Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Productive and Hardworking
Order Picker/Inventory Control Staff (Former Employee) –  88 Foster Street Mississauga Ontario21 January 2015
Working at Ingram Micro for more than 2 months was a good experience to me. I've learned a lot of things when it comes to warehousing business. This company gave me the opportunity to show my skills and abilities on how to work with different people, how to deal with different task that my superiors or manager asked me to do and do it productive; and working long hours just to met the demand in shipping or inventory department . I really loved and I enjoyed my working days at Ingram Micro with all the people that I've worked with even how busy it is and too much work to do.
Cons
Long hours but I loved my job and I enjoyed it.
Fast paced environment within the IT industry
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2012
On a daily basis, I entered orders on Impulse system, checked order placements against reserve inventory, and the Back Orders. I also awaited verification of discounts, and while there, I learned about the IT industry and various forms of technology.
I worked on a team; distributing Purchase orders throughout the team.
The hardest part of the job was they did not promote and encourage a work-life balance, however the most enjoyable part of the job is how they motivated their staff with draws and recognition programs.
Pros
great meals provided during trainings
Cons
long hours, and no work life balance
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Missisauga13 October 2015
Area of work Accounting, budget, finance, assurance, treasury, reporting
fun work place with supportive management
N/A
Accounts Payable Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great Company to work for. At one point Ingram Micro used to be the largest IT distribution company in the world.

It had a modern culture and friendly environment.
Huge company with nice people
Warehouse receiver-picker-packer-shipper (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA1 March 2015
get to work receive inventory and designate workers to specific areas of the warehouse.

assist and train workers with RF guns and warehouse systems
management very strict

co workers are very nice and we all helped one another to meet the quotas for the day.

having to mange workers in different parts of the warehouse is hard as if they need your help in 2 places you have to do one at a time while someone waits for you which slows down the produce.

seeing product that haven't yet come out to the market.
Pros
lots of over time
Raymond Reach Operator
Raymond Reach Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2015
I would operate the Raymond Reach truck to pick orders using a RF scanner. After picking and completing the order I would wrap the pallets and stage them in the designated area. I would also do inventory cycle counts to make sure the quantity of the porducts in locations match accordingly to the system. Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Lots of Overtime hours
excellent place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2014
pull boxes and setup bios in laptops
learned settings
management is strict
hardest thing is lifting
corworkers are helpful
enjoy lunches
Pros
free lunch
Process Improvement and Team Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington4 May 2015
Ingram Micro has become an environment where process improvements are considered to be of the up most value to achieving success.
Co-workers are great to get along with and drive a successful team
Pros
Building Structure, Ability to make changes
Cons
Long Hours, high demand
Fast-paced and productive; very busy environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 May 2013
Picked orders using RF Scanner in order to arrange boxes for shipping. Packed and arranged boxes for shipment. Worked on a production line and maintained cleanliness of work environment. I learned how to use an RF Scanner and a list to pick orders at this job. I also learned to use a "popcorn machine" to fill boxes to ensure damage is not done to product. Management was nice. Coworkers were fine, The hardest part was all the physical strain as you are constantly walking in steel-toed shoes. The best part was there was always something to do.
working with people, communicating
shipping and recieiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2015
good love the people, love to work alot the job was easy ,and had alot of long hours, managers were nice, loved to communicate, and they always had a smile
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing
Temporary Assignment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2015
I really enjoyed working at Ingram Micro over the holidays. Great culture and management was great and very helpful. If given an opportunity I would return there.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Temp Assignment
Fun to work company- has All Indoor Sports activities in basement
Marketing Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga26 July 2014
Challenging & demanding and same time very enjoyable working atmosphere with great team and great loving management, used to give you sense of responsibility to do best for the company regardless of how many hours you spend in a day. I was lucky to have company like Ingram Micro.
Pros
Free drinks, Free Gym
Cons
No Free Food though
New industry, new learnings.
Catalogue Specialist, Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philippines20 April 2013
Though work place is 1hr and 30 mins away from home, it's still great to go to office. Learning new things a day is quite fun. I'm quite familiar with SAP and MS Outlook as these are our main tool in processing our transactions or completing our work.Superiors are approachable that I wouldn't feel aloof, and they are very much accommodating to any questions, concerns or anything I wanted to share with them as long as they are not busy too. My colleagues are very much friendly, that I could work with a happy heart and very cool mind,and could finish my work on time. Well, maybe the hardest part is when typhoon or whenever there is heavy rains, it's really hard to go to the office since it is quite far from home. The most enjoyable is when they recognized any hardships and contributions that anyone gave for the improvement of the business. It encouraged and motivated me more.
Pros
work environment - co-workers, supervisors, place
Cons
far away from home
Working at Ingram Micro Logistics L.P
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2012
The company is an established technology provider and a leader in its industry. I love and enjoy my word as a contract distribution associate and have learned many things which added to my skills and experience. Due to work shortage because of slowdown, my contract was terminated after 2 extensions. However, my supervisor and the manager have assured us that when it becomes busy, they will certainly call us back.
Pros
good working environment, good facilities, good training and experience
Cons
employment is only on contract basis
Fast Paced, ever changing environment. Excellent business culture
Sr. Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto , Canada25 November 2014
Ingram Micro is a great organization that has developed a winning culture. A global leader in the distribution of IT products, solutions and services.
Ingram‘s diversification allowed for growth and success in times when growth in core business offerings was challenging.
A fast paced and fun environment, a great place to work and really enjoyed my time there.
Meeting deadlines , Bonus incentive for collections over 60 days
Credit Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2012
Fun place to work , fitness club, Yoga , and once a month Friday breakfast meeting.Achieving your goals of maintaining 30 days
extended credit
Pros
vendors lunches every month
Cons
example: long hours to succeed bonus
Productive and Fun workplace and Lots of Knowledge
Operation Specialist Configuration (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2015
Good Co-workers
Good Management
Technology Based Job as It Technician
Work with bank and many other customers
Learned a lot about It Field
Ingram Micro
Branch Support Rep (Former Employee) –  mississauga6 September 2012
• Prepared and edited correspondence, invoices, reports etc
• Co-ordinated the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments and meetings.
• Established administrative systems for process efficiency; produces correspondence and documents.
• Set up and maintained database and tracking systems
• Compiled data, statistics and other information to support sales activities
• Mentored new office staff in procedures and in use of software.
• Organized conferences
Cons
Nice and clean workplace and peaceful work environment
Wireless Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington,ON3 March 2015
This company provides a good and peaceful work environment. I learned many new things and implemented new techniques. The management of company is very good. All the co-workers are very helpful.
Sales Environment
BUYER & SALES SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2013
Extremely busy. Learnt a lot about technology/electronic products. Co-workers were easy going and humorous but very professional and I enjoyed every bit of it. Management was supportive.
Pros
free lunches for above marginal sales, birthdays, kudos for performance and every holiday occasion