Ingredion Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Westchester, IL27 November 2016
Great work life balance
Company aligns their employees career path with their values and mission
Empowerment is encouraged
Employees are valued
Pros
shows appreciation for their employees.
Cons
Customer Service dept doesn't pay well and the team is lead by those that love to micromanage.
great job if you have no morals
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO19 November 2016
The only reason this company got such a high rating is because most of the posts are from overseas. If you are a back stabber than you have found your mecca. The old employees are just there to ride their time out, don't bother to ask to learn anything, and after you get done asking they love to talk a out you in their 4 hour smoke shack meeting.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management, factory is filthy, maintenance dept is worthless.
Great people to work with
Sr Business Systems Analyst - SAP SD (Former Employee) –  Westchester, IL10 November 2016
Great people to work with - many have long tenure. Very focused on results and teamwork. Continuous Improvement and Customer Experience focused.
Good
Business Intelligence Intern (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ9 November 2016
Working at Ingredion as prepared me for a leadership role in the field of Knowledge Management, Data Strategy, Data Visualization and Project Management.
Standard Professional Enviornment
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Westchester,IL17 October 2016
Great room to grow, but little resources provided to do so. Benefits average, payscale to match. they have begun outsourcing.
Pros
room to learn
Cons
little resources provided
No work life balance
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westchester, IL24 September 2016
Supporting two Officers is too much work for one person. Not open to change or process improvement. No teamwork or support. Not an environment in which employees can grow and learn,
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
12 hour work days
10 years with the company.
Storeroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO11 September 2016
10 years with Ingredion, they provided me with a stable job even during economical hardships. My time with Ingredion was a very positive place to work.
It is a great place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westchester, IL18 August 2016
It is a great place to work. It is always at the cutting edge in terms of technology in IT department . All the employees are treated very failrly.
Stagnant work environment.
Principal Food Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ16 August 2016
Good work/life balance, and mostly nice people. The higher up the food-chain you go, the pettier people tend to get. Management is awful. Tries to innovate, yet lacks innovation.

Hard to advance, as the upper ranks are saturated and insulated -- some people really don't belong there, and it takes up positions that would be better served by others even internally.
Pros
Some groups are very friendly, work is relatively easy
Cons
Poor advancement opportunities and management.
Uptight company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester, IL10 August 2016
50/60 hours work weeks. okay benefits, Company is growing under their current leadership team. They need to consider work life balance. Great growth opportunity.
Pros
Summer hours
Cons
long hours, Sr. Management only cares about the hi-level employees
Great place to work, everyone is really nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ16 May 2016
Comprehensive training process. Everyone is always ready to answer any questions. Management is super accommodating and very pleasant to work for.
horrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL13 May 2016
Worked at ingredion for less than a year. There is a reason why this company.has a high turnover rate. The company prides itself on safety but in my time employed here I have seen a handful of people get hurt (minor incidents and close calls) and people have privately complained about safety concerns but yet these people are too scared to speak up, because the company boasts about 365+ days without an incident. Employees are scared to be 'the one' who breaks the streak. The company boasts about safety yet the piping leaks the floors are wet from these leaks and the floors are slick and slippery from the sugar water and syrup coating the majority of the floor. Yet the company refuses to shut down to repair these issues because honestly the quantity of production outweighs the safety of the workers. If there is a fire alarm set off, the employees are responsible to locate and gather anyone in the facility (not management, or safety) if there is a so2 or ammonia leak (put on a respirator and keep doing your job) ingredion claims safety but nothing I saw promotes that.

Be prepared to be forced to work 16 hour days. Yes. You are responsible and shown up for you 8 hr shift but if the next person doesn't you are responsible and forced to stay. Otherwise that's job abandonment. And this can happen for 2 or 3 days straight. But yet SAFETY SAFETY!! what a joke. Have a person work 3, 16 hr days let alone 1 tell me how safe it is for that person to drive home. Once you clock out you don't matter anymore.

Union dues are a joke. It is not a once a month flat fee. Your dues are a
  more... weekly percentage of your hours worked. In 6 months I never heard of a union meeting. The so called union at ingredion is basically nonexistent. Don't expect the union to protect you.

The coworkers are horrible. They hate new hires. You will be a threat to their overtime so don't expect to be treated well. Expect to be talked about to other coworkers and be prepared to have coworkers run to the bosses over everything.watch your front and your back because believe thay every coworker is out to get you. I have witnessed employees try to sabotage new hires and openly speak about their goal to get someone fired. Your seniority means nothing. Your reviews with you boss is bases on what your coworkers think of you (which WILL BE negative) and not from the bosses own perspective or personally witnessing. Nothung you do will be good enough.

Don't be fooled about the benefits package you are offered upon being hired. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Plus the insurance is a lame health savings plan.

But if your willing to sell your soul and give up your life for a few bucks, go ahead but be warned
Cons
Good place to work, but a lot of hours.
Starch Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN5 February 2016
More less a relaxed atmosphere. However, some bosses were gung ho and tried to flex their muscles. Union plant and was a seniority plant..Co-workers were mostly enjoyable to work with. Like all companies, there were some lazy ones too.
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
A lot of time spent in the plant
Good place to start
technologist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, IL20 January 2016
Excellent co-worker environment.
High turn over for upper management.
Daily challenges that made each day unique.
Understand customer needs for bigger corporations specially like Coke, Diageo, Nestle, Kraft, etc.
Great place to work for. Great benefits and its a family here
Documentation & Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, IL18 November 2015
Great place to work. Its all about team effort and learning. At ingredion eduation is important because they want everyone to move up in the company. the majority of the employees have been here for up to 40+ years. I came in as a temp in the mailroom and they say my potential and gave me tamp position within Ingredion. I currently work as a Documentation Specialist at the corporate headquarters in Westchester, IL. I love my job and I love my team. Fortunate for me, I know all of the employees on all 6 floors. From lower level employees to executives. my name is known throughout the corporate headquarters because of my character. The CEO Illene is very pleasant, I have never had a cordial conversation with her, but i've spoken to her and she isn't snoody or think she is better than anyone. All of the employees are great and welcoming. I would recommend anyone to work for this company
Pros
Benefits, good work environment, opportunity for growth, and you always learn, summer hours, freindly enviroment
fun workplace
control system eng (Former Employee) –  bedford park il21 August 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Overall its a good Company but constant changes
Sales Operational Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westchester, IL18 August 2015
Good learning environment, Staff is not so friendly, hours are long and expected. Changes take place too frequently. Good benefits, good compensation.
Pros
Wellness program is good, Summer Hours available, Okay Benefits, Pay is good
Cons
Co workers get are hard to deal with, environment is no longer friendly.
Good to start career
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ31 March 2015
Good to start career. Competitive benefits. Significant turnaround of employees at the professional level. New talent leave the company, while old timers stay.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Benefits and pay are deteriorating
Great Organization
Sr. Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, Ca7 February 2015
Pac West Telecomm grew to be a major player in the telecomm industry and in the late 90's and early 2000's the company was quite large and booming. Unfortunately the company did experience a change in business structure and sold part of the business and also reduced the work force. While I was employed, the team was amazing. I can't speak to the current group as I do not have experience with the Leadership but I do keep in contact with some still employed and they are happy to work at Pac-West.
Decent Place To Work
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL20 January 2015
Great group of co-workers. The hours are there and you can make a good living. OT is forceable so be prepared. Eight hour shifts.
Pros
Potential to earn six figures

4.2