General Light Labor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ON – March 19, 2015
Pros: easy tasks
Cons: terrible management
All aspects of the job are typically what you would expect, except for management.
Allow me to preface this review by saying I had a part time, temporary position as a picker only. I received this job offer through a work agency.
Management They're pushy, commanding, and essentially terrible at their job.
Temp employees such as myself, wore nametags. These served no purpose, as management would literally snap their fingers and exclaim "HEY! I need you." to get your attention, followed by a come here motion without even making eye contact. Terrible communication as a whole.
I had taken the job as a picker only, but management demands that you fulfill other tasks as well, jobs not in your job description. Expect to do 4-5 other jobs around the warehouse as the management please, with no bonus compensation. All with the same aggressive demanding "HEY!"
Other - Major intersection of Hurontario and Britannia West.
- Regular bus routes are close by. If you do take public transit, keep in mind the walking time from your stop. For me it was a good 10 minutes.
- For your lunch options, there's a Wendy's/Tim Hortons, and a Subway restaurant along Hurontario. Ingram Micro is far enough that even on your lunch break, you can only really eat at these places if you drive with a car.
- Parking spots seem to be ample.
- The majority of the lockers are located in the washrooms, which were all completely used by full time employees. Personal belongings such as watches and cellphones aren't allowed past the revolving door, so you'll load them in an envelope and give them to security to – more... hold. You can also put them in your car, if you have one.
- Absolutely zero free lockers for my own temp group meant storing our lunches in the communal fridge. I never really ate lunch or stored mine there, but there's a glaring risk of someone stealing your lunch, or worse, an allergy accident.
Overall Normally I'm a patient person, but it's been tested when I worked there. Please, save yourself the headache and reconsider working for the management at Ingram Micro. – less