Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Ancient tools
Market Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2015
Co-workers are amazing. Management is alright and they have a decent benefits package. Tools are ancient which is sad for an IT company.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Random weekends working.
Fast Paced, ever changing environment. Excellent business culture
Sr. Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto , Canada25 November 2014
Ingram Micro is a great organization that has developed a winning culture. A global leader in the distribution of IT products, solutions and services.
Ingram‘s diversification allowed for growth and success in times when growth in core business offerings was challenging.
A fast paced and fun environment, a great place to work and really enjoyed my time there.
Fast-paced and productive; very busy environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 May 2013
Picked orders using RF Scanner in order to arrange boxes for shipping. Packed and arranged boxes for shipment. Worked on a production line and maintained cleanliness of work environment. I learned how to use an RF Scanner and a list to pick orders at this job. I also learned to use a "popcorn machine" to fill boxes to ensure damage is not done to product. Management was nice. Coworkers were fine, The hardest part was all the physical strain as you are constantly walking in steel-toed shoes. The best part was there was always something to do.
Fast paced environment within the IT industry
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2012
On a daily basis, I entered orders on Impulse system, checked order placements against reserve inventory, and the Back Orders. I also awaited verification of discounts, and while there, I learned about the IT industry and various forms of technology.
I worked on a team; distributing Purchase orders throughout the team.
The hardest part of the job was they did not promote and encourage a work-life balance, however the most enjoyable part of the job is how they motivated their staff with draws and recognition programs.
Pros
great meals provided during trainings
Cons
long hours, and no work life balance
Ingram Micro
Branch Support Rep (Former Employee) –  mississauga6 September 2012
• Prepared and edited correspondence, invoices, reports etc
• Co-ordinated the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments and meetings.
• Established administrative systems for process efficiency; produces correspondence and documents.
• Set up and maintained database and tracking systems
• Compiled data, statistics and other information to support sales activities
• Mentored new office staff in procedures and in use of software.
• Organized conferences
Working at Ingram Micro Logistics L.P
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2012
The company is an established technology provider and a leader in its industry. I love and enjoy my word as a contract distribution associate and have learned many things which added to my skills and experience. Due to work shortage because of slowdown, my contract was terminated after 2 extensions. However, my supervisor and the manager have assured us that when it becomes busy, they will certainly call us back.
Pros
good working environment, good facilities, good training and experience
Cons
employment is only on contract basis
A very , very fast paced environment
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2012
Start by logging in on a R.F scanner. Use scanner to scan label on customers orders which then tells you where item is located and how much minutes you have to generate that order.

I learned that there was time to mess around at this job because at the end of the shift you had to give the reason why you took x amount of minutes to pick an order.

A mixed feeling about co-workers. Did not work long enough to get to know each other very well.
Fun to work company- has All Indoor Sports activities in basement
Marketing Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga26 July 2014
Challenging & demanding and same time very enjoyable working atmosphere with great team and great loving management, used to give you sense of responsibility to do best for the company regardless of how many hours you spend in a day. I was lucky to have company like Ingram Micro.
Pros
Free drinks, Free Gym
Cons
No Free Food though
N/A
Accounts Payable Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great Company to work for. At one point Ingram Micro used to be the largest IT distribution company in the world.

It had a modern culture and friendly environment.
Process Improvement and Team Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington4 May 2015
Ingram Micro has become an environment where process improvements are considered to be of the up most value to achieving success.
Co-workers are great to get along with and drive a successful team
Pros
Building Structure, Ability to make changes
Cons
Long Hours, high demand
A nice place to work with.
Credit Application Rep/Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2014
Ingram Micro is a very good and nice place to work with. Working environment, benefits wise, co-workers everything was really perfect.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are working with professional people at work.
Pros
They have free lunches and lots of activities.
Cons
N/A
Sales Environment
BUYER & SALES SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2013
Extremely busy. Learnt a lot about technology/electronic products. Co-workers were easy going and humorous but very professional and I enjoyed every bit of it. Management was supportive.
Pros
free lunches for above marginal sales, birthdays, kudos for performance and every holiday occasion
Cons
Nice and clean workplace and peaceful work environment
Wireless Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington,ON3 March 2015
This company provides a good and peaceful work environment. I learned many new things and implemented new techniques. The management of company is very good. All the co-workers are very helpful.
Meeting deadlines , Bonus incentive for collections over 60 days
Credit Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2012
Fun place to work , fitness club, Yoga , and once a month Friday breakfast meeting.Achieving your goals of maintaining 30 days
extended credit
Pros
vendors lunches every month
Cons
example: long hours to succeed bonus
New industry, new learnings.
Catalogue Specialist, Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philippines20 April 2013
Though work place is 1hr and 30 mins away from home, it's still great to go to office. Learning new things a day is quite fun. I'm quite familiar with SAP and MS Outlook as these are our main tool in processing our transactions or completing our work.Superiors are approachable that I wouldn't feel aloof, and they are very much accommodating to any questions, concerns or anything I wanted to share with them as long as they are not busy too. My colleagues are very much friendly, that I could work with a happy heart and very cool mind,and could finish my work on time. Well, maybe the hardest part is when typhoon or whenever there is heavy rains, it's really hard to go to the office since it is quite far from home. The most enjoyable is when they recognized any hardships and contributions that anyone gave for the improvement of the business. It encouraged and motivated me more.
Pros
work environment - co-workers, supervisors, place
Cons
far away from home
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Missisauga13 October 2015
Area of work Accounting, budget, finance, assurance, treasury, reporting
fun work place with supportive management
Ingram Micro provided me the "retail" experience lacking in my portfolio
Senior Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga office and travel across all accounts1 December 2012
At Ingram micro, I managed Retail (Office Depot and Canadian Tire) as well as Higher education computer store accounts all across Canada
Pros
additional experience
Productive and Fun workplace and Lots of Knowledge
Operation Specialist Configuration (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2015
Good Co-workers
Good Management
Technology Based Job as It Technician
Work with bank and many other customers
Learned a lot about It Field
Temporary Assignment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2015
I really enjoyed working at Ingram Micro over the holidays. Great culture and management was great and very helpful. If given an opportunity I would return there.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Temp Assignment
working with people, communicating
shipping and recieiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2015
good love the people, love to work alot the job was easy ,and had alot of long hours, managers were nice, loved to communicate, and they always had a smile
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing