Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace because of co-workers/friends
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 November 2015
Busy day with all kinds of reports.
Learned a lot about MS Office applications specifically excel and a bit of SQL Database creation.
Do not approve of the decisions made by the management since most of it caused resignation from the front liners.
Love my co-workers, they keep me sane.
Great community of workers.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2015
Work was quick to pick up on... A lot of movement so no need for the gym :)

Ive learned lots working at Ingram. Training was a breeze.

Management COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. They have most things organized. They make up bullsh*t with no proof.

Co-worker are warm and welcoming.

Hardest part of the job is probably lifting very heavy products.

Most enjoyable the employees.
Do not always treat staff fairly in regards to position or salary
Jr Managment (Current Employee) –  ON16 October 2015
Most of the staff are over worked, very underpaid and have little Senior Management support.
There is not much room for advancement, nor is any one encouraged to do so. This company seems to be more about the numbers in this transition and care less about proper job title/responsibilities/salary alignments.
Good points are the co-workers that are still there are great people.
Pros
Good people for the most part
Cons
very poor support from senior level management or HR
Fun and a great company to work for.
Inventory Clerk/Function tester (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great company to work for.I love my job and also my team.Each of us has a work stations and we share each others knowledge to accomplished the job.Management at work is great,they offered insurance,online courses and training in order for us to grow in our field of work.the enjoyable part of the job is to work with coworkers that are form my country,it is fun to work with people that speak the same language and share the same culture.For two years of working at Ingram Micro I have learned a lot of stuff from working for projects,dealing with the customers,and shipping and inventory.
Ingram Micro Inc -Mississauga
Machine Operator - Cherry Picker & Double Walkie (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2015
I had a good time working for Ingram Micro. The management was decent while working night shifts, the work was busy but they didn't force you to work like an animal but rather work the best as you can!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Contact work at the time
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Missisauga13 October 2015
Area of work Accounting, budget, finance, assurance, treasury, reporting
fun work place with supportive management
Fast pace, completive business sector and constantly changing demands
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2015
In response to the expulsive growth of the computer and technology information (IT) industry beginning in the early 1990’s, the company grew rapidly. The competitive nature of the distribution business demanded constant changes in order to differentiate and take advantage of market share. The environment was challenging but also provided the opportunity personal development and career advancement. Management was very supportive of associate’s development through training and promotion.

Then came the decline in the computer and IT sector which lead to reduced profit margins, the need to outsource and lay-offs. Those of us who were fortunate to retain our jobs had the benefit to travel for work to train and develop associates in other regions and cultures.

Work/life balance was a major challenge, more so with the advent of laptop and cellphone, but I enjoyed every aspects of the job. I looked forward daily to the interaction with my colleagues and vendor representation to resolve issues. Although some of the trips were gruesome, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the cultural exchanges. The most fulfilling part of the job was training, coaching and mentoring: especially new hires, the outsource providers and co-op students.
Pros
Variety of things to do, opportunity to develop new skills, latitude to be innovative and non-combative working environment
Cons
Competitive nature of the business, corporate objectives demand and job uncertainity.
N/a
Accounts Payable Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great Company to work for. At one point Ingram Micro used to be the largest IT distribution company in the world.

It had a modern culture and friendly environment.
Fast pace, constant changing and competitive business environment
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2015
The company grew in ten years from $250M to $2B in sales. That pace of grwoth created opportunities for personal development and career advancement. Overtime we lost the benefits of the intimacy of the small group to an expanse global corporate structure. That was not all bad because a lot of subject matter experts had the privilege to work in other countries to share their expertise and gain a wealth of knowledge from the other side.

Some of my fondest memories include the annual picnics, exposure to the different cultures of the countries to which I traveled and the fun we shared at the offsite department lunches. As well as the interaction with my vendor partners.
Pros
The rewarding opportunities to develop and utilize my knwoledge and skills
Cons
The stress from the constant pressure to meet the corporate financial objectives
Raymond Reach Operator
Raymond Reach Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2015
I would operate the Raymond Reach truck to pick orders using a RF scanner. After picking and completing the order I would wrap the pallets and stage them in the designated area. I would also do inventory cycle counts to make sure the quantity of the porducts in locations match accordingly to the system. Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Lots of Overtime hours
It is a fun working at Ingram Micro
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga8 July 2015
Ingram micro has fast paced working Environment. I started in this company from Agency. After sometimes management hired me as part time permanent. I started to get benefits too. After that management accessed my work performance and hired me as permanent associate. As mentioned in my Resume I do order picker, billing, packaging, Inventary
Process Improvement and Team Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington4 May 2015
Ingram Micro has become an environment where process improvements are considered to be of the up most value to achieving success.
Co-workers are great to get along with and drive a successful team
Pros
Building Structure, Ability to make changes
Cons
Long Hours, high demand
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2015
proper training training provided
supportive managers and supervisors
supportive co workers
RF Scanners are user friendly
Productive and Fun workplace and Lots of Knowledge
Operation Specialist Configuration (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2015
Good Co-workers
Good Management
Technology Based Job as It Technician
Work with bank and many other customers
Learned a lot about It Field
Stressful, unqualified management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 April 2015
Ingram Micro is a very stressful place to work at and sales managers/executives are not qualified to manage the team well.

Sadly if the manager and director at Ingram Micro do not like you and it doesn't matter how well you perform, your days are numbered.

Sales manager need to be more professional and aware of their surroundings; instead of brushing the serious issue's under the rug.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch however must attend training.
Cons
Long hours, not a professional environment, unqualified managers.
Loud workplace with tense atmosphere
General Light Labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2015
All aspects of the job are typically what you would expect, except for management.

Allow me to preface this review by saying I had a part time, temporary position as a picker only. I received this job offer through a work agency.

They're pushy, commanding, and essentially terrible at their job.

Temp employees such as myself, wore nametags. These served no purpose, as management would literally snap their fingers and exclaim "HEY! I need you." to get your attention, followed by a come here motion without even making eye contact. Terrible communication as a whole.

I had taken the job as a picker only, but management demands that you fulfill other tasks as well, jobs not in your job description. Expect to do 4-5 other jobs around the warehouse as the management please, with no bonus compensation. All with the same aggressive demanding "HEY!"

Other
- Major intersection of Hurontario and Britannia West.

- Regular bus routes are close by. If you do take public transit, keep in mind the walking time from your stop. For me it was a good 10 minutes.

- For your lunch options, there's a Wendy's/Tim Hortons, and a Subway restaurant along Hurontario. Ingram Micro is far enough that even on your lunch break, you can only really eat at these places if you drive with a car.

- Parking spots seem to be ample.

- The majority of the lockers are located in the washrooms, which were all completely used by full time employees. Personal belongings such as watches and cellphones aren't allowed past the revolving door, so you'll load them in an envelope and
  more... give them to security to hold. You can also put them in your car, if you have one.

- Absolutely zero free lockers for my own temp group meant storing our lunches in the communal fridge. I never really ate lunch or stored mine there, but there's a glaring risk of someone stealing your lunch, or worse, an allergy accident.

Overall
Normally I'm a patient person, but it's been tested when I worked there. Please, save yourself the headache and reconsider working for the management at Ingram Micro.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Terrible management
Nice and clean workplace and peaceful work environment
Wireless Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington,ON3 March 2015
This company provides a good and peaceful work environment. I learned many new things and implemented new techniques. The management of company is very good. All the co-workers are very helpful.
Huge company with nice people
Warehouse receiver-picker-packer-shipper (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA1 March 2015
get to work receive inventory and designate workers to specific areas of the warehouse.

assist and train workers with RF guns and warehouse systems
management very strict

co workers are very nice and we all helped one another to meet the quotas for the day.

having to mange workers in different parts of the warehouse is hard as if they need your help in 2 places you have to do one at a time while someone waits for you which slows down the produce.

seeing product that haven't yet come out to the market.
Pros
lots of over time
Temporary Assignment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2015
I really enjoyed working at Ingram Micro over the holidays. Great culture and management was great and very helpful. If given an opportunity I would return there.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Temp Assignment
FUN and Productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2015
A wide Variety of experience.Productivity and Challenge.

Learn how to organize your time.
Focusing on given duties and responsibilities.
Team work and one family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingram Micro. Our community is ready to answer.