.

I learned to work more independently and work around another crew (body men) doing another type of work (we shared eight bays)
I learned more about forestry equipment and new types (tigercat, link-belt).

Management: upper management was excellent and very helpfull. my first shop foreman was difficult, didn't communicate well, and was inconsistent, however he was a good mechanic, he left to pursue a different direction, and the new shop foreman gave excellent leadership. The business itself was very well run and employed a large staff.

my coworkers were pleasant, especially once the first shop foreman left, everyone got along well, as there was friction between him and others.
Pros
good management, good pay, good benefits, fair work
Cons
Location: family was far away, and did not wish to relocate to Fort st John, so had to leave job
Not cool
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BCJuly 12, 2016
The Shop Forman on the equipment side was a joke, wasn't helpful and just yelled and threw tools arcoss the shop during temper tantrums. Made life miserable for going to work, especially as an aprentice trying to learn the trade.
Pros
Tigercat is an awsome product
Cons
Managment was an acutal joke
Great for jouneymen, bad for apprentices
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJune 8, 2016
If you're not ticketed don't bother. They have little opportunity for becoming so and try to stunt professional development as much as possible. Great outside of that.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor managment
my duties at the bank
Sales Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 4, 2016
I create financial plans and budgets for my clients. I also coach all of the Customer Service Representatives in the branch. I help customers with all front line duties at the bank
learned a lot about new technology.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCMarch 29, 2015
On daily basis we were given jobs for the day. Leaned lots on electronic engine controls and troubleshooting. Management had very high expectations but lacked support for mechanics ie- parts supply and proper tooling to do work correctly. The hardest part of the job was trying to repair machinery with nothing, we were promised training and it never happened. Best part of the job was some of the people at the dealership.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managements lack of action to deal with problems at Branch.
Good Crew
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCApril 21, 2014
I worked here for 11 months. shift work including evenings. people seemed be nervous about losing their job. despite being a unionized workplace, i was let go voluntarily after grievence proceedings, i had no warnings of job performance and felt that my union and employer had a premeditated decision to get rid of me despite not going through the collective agreement motions. the majority of my fellow technicians were great people. however, the integrity of others made it difficult to be happy day in and day out.
Pros
union, pension
Cons
instability with managment
great place to work
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  cranbrook bcNovember 27, 2012
i enjoyed working here but found out i didnt want to be a mechanic anymore and became a welder insted
Pros
pizza friday
Cons
some peaople i worked with
Good working environment