Ingram Micro Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast-paced and productive; very busy environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 7, 2013
Picked orders using RF Scanner in order to arrange boxes for shipping. Packed and arranged boxes for shipment. Worked on a production line and maintained cleanliness of work environment. I learned how to use an RF Scanner and a list to pick orders at this job. I also learned to use a "popcorn machine" to fill boxes to ensure damage is not done to product. Management was nice. Coworkers were fine, The hardest part was all the physical strain as you are constantly walking in steel-toed shoes. The best part was there was always something to do.
Fast paced environment within the IT industry
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2012
On a daily basis, I entered orders on Impulse system, checked order placements against reserve inventory, and the Back Orders. I also awaited verification of discounts, and while there, I learned about the IT industry and various forms of technology.
I worked on a team; distributing Purchase orders throughout the team.
The hardest part of the job was they did not promote and encourage a work-life balance, however the most enjoyable part of the job is how they motivated their staff with draws and recognition programs.
Pros
great meals provided during trainings
Cons
long hours, and no work life balance
Ingram Micro
Branch Support Rep (Former Employee) –  mississaugaSeptember 6, 2012
• Prepared and edited correspondence, invoices, reports etc
• Co-ordinated the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments and meetings.
• Established administrative systems for process efficiency; produces correspondence and documents.
• Set up and maintained database and tracking systems
• Compiled data, statistics and other information to support sales activities
• Mentored new office staff in procedures and in use of software.
• Organized conferences
Cons
A very , very fast paced environment
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 11, 2012
Start by logging in on a R.F scanner. Use scanner to scan label on customers orders which then tells you where item is located and how much minutes you have to generate that order.

I learned that there was time to mess around at this job because at the end of the shift you had to give the reason why you took x amount of minutes to pick an order.

A mixed feeling about co-workers. Did not work long enough to get to know each other very well.
Productive and Fun workplace and Lots of Knowledge
Operation Specialist Configuration (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2015
Good Co-workers
Good Management
Technology Based Job as It Technician
Work with bank and many other customers
Learned a lot about It Field
supportive co workers
RF Scanners are user friendly
FUN and Productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 19, 2015
A wide Variety of experience.Productivity and Challenge.

Learn how to organize your time.
Focusing on given duties and responsibilities.
Team work and one family.
excellent place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2014
pull boxes and setup bios in laptops
learned settings
management is strict
hardest thing is lifting
corworkers are helpful
enjoy lunches
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fast pace, completive business sector and constantly changing demands
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2015
In response to the expulsive growth of the computer and technology information (IT) industry beginning in the early 1990’s, the company grew rapidly. The competitive nature of the distribution business demanded constant changes in order to differentiate and take advantage of market share. The environment was challenging but also provided the opportunity personal development and career advancement. Management was very supportive of associate’s development through training and promotion.

Then came the decline in the computer and IT sector which lead to reduced profit margins, the need to outsource and lay-offs. Those of us who were fortunate to retain our jobs had the benefit to travel for work to train and develop associates in other regions and cultures.

Work/life balance was a major challenge, more so with the advent of laptop and cellphone, but I enjoyed every aspects of the job. I looked forward daily to the interaction with my colleagues and vendor representation to resolve issues. Although some of the trips were gruesome, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the cultural exchanges. The most fulfilling part of the job was training, coaching and mentoring: especially new hires, the outsource providers and co-op students.
Pros
Variety of things to do, opportunity to develop new skills, latitude to be innovative and non-combative working environment
Cons
Competitive nature of the business, corporate objectives demand and job uncertainity.
A fast paced IT sales environment with excellent co-workers.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Ingram Micro works with the vendors and sales reps to ensure employees are trained in many areas of the IT industry. Regular training sessions are part of your work week done either first thing in the morning or at lunchtime.

The job is very detailed oriented and requires great organization. Lots of perks for the sales reps.

As an Account Executive you manage your own accounts, however, there is a team environment. Co workers are always happy to help which is invaluable in such a busy work day.

The challenge in this position is time management. There are service levels to be met for your customers and sometimes that can get hectic.

Despite being a very busy day, employees receive lots of extras from various vendors. As well you are trained on the latest in products (software and hardware). Lots of incentives.

A great bunch of people to work with.

Having worked at this company for 10 years, I learned a tremendous amount of product knowledge.
Pros
lots of training and promotions for the employees
Cons
long hours and at times tight deadlines
Great to work at
General labourer & Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver bcJune 6, 2014
great place to work if u like cheese> Takes time moving up. Located in Vancouver. If you want to learn about cheese. Not to many employees.
The work culture is not something that you would find everywhere.
Senior Market Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 7, 2014
Ingram Micro provides is a very prefessional and friendly environment to work at.
Fast pace work enviroment
Inventory Control Manager/ Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 10, 2013
a fast pace work environment great potential for advancement
a company that respects family values
Excellent place and staff to work with.
RF scanner operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Co-operative staff.
Excellent environment.
Great experience and opportunities to learn new things.
Ingrammicro
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OnApril 1, 2013
Company is excellent.
Co-workers are good.
Hardest part is when Microsoft announces our group is going to close.
Challenging and fast pace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pick and pack orders for customers. Fast paced warehouse environment.
Pros
great hours
Cons
contract position
Leader in IT distribution
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 1, 2013
Relax environment
Majority employees are with the company for a long time
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OnMarch 25, 2013
This was a good job for young people.
Opportunities for growth are good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Professional and Dynamic
Accounting Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2014
Time Management
Speed
New Skills
Training
Good Mentorship
Loud workplace with tense atmosphere
General Light Labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2015
All aspects of the job are typically what you would expect, except for management.

Allow me to preface this review by saying I had a part time, temporary position as a picker only. I received this job offer through a work agency.

They're pushy, commanding, and essentially terrible at their job.

Temp employees such as myself, wore nametags. These served no purpose, as management would literally snap their fingers and exclaim "HEY! I need you." to get your attention, followed by a come here motion without even making eye contact. Terrible communication as a whole.

I had taken the job as a picker only, but management demands that you fulfill other tasks as well, jobs not in your job description. Expect to do 4-5 other jobs around the warehouse as the management please, with no bonus compensation. All with the same aggressive demanding "HEY!"

Other
- Major intersection of Hurontario and Britannia West.

- Regular bus routes are close by. If you do take public transit, keep in mind the walking time from your stop. For me it was a good 10 minutes.

- For your lunch options, there's a Wendy's/Tim Hortons, and a Subway restaurant along Hurontario. Ingram Micro is far enough that even on your lunch break, you can only really eat at these places if you drive with a car.

- Parking spots seem to be ample.

- The majority of the lockers are located in the washrooms, which were all completely used by full time employees. Personal belongings such as watches and cellphones aren't allowed past the revolving door, so you'll load them in an envelope and give them to security to
  more... hold. You can also put them in your car, if you have one.

- Absolutely zero free lockers for my own temp group meant storing our lunches in the communal fridge. I never really ate lunch or stored mine there, but there's a glaring risk of someone stealing your lunch, or worse, an allergy accident.

Overall
Normally I'm a patient person, but it's been tested when I worked there. Please, save yourself the headache and reconsider working for the management at Ingram Micro.
Pros
easy tasks
Cons
terrible management