Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Fast pace, completive business sector and constantly changing demands
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2015
In response to the expulsive growth of the computer and technology information (IT) industry beginning in the early 1990’s, the company grew rapidly. The competitive nature of the distribution business demanded constant changes in order to differentiate and take advantage of market share. The environment was challenging but also provided the opportunity personal development and career advancement. Management was very supportive of associate’s development through training and promotion.

Then came the decline in the computer and IT sector which lead to reduced profit margins, the need to outsource and lay-offs. Those of us who were fortunate to retain our jobs had the benefit to travel for work to train and develop associates in other regions and cultures.

Work/life balance was a major challenge, more so with the advent of laptop and cellphone, but I enjoyed every aspects of the job. I looked forward daily to the interaction with my colleagues and vendor representation to resolve issues. Although some of the trips were gruesome, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the cultural exchanges. The most fulfilling part of the job was training, coaching and mentoring: especially new hires, the outsource providers and co-op students.
Pros
Variety of things to do, opportunity to develop new skills, latitude to be innovative and non-combative working environment
Cons
Competitive nature of the business, corporate objectives demand and job uncertainity.
N/a
Accounts Payable Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great Company to work for. At one point Ingram Micro used to be the largest IT distribution company in the world.

It had a modern culture and friendly environment.
Fast pace, constant changing and competitive business environment
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2015
The company grew in ten years from $250M to $2B in sales. That pace of grwoth created opportunities for personal development and career advancement. Overtime we lost the benefits of the intimacy of the small group to an expanse global corporate structure. That was not all bad because a lot of subject matter experts had the privilege to work in other countries to share their expertise and gain a wealth of knowledge from the other side.

Some of my fondest memories include the annual picnics, exposure to the different cultures of the countries to which I traveled and the fun we shared at the offsite department lunches. As well as the interaction with my vendor partners.
Pros
The rewarding opportunities to develop and utilize my knwoledge and skills
Cons
The stress from the constant pressure to meet the corporate financial objectives
Raymond Reach Operator
Raymond Reach Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2015
I would operate the Raymond Reach truck to pick orders using a RF scanner. After picking and completing the order I would wrap the pallets and stage them in the designated area. I would also do inventory cycle counts to make sure the quantity of the porducts in locations match accordingly to the system. Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Lots of Overtime hours
It is a fun working at Ingram Micro
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga8 July 2015
Ingram micro has fast paced working Environment. I started in this company from Agency. After sometimes management hired me as part time permanent. I started to get benefits too. After that management accessed my work performance and hired me as permanent associate. As mentioned in my Resume I do order picker, billing, packaging, Inventary
Process Improvement and Team Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington4 May 2015
Ingram Micro has become an environment where process improvements are considered to be of the up most value to achieving success.
Co-workers are great to get along with and drive a successful team
Pros
Building Structure, Ability to make changes
Cons
Long Hours, high demand
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2015
proper training training provided
supportive managers and supervisors
supportive co workers
RF Scanners are user friendly
Productive and Fun workplace and Lots of Knowledge
Operation Specialist Configuration (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2015
Good Co-workers
Good Management
Technology Based Job as It Technician
Work with bank and many other customers
Learned a lot about It Field
Stressful, unqualified management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 April 2015
Ingram Micro is a very stressful place to work at and sales managers/executives are not qualified to manage the team well.

Sadly if the manager and director at Ingram Micro do not like you and it doesn't matter how well you perform, your days are numbered.

Sales manager need to be more professional and aware of their surroundings; instead of brushing the serious issue's under the rug.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch however must attend training.
Cons
Long hours, not a professional environment, unqualified managers.
Loud workplace with tense atmosphere
General Light Labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2015
All aspects of the job are typically what you would expect, except for management.

Allow me to preface this review by saying I had a part time, temporary position as a picker only. I received this job offer through a work agency.

They're pushy, commanding, and essentially terrible at their job.

Temp employees such as myself, wore nametags. These served no purpose, as management would literally snap their fingers and exclaim "HEY! I need you." to get your attention, followed by a come here motion without even making eye contact. Terrible communication as a whole.

I had taken the job as a picker only, but management demands that you fulfill other tasks as well, jobs not in your job description. Expect to do 4-5 other jobs around the warehouse as the management please, with no bonus compensation. All with the same aggressive demanding "HEY!"

Other
- Major intersection of Hurontario and Britannia West.

- Regular bus routes are close by. If you do take public transit, keep in mind the walking time from your stop. For me it was a good 10 minutes.

- For your lunch options, there's a Wendy's/Tim Hortons, and a Subway restaurant along Hurontario. Ingram Micro is far enough that even on your lunch break, you can only really eat at these places if you drive with a car.

- Parking spots seem to be ample.

- The majority of the lockers are located in the washrooms, which were all completely used by full time employees. Personal belongings such as watches and cellphones aren't allowed past the revolving door, so you'll load them in an envelope and
  more... give them to security to hold. You can also put them in your car, if you have one.

- Absolutely zero free lockers for my own temp group meant storing our lunches in the communal fridge. I never really ate lunch or stored mine there, but there's a glaring risk of someone stealing your lunch, or worse, an allergy accident.

Overall
Normally I'm a patient person, but it's been tested when I worked there. Please, save yourself the headache and reconsider working for the management at Ingram Micro.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Terrible management
Nice and clean workplace and peaceful work environment
Wireless Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington,ON3 March 2015
This company provides a good and peaceful work environment. I learned many new things and implemented new techniques. The management of company is very good. All the co-workers are very helpful.
Huge company with nice people
Warehouse receiver-picker-packer-shipper (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA1 March 2015
get to work receive inventory and designate workers to specific areas of the warehouse.

assist and train workers with RF guns and warehouse systems
management very strict

co workers are very nice and we all helped one another to meet the quotas for the day.

having to mange workers in different parts of the warehouse is hard as if they need your help in 2 places you have to do one at a time while someone waits for you which slows down the produce.

seeing product that haven't yet come out to the market.
Pros
lots of over time
Temporary Assignment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2015
I really enjoyed working at Ingram Micro over the holidays. Great culture and management was great and very helpful. If given an opportunity I would return there.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Temp Assignment
FUN and Productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2015
A wide Variety of experience.Productivity and Challenge.

Learn how to organize your time.
Focusing on given duties and responsibilities.
Team work and one family.
Productive and Hardworking
Order Picker/Inventory Control Staff (Former Employee) –  88 Foster Street Mississauga Ontario21 January 2015
Working at Ingram Micro for more than 2 months was a good experience to me. I've learned a lot of things when it comes to warehousing business. This company gave me the opportunity to show my skills and abilities on how to work with different people, how to deal with different task that my superiors or manager asked me to do and do it productive; and working long hours just to met the demand in shipping or inventory department . I really loved and I enjoyed my working days at Ingram Micro with all the people that I've worked with even how busy it is and too much work to do.
Cons
Long hours but I loved my job and I enjoyed it.
working with people, communicating
shipping and recieiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2015
good love the people, love to work alot the job was easy ,and had alot of long hours, managers were nice, loved to communicate, and they always had a smile
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing
There are better places to work.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2014
Overall rating is poor because:

1.Job Work/Life Balance: It was common to be harassed into working extra hours without consideration for employees needs, even up 14 hours a day at times and not during the Xmas rush.

2. Salary/Benefits: Salary is low and benefits were often discussed on spoken of in front of workers yet rarely did workers have direct access to them. Keep in mind that the majority of the company's workforce is taken from temp agencies.

3. Job Security/Advancement: Non-existent. Easy to be fired; sent home; laid off; asked to come back; etc... Common to be cross-trained but do not expect formal promotions even after several months of doing multiple roles.

4. Management: My direct manager was clearly a substance abuser and yet that manager's colleagues seemed fine with it. During my time there, the GM was fired for a scandal and the supervisor pool was rife with overbearing and uncaring types. To put it simply, one was lead to believe that the worker is always wrong unless being approached by the top manager visiting from L.A.

5. Job Culture: Met a lot of good people who were trying to make a start or a change in their lives. Although while on the job, social interaction and teamwork is strictly prohibited for the temp workers. Direct hire workers seemed to have more flexibility.
Pros
You'll have a job.
Cons
Please refer to review.
Fast Paced, ever changing environment. Excellent business culture
Sr. Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto , Canada25 November 2014
Ingram Micro is a great organization that has developed a winning culture. A global leader in the distribution of IT products, solutions and services.
Ingram‘s diversification allowed for growth and success in times when growth in core business offerings was challenging.
A fast paced and fun environment, a great place to work and really enjoyed my time there.
excellent place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2014
pull boxes and setup bios in laptops
learned settings
management is strict
hardest thing is lifting
corworkers are helpful
enjoy lunches
Pros
free lunch
very friendly atmosphere
Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Missisauga23 September 2014
Enjoyed working at Ingram lot of support from colleauges and seniors and good place to start career.
Pros
vendor lunches and treats
Cons
month ends and quarter ends are crazy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingram Micro. Our community is ready to answer.