Chief Operating Engineer
Ingredion is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and nutrition ingredients. Our Port Colborne facility is a 10MW cogeneration facility with a carbon regeneration furnace, regenerative thermal ozxidizer and compressed air and water systems controlled by computer and PLC systems.
The Chief Engineer will lead the team of Stationary Engineers ensuring the safe, reliable and cost efficient operation of all equipment in our 10 megawatt Cogeneration facility. Other equipment includes a 20,000 CFM regenerative thermal oxidizer, carbon regenerative furnace, air compressors and water systems. As team leader of 5 Stationary Engineers, this position provides leadership and guidance in all areas including operational management, safety, GMP and environmental standards. This position reports to the Operations Manager of the Port Colborne Plant.
1. Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring that the plant and powerhouse operate in accordance with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (T. S. S. A.). This position also ensures that all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations.
2. Guide the development of Operating Engineers and the Day Maintenance Operator by providing support, training and leadership to ensure all work meets governing policies developing a strong maintenance program.
3. Maintain the efficient operation of Utility related processes, services and equipment.
4. Improve plant efficiency by monitoring and troubleshooting conditions of plant equipment, recommending solutions on steam, water, natural gas and electricity issues and developing and implementing the preventative maintenance program.
5. Develop maintenance and testing procedures for all fire protection equipment, lifting equipment and HVAC installations. Ensure compliance with corporate guidelines and policies governing all aspects of equipment operations and maintenance.
6. Work with other functional teams to troubleshoot and solve operational issues or work to improve current processes and procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement, develop recommendations, implement action plans and measure results.
7. Provide leadership and effective communication skills within the Utilities department, other process crews and technical staff.
8. Develop and maintain departmental operating budget for the Utilities.
9. Act as liaison with the Technical Safety Standards Authority.
1. First Class Engineer License/Certification must be in good standing with T. S. S. A. Post-secondary education in a trade related program considered an asset.
2. Broad experience working in a cogeneration facility including operational management & quality control
3. Demonstrated interpersonal management skills with the proven ability to lead and work with diverse work groups.
4. Proficiency working in Microsoft Word/Excel.
5. Working experience with control systems and maintenance management systems considered an asset.
6. Supervisory experience an asset.
7. Previous steam plant management experience preferred.
Ingredion is a global ingredient solutions company built on a rich legacy of exceptional performance and market-leading innovation. Our geographic footprint and diverse organization give us the capability to deliver solutions on a global scale and the agility to meet the needs of local markets.
We make it our business to understand industry trends and our customers’ challenges. They trust us to anticipate and deliver the consistently high-quality products and innovative solutions they need.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders.
To view all of our available opportunities, please visit http://www.ingredion.com