Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

There are better places to work.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2014
Overall rating is poor because:

1.Job Work/Life Balance: It was common to be harassed into working extra hours without consideration for employees needs, even up 14 hours a day at times and not during the Xmas rush.

2. Salary/Benefits: Salary is low and benefits were often discussed on spoken of in front of workers yet rarely did workers have direct access to them. Keep in mind that the majority of the company's workforce is taken from temp agencies.

3. Job Security/Advancement: Non-existent. Easy to be fired; sent home; laid off; asked to come back; etc... Common to be cross-trained but do not expect formal promotions even after several months of doing multiple roles.

4. Management: My direct manager was clearly a substance abuser and yet that manager's colleagues seemed fine with it. During my time there, the GM was fired for a scandal and the supervisor pool was rife with overbearing and uncaring types. To put it simply, one was lead to believe that the worker is always wrong unless being approached by the top manager visiting from L.A.

5. Job Culture: Met a lot of good people who were trying to make a start or a change in their lives. Although while on the job, social interaction and teamwork is strictly prohibited for the temp workers. Direct hire workers seemed to have more flexibility.
Pros
You'll have a job.
Cons
Please refer to review.
Approachable supervisor, friendly staff and excellent team based attitude.
Data Entry/Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2016
My typical day at work as an Accounts Payable Associate is printing, scanning, and indexing of invoices into the File.Net software. Through this job my keyboarding skills has improved to 60 wpm. The most enjoyable part of the job is a sense of accomplishment that I feel after completing the assigned task at the end of the day.
Pros
Opportunity to work on other softwares e.g SAP for accounting.
Fun and a great company to work for.
Inventory Clerk/Function tester (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great company to work for.I love my job and also my team.Each of us has a work stations and we share each others knowledge to accomplished the job.Management at work is great,they offered insurance,online courses and training in order for us to grow in our field of work.the enjoyable part of the job is to work with coworkers that are form my country,it is fun to work with people that speak the same language and share the same culture.For two years of working at Ingram Micro I have learned a lot of stuff from working for projects,dealing with the customers,and shipping and inventory.
Fast pace, completive business sector and constantly changing demands
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2015
In response to the expulsive growth of the computer and technology information (IT) industry beginning in the early 1990’s, the company grew rapidly. The competitive nature of the distribution business demanded constant changes in order to differentiate and take advantage of market share. The environment was challenging but also provided the opportunity personal development and career advancement. Management was very supportive of associate’s development through training and promotion.

Then came the decline in the computer and IT sector which lead to reduced profit margins, the need to outsource and lay-offs. Those of us who were fortunate to retain our jobs had the benefit to travel for work to train and develop associates in other regions and cultures.

Work/life balance was a major challenge, more so with the advent of laptop and cellphone, but I enjoyed every aspects of the job. I looked forward daily to the interaction with my colleagues and vendor representation to resolve issues. Although some of the trips were gruesome, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the cultural exchanges. The most fulfilling part of the job was training, coaching and mentoring: especially new hires, the outsource providers and co-op students.
Pros
Variety of things to do, opportunity to develop new skills, latitude to be innovative and non-combative working environment
Cons
Competitive nature of the business, corporate objectives demand and job uncertainity.
productive and peacefull environment
Wireless Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 April 2016
The day at work is really good. Everyday learn a new thing. Manager and co-workers are very helpful and help find solution for all possible problems.
Great teams, productive, and great environment
Marketing Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2015
Great and friendly staff who listen to requests and allow for advancement.

Management is very friendly, there is great communication amongst all levels of staff.

The work is productive and you don't have to worry about crazy work hours.
Pros
free lunches
Good atmosphere with nice people.
Order Picker and Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2016
I worked in two different departments while I was there. The first one was tough as it started at 6:30am. Basically what we did everyday was packaging items to be shipped out to different retail stores. The job was easy, but very monotonous and repetitive, but someone has to do it, right? The second department was more relaxed as the work was less labour intensive and easier in general. I picked orders to be placed in boxes that were to be shipped out directly to the customers. Every now and then I would help out in different departments if they had a heavy day and we had a light day.
bleh
L&D (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2016
pay is good. management is not. overall experience is fair. don't work here if you're not patient and cannot handle dominant personalities and constant change.
great
Marketing Assistant (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2016
work was great very positive people
great place to work
work was challenging
people had fun
do not have alot of time to sit and do nothing
A very productive working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2016
Worked in several departments, finance-Accounting and Sales,reconcile various accounts using several business objects, macros, and advance excel which can be time crunching and business demanding.
Pros
work friendly atmosphere
Cons
too many contracts
Nice working environment
Distribution Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2016
Good working environment, helpful supervisors, learned a lot about order picking and packing using a RF scanner and working in a fast paced environment. Friendly colleagues and supervisors.
Pros
Reasonable pay with direct deposite
Cons
Sometimes need to carry heavy boxes
A nice place to work with.
Credit Application Rep/Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2014
Ingram Micro is a very good and nice place to work with. Working environment, benefits wise, co-workers everything was really perfect.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are working with professional people at work.
Pros
They have free lunches and lots of activities.
Cons
N/A
A fast paced IT sales environment with excellent co-workers.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2013
Ingram Micro works with the vendors and sales reps to ensure employees are trained in many areas of the IT industry. Regular training sessions are part of your work week done either first thing in the morning or at lunchtime.

The job is very detailed oriented and requires great organization. Lots of perks for the sales reps.

As an Account Executive you manage your own accounts, however, there is a team environment. Co workers are always happy to help which is invaluable in such a busy work day.

The challenge in this position is time management. There are service levels to be met for your customers and sometimes that can get hectic.

Despite being a very busy day, employees receive lots of extras from various vendors. As well you are trained on the latest in products (software and hardware). Lots of incentives.

A great bunch of people to work with.

Having worked at this company for 10 years, I learned a tremendous amount of product knowledge.
Pros
Lots of training and promotions for the employees
Cons
Long hours and at times tight deadlines
Fun work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
A very fun work place with proper management and supportive supervisors. Well training procedures for new commerce and a very team work environment. Has a lot of potential to grow in the company as there are different positions to try.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
the metal detector: where you have to take your shoe off all the time
Stressful, unqualified management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 April 2015
Ingram Micro is a very stressful place to work at and sales managers/executives are not qualified to manage the team well.

Sadly if the manager and director at Ingram Micro do not like you and it doesn't matter how well you perform, your days are numbered.

Sales manager need to be more professional and aware of their surroundings; instead of brushing the serious issue's under the rug.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch however must attend training.
Cons
Long hours, not a professional environment, unqualified managers.
Enjoyable workplace because of co-workers/friends
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 November 2015
Busy day with all kinds of reports.
Learned a lot about MS Office applications specifically excel and a bit of SQL Database creation.
Do not approve of the decisions made by the management since most of it caused resignation from the front liners.
Love my co-workers, they keep me sane.
Great community of workers.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2015
Work was quick to pick up on... A lot of movement so no need for the gym :)

Ive learned lots working at Ingram. Training was a breeze.

Management COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. They have most things organized. They make up bullsh*t with no proof.

Co-worker are warm and welcoming.

Hardest part of the job is probably lifting very heavy products.

Most enjoyable the employees.
Loud workplace with tense atmosphere
General Light Labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2015
All aspects of the job are typically what you would expect, except for management.

Allow me to preface this review by saying I had a part time, temporary position as a picker only. I received this job offer through a work agency.

They're pushy, commanding, and essentially terrible at their job.

Temp employees such as myself, wore nametags. These served no purpose, as management would literally snap their fingers and exclaim "HEY! I need you." to get your attention, followed by a come here motion without even making eye contact. Terrible communication as a whole.

I had taken the job as a picker only, but management demands that you fulfill other tasks as well, jobs not in your job description. Expect to do 4-5 other jobs around the warehouse as the management please, with no bonus compensation. All with the same aggressive demanding "HEY!"

Other
- Major intersection of Hurontario and Britannia West.

- Regular bus routes are close by. If you do take public transit, keep in mind the walking time from your stop. For me it was a good 10 minutes.

- For your lunch options, there's a Wendy's/Tim Hortons, and a Subway restaurant along Hurontario. Ingram Micro is far enough that even on your lunch break, you can only really eat at these places if you drive with a car.

- Parking spots seem to be ample.

- The majority of the lockers are located in the washrooms, which were all completely used by full time employees. Personal belongings such as watches and cellphones aren't allowed past the revolving door, so you'll load them in an envelope and
  more... give them to security to hold. You can also put them in your car, if you have one.

- Absolutely zero free lockers for my own temp group meant storing our lunches in the communal fridge. I never really ate lunch or stored mine there, but there's a glaring risk of someone stealing your lunch, or worse, an allergy accident.

Overall
Normally I'm a patient person, but it's been tested when I worked there. Please, save yourself the headache and reconsider working for the management at Ingram Micro.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Terrible management
Ingram Micro Inc -Mississauga
Machine Operator - Cherry Picker & Double Walkie (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2015
I had a good time working for Ingram Micro. The management was decent while working night shifts, the work was busy but they didn't force you to work like an animal but rather work the best as you can!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Contact work at the time
Professional work place.
Finance Contract Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 January 2016
Preparing monthly sales forecast by entering, formatting and validating data for various vendors and assisted in preparation of accruals.