Ingredion Employee Reviews

horrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMay 13, 2016
Worked at ingredion for less than a year. There is a reason why this company.has a high turnover rate. The company prides itself on safety but in my time employed here I have seen a handful of people get hurt (minor incidents and close calls) and people have privately complained about safety concerns but yet these people are too scared to speak up, because the company boasts about 365+ days without an incident. Employees are scared to be 'the one' who breaks the streak. The company boasts about safety yet the piping leaks the floors are wet from these leaks and the floors are slick and slippery from the sugar water and syrup coating the majority of the floor. Yet the company refuses to shut down to repair these issues because honestly the quantity of production outweighs the safety of the workers. If there is a fire alarm set off, the employees are responsible to locate and gather anyone in the facility (not management, or safety) if there is a so2 or ammonia leak (put on a respirator and keep doing your job) ingredion claims safety but nothing I saw promotes that.

Be prepared to be forced to work 16 hour days. Yes. You are responsible and shown up for you 8 hr shift but if the next person doesn't you are responsible and forced to stay. Otherwise that's job abandonment. And this can happen for 2 or 3 days straight. But yet SAFETY SAFETY!! what a joke. Have a person work 3, 16 hr days let alone 1 tell me how safe it is for that person to drive home. Once you clock out you don't matter anymore.

Union dues are a joke. It is not a once a month flat fee. Your dues are a
  more... weekly percentage of your hours worked. In 6 months I never heard of a union meeting. The so called union at ingredion is basically nonexistent. Don't expect the union to protect you.

The coworkers are horrible. They hate new hires. You will be a threat to their overtime so don't expect to be treated well. Expect to be talked about to other coworkers and be prepared to have coworkers run to the bosses over everything.watch your front and your back because believe thay every coworker is out to get you. I have witnessed employees try to sabotage new hires and openly speak about their goal to get someone fired. Your seniority means nothing. Your reviews with you boss is bases on what your coworkers think of you (which WILL BE negative) and not from the bosses own perspective or personally witnessing. Nothung you do will be good enough.

Don't be fooled about the benefits package you are offered upon being hired. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Plus the insurance is a lame health savings plan.

But if your willing to sell your soul and give up your life for a few bucks, go ahead but be warned
Cons
Good place to work, but a lot of hours.
Starch Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2016
More less a relaxed atmosphere. However, some bosses were gung ho and tried to flex their muscles. Union plant and was a seniority plant..Co-workers were mostly enjoyable to work with. Like all companies, there were some lazy ones too.
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
A lot of time spent in the plant
Good place to start
technologist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Excellent co-worker environment.
High turn over for upper management.
Daily challenges that made each day unique.
Understand customer needs for bigger corporations specially like Coke, Diageo, Nestle, Kraft, etc.
Great place to work for. Great benefits and its a family here
Documentation & Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work. Its all about team effort and learning. At ingredion eduation is important because they want everyone to move up in the company. the majority of the employees have been here for up to 40+ years. I came in as a temp in the mailroom and they say my potential and gave me tamp position within Ingredion. I currently work as a Documentation Specialist at the corporate headquarters in Westchester, IL. I love my job and I love my team. Fortunate for me, I know all of the employees on all 6 floors. From lower level employees to executives. my name is known throughout the corporate headquarters because of my character. The CEO Illene is very pleasant, I have never had a cordial conversation with her, but i've spoken to her and she isn't snoody or think she is better than anyone. All of the employees are great and welcoming. I would recommend anyone to work for this company
Pros
Benefits, good work environment, opportunity for growth, and you always learn, summer hours, freindly enviroment
fun workplace
control system eng (Former Employee) –  bedford park ilAugust 21, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Overall its a good Company but constant changes
Sales Operational Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILAugust 18, 2015
Good learning environment, Staff is not so friendly, hours are long and expected. Changes take place too frequently. Good benefits, good compensation.
Pros
Wellness program is good, Summer Hours available, Okay Benefits, Pay is good
Cons
Co workers get are hard to deal with, environment is no longer friendly.
Good to start career
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 31, 2015
Good to start career. Competitive benefits. Significant turnaround of employees at the professional level. New talent leave the company, while old timers stay.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Benefits and pay are deteriorating
Great Organization
Sr. Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaFebruary 7, 2015
Pac West Telecomm grew to be a major player in the telecomm industry and in the late 90's and early 2000's the company was quite large and booming. Unfortunately the company did experience a change in business structure and sold part of the business and also reduced the work force. While I was employed, the team was amazing. I can't speak to the current group as I do not have experience with the Leadership but I do keep in contact with some still employed and they are happy to work at Pac-West.
Decent Place To Work
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Great group of co-workers. The hours are there and you can make a good living. OT is forceable so be prepared. Eight hour shifts.
Pros
potential to earn six figures
Great learning experience horrible job advancement opertuities
Shift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILNovember 26, 2014
fix and repair equipment all day long make welds to keep plant running. clean up after jobs. wish they would take care of their employees a lil better been there 4.5 years no raise have moved from beginning position up 4 positions, and no sign of advancement.
Ingredion Review
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 16, 2014
At Ingredion, I learned to be an example salesman for my customers. I learned how to always listen to my customers' needs and call them daily. I also have learned how to use problem solving skills when the plant broke down for extend periods of time. I have had the opportunity to better my communication skills by working with differing personalities.
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 14, 2014
R&D driven environment with driven and motivated individuals. Fast paced when priority projects arise. Provides a good challenge to keep your mind constantly at work and increases agility.
Management politics get in the way
Commodities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityMay 11, 2014
Nice people to work with, but company politics get in the way of hiring people or dumping workload on departments.
Clean workplace with great benefits.
Operator/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Summit, ILMay 8, 2014
The typical day at work includes preparing loads of dry dextrose to be picked up for their scheduled appointment times, and maintaining a clean and safe workplace. Management, and co-workers are always willing to help out anyone who needs it. The most difficult part of the job is when there are mechanical issues that delay the process. The part of this job that is the most enjoyable is being able to work with enormous machines and equipment that most people would never be able to see.
Feels like family
Multi-site Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisFebruary 20, 2014
Very focused on people development... you have to want to be better. They'll provide all the tools needed.
Pros
people development
Cons
high expectations of personal drive
Get ready to be challenged
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 12, 2013
This is one of those jobs where, when they figure out what your skill set is and the level of your interest, they will throw a ton of work at you and give you autonomy in how to best get that work done. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
very flexible workplace
Cons
very stinky from the water treatment plant next door
Enjoying experience
Industrial/Food Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 3, 2013
I have learned a great deal from my superiors and co-workers.
not recommended
PROCESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 16, 2013
Learned alot. Met some great people. Operations is rotating shift work.
Multiple career path opportunites. Employee incentives for extra money to be earned.
Order Coordinator / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 16, 2013
Ingredion is a global organization. Very stable, integrity driven. Safety is a major focus. Excellent wages and benefits.
Each day in my position is fast paced, multitasking a must.
Thoroughly enjoy helping my external customers.
Pros
very stable, integrity and safety driven. excellent wages, and benefits.
Cons
winston loc has no inside brkrm, but has nice picnic shelter
Assistant Unit Manager--Wet Starch Department (Former Employee) –  N Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2013
Good pay and good working conditions. Learned a lot about safety and maintenance. The hardest part of the job was disciplining subordinates. The most enjoyable part of the job was training employees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of enthusiasm toward getting things accomplished. mostly in maintenance

4.3