Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

A very productive working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2016
Worked in several departments, finance-Accounting and Sales,reconcile various accounts using several business objects, macros, and advance excel which can be time crunching and business demanding.
Pros
work friendly atmosphere
Cons
too many contracts
bleh
L&D (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2016
pay is good. management is not. overall experience is fair. don't work here if you're not patient and cannot handle dominant personalities and constant change.
Nice working environment
Distribution Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2016
Good working environment, helpful supervisors, learned a lot about order picking and packing using a RF scanner and working in a fast paced environment. Friendly colleagues and supervisors.
Pros
Reasonable pay with direct deposite
Cons
Sometimes need to carry heavy boxes
2 star, 1 star Life Balance, Salary, Benefits, Security, Management and Culture
Sales Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2016
Nice co-workers, friendly environment.

I learned how to multi-task to the max.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the vendor and customer interaction.

Hardest part was trying to fit in personal development admin work into a 8 hour day.

Typical day was reviewing e-mails, reporting and open orders.
Interaction with vendors, suppliers and customers to ensure ontime delivery and SLAS were met.
Pros
Free Lunches, Dinners
Cons
Long Hours for Quarter Ends
Good starting company
Project & Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2016
Working here hasn't been that bad. The management staff need management training.

Those that work hard stay in their roles and people that are good at nothing get promoted.

Not a bad place to start your career.
Pros
Free golf shirts
Cons
career development, salary, management
Good atmosphere with nice people.
Order Picker and Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2016
I worked in two different departments while I was there. The first one was tough as it started at 6:30am. Basically what we did everyday was packaging items to be shipped out to different retail stores. The job was easy, but very monotonous and repetitive, but someone has to do it, right? The second department was more relaxed as the work was less labour intensive and easier in general. I picked orders to be placed in boxes that were to be shipped out directly to the customers. Every now and then I would help out in different departments if they had a heavy day and we had a light day.
Professional work place.
Finance Contract Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 January 2016
Preparing monthly sales forecast by entering, formatting and validating data for various vendors and assisted in preparation of accruals.
Great teams, productive, and great environment
Marketing Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2015
Great and friendly staff who listen to requests and allow for advancement.

Management is very friendly, there is great communication amongst all levels of staff.

The work is productive and you don't have to worry about crazy work hours.
Pros
free lunches
Fun work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
A very fun work place with proper management and supportive supervisors. Well training procedures for new commerce and a very team work environment. Has a lot of potential to grow in the company as there are different positions to try.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
the metal detector: where you have to take your shoe off all the time
Ancient tools
Market Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2015
Co-workers are amazing. Management is alright and they have a decent benefits package. Tools are ancient which is sad for an IT company.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Random weekends working.
Enjoyable workplace because of co-workers/friends
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 November 2015
Busy day with all kinds of reports.
Learned a lot about MS Office applications specifically excel and a bit of SQL Database creation.
Do not approve of the decisions made by the management since most of it caused resignation from the front liners.
Love my co-workers, they keep me sane.
Great community of workers.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2015
Work was quick to pick up on... A lot of movement so no need for the gym :)

Ive learned lots working at Ingram. Training was a breeze.

Management COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. They have most things organized. They make up bullsh*t with no proof.

Co-worker are warm and welcoming.

Hardest part of the job is probably lifting very heavy products.

Most enjoyable the employees.
Do not always treat staff fairly in regards to position or salary
Jr Managment (Current Employee) –  ON16 October 2015
Most of the staff are over worked, very underpaid and have little Senior Management support.
There is not much room for advancement, nor is any one encouraged to do so. This company seems to be more about the numbers in this transition and care less about proper job title/responsibilities/salary alignments.
Good points are the co-workers that are still there are great people.
Pros
Good people for the most part
Cons
very poor support from senior level management or HR
Fun and a great company to work for.
Inventory Clerk/Function tester (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great company to work for.I love my job and also my team.Each of us has a work stations and we share each others knowledge to accomplished the job.Management at work is great,they offered insurance,online courses and training in order for us to grow in our field of work.the enjoyable part of the job is to work with coworkers that are form my country,it is fun to work with people that speak the same language and share the same culture.For two years of working at Ingram Micro I have learned a lot of stuff from working for projects,dealing with the customers,and shipping and inventory.
Ingram Micro Inc -Mississauga
Machine Operator - Cherry Picker & Double Walkie (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2015
I had a good time working for Ingram Micro. The management was decent while working night shifts, the work was busy but they didn't force you to work like an animal but rather work the best as you can!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Contact work at the time
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Missisauga13 October 2015
Area of work Accounting, budget, finance, assurance, treasury, reporting
fun work place with supportive management
Fast pace, completive business sector and constantly changing demands
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2015
In response to the expulsive growth of the computer and technology information (IT) industry beginning in the early 1990’s, the company grew rapidly. The competitive nature of the distribution business demanded constant changes in order to differentiate and take advantage of market share. The environment was challenging but also provided the opportunity personal development and career advancement. Management was very supportive of associate’s development through training and promotion.

Then came the decline in the computer and IT sector which lead to reduced profit margins, the need to outsource and lay-offs. Those of us who were fortunate to retain our jobs had the benefit to travel for work to train and develop associates in other regions and cultures.

Work/life balance was a major challenge, more so with the advent of laptop and cellphone, but I enjoyed every aspects of the job. I looked forward daily to the interaction with my colleagues and vendor representation to resolve issues. Although some of the trips were gruesome, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the cultural exchanges. The most fulfilling part of the job was training, coaching and mentoring: especially new hires, the outsource providers and co-op students.
Pros
Variety of things to do, opportunity to develop new skills, latitude to be innovative and non-combative working environment
Cons
Competitive nature of the business, corporate objectives demand and job uncertainity.
N/A
Accounts Payable Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2015
Ingram Micro is a great Company to work for. At one point Ingram Micro used to be the largest IT distribution company in the world.

It had a modern culture and friendly environment.
Fast pace, constant changing and competitive business environment
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2015
The company grew in ten years from $250M to $2B in sales. That pace of grwoth created opportunities for personal development and career advancement. Overtime we lost the benefits of the intimacy of the small group to an expanse global corporate structure. That was not all bad because a lot of subject matter experts had the privilege to work in other countries to share their expertise and gain a wealth of knowledge from the other side.

Some of my fondest memories include the annual picnics, exposure to the different cultures of the countries to which I traveled and the fun we shared at the offsite department lunches. As well as the interaction with my vendor partners.
Pros
The rewarding opportunities to develop and utilize my knwoledge and skills
Cons
The stress from the constant pressure to meet the corporate financial objectives
Raymond Reach Operator
Raymond Reach Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2015
I would operate the Raymond Reach truck to pick orders using a RF scanner. After picking and completing the order I would wrap the pallets and stage them in the designated area. I would also do inventory cycle counts to make sure the quantity of the porducts in locations match accordingly to the system. Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Lots of Overtime hours