Ingram Micro

New Skills
Training
Good Mentorship
Great to work at
General labourer & Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver bcJune 6, 2014
great place to work if u like cheese> Takes time moving up. Located in Vancouver. If you want to learn about cheese. Not to many employees.
The work culture is not something that you would find everywhere.
Senior Market Development Specialist (Current Employee), MississaugaMarch 7, 2014
Ingram Micro provides is a very prefessional and friendly environment to work at.
Excellent place and staff to work with.
RF scanner operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Co-operative staff.
Excellent environment.
Great experience and opportunities to learn new things.
A fast paced IT sales environment with excellent co-workers.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: lots of training and promotions for the employees
Cons: long hours and at times tight deadlines
Ingram Micro works with the vendors and sales reps to ensure employees are trained in many areas of the IT industry. Regular training sessions are part of your work week done either first thing in the morning or at lunchtime.

The job is very detailed oriented and requires great organization. Lots of perks for the sales reps.

As an Account Executive – more... you manage your own accounts, however, there is a team environment. Co workers are always happy to help which is invaluable in such a busy work day.

The challenge in this position is time management. There are service levels to be met for your customers and sometimes that can get hectic.

Despite being a very busy day, employees receive lots of extras from various vendors. As well you are trained on the latest in products (software and hardware). Lots of incentives.

A great bunch of people to work with.

Having worked at this company for 10 years, I learned a tremendous amount of product knowledge. – less
Leader in IT distribution
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 1, 2013
Relax environment
Majority employees are with the company for a long time
Fast-paced and productive; very busy environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 7, 2013
Picked orders using RF Scanner in order to arrange boxes for shipping. Packed and arranged boxes for shipment. Worked on a production line and maintained cleanliness of work environment. I learned how to use an RF Scanner and a list to pick orders at this job. I also learned to use a "popcorn machine" to fill boxes to ensure damage is not done to product. – more... Management was nice. Coworkers were fine, The hardest part was all the physical strain as you are constantly walking in steel-toed shoes. The best part was there was always something to do. – less
Fast pace work enviroment
Inventory Control Manager/ Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 10, 2013
a fast pace work environment great potential for advancement
a company that respects family values
Ingrammicro
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnApril 1, 2013
Company is excellent.
Co-workers are good.
Hardest part is when Microsoft announces our group is going to close.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga OnMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
This was a good job for young people.
Opportunities for growth are good.
A very , very fast paced environment
Order picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 11, 2012
Start by logging in on a R.F scanner. Use scanner to scan label on customers orders which then tells you where item is located and how much minutes you have to generate that order.

I learned that there was time to mess around at this job because at the end of the shift you had to give the reason why you took x amount of minutes to pick an order.

A – more... mixed feeling about co-workers. Did not work long enough to get to know each other very well. – less
Challenging and fast pace
Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: contract position
Pick and pack orders for customers. Fast paced warehouse environment.
Ingram Micro
Branch Support Rep (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: //
Cons: /
• Prepared and edited correspondence, invoices, reports etc
• Co-ordinated the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments and meetings.
• Established administrative systems for process efficiency; produces correspondence and documents.
• Set up and maintained database and tracking – more... systems
• Compiled data, statistics and other information to support sales activities
• Mentored new office staff in procedures and in use of software.
• Organized conferences – less
Fast paced environment within the IT industry
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: great meals provided during trainings
Cons: long hours, and no work life balance
On a daily basis, I entered orders on Impulse system, checked order placements against reserve inventory, and the Back Orders. I also awaited verification of discounts, and while there, I learned about the IT industry and various forms of technology.
I worked on a team; distributing Purchase orders throughout the team.
The hardest part of the job was – more... they did not promote and encourage a work-life balance, however the most enjoyable part of the job is how they motivated their staff with draws and recognition programs. – less
Productive and great place to work in.
Business and Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Plainfield, INDecember 13, 2014
Great environment, no micromanagement and given the freedom to try new ideas.
Excellent place.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Lebanon, PADecember 11, 2014
Pros: extra break.
It always kept you busy. Great team work. Their is a lot of walking, which is good for me. The hardest part of the job was, walking up and down the steps for different locations.
Productive and friendly associates environment
Picker/Loader (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: like fast work environment, great employee interaction
Cons: low paid . work soo hard for many hours for soo little paycheck
Evrything looks good but team leader Carmen
From the group of 10 we got in only 3 of us stayed , my self was about to quiet because of the mean and disrespectfoul lady in charge of us in training CARMEN. she do not have any pascient to train she hates if you ask her and she gets mad , she makes you feel really bad
And make negative comments at you constanly – more... , other coworkers told me their own experiences with her as well , I was used to be questioned from new employees on why is she the way she is that she just go over your shoulders and treat you like if you are a little kid ,
Was embarazing and sad to hear from every formal employee and new ones on how is she .horrible uncapable of training lady
All my co-workers in my group had quiet because of her
She gives you instructions on how to do something or tell you where to take an item or box than she contradicts her self saying why do u do whetever she told you to do
Because she had made a mistake and wants to take it at to you , so she don't get in trouble with supervisors .
I feel sorry for this company since they will be loosing alote of good employees because of her actions .
Really bad experience with this person
Carmen her name . – less
Very Professional with learning and advancement opportunities
Production Support Engineer (Former Employee), Millington, TNDecember 6, 2014
Pros: customer and employee balance with good learning opportunities
Good place to work and learn about the IT field. Good Management and friendly workplace. The best I have enjoyed my job anywhere.
Low pay, very rare opportunities for advancement
temporary warehouse worker (Former Employee), plainfield, IN, USANovember 17, 2014
Pros: no heavy lifting.
Cons: low pay and rare advance opportunities
I worked as temp picker. One temp worker waited 1 and half year to become FT hired. Even so, the pay is still barely above minimum wage. The management did not care about the broken microwave in the breakroom. It was an easy job with no rating per your hourly picking. I could sing a song without approval from management.
Very Productive workplace
Floor Lead / Operations Specialist (Current Employee), MemphisNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lean training
Cons: 12 hour work days
Wonderful place to work but the pay is very low for associates. I learned how to lead in a productive way, as well as, learning how to work with others in a supervisory role. The hardest part of the job was the mandatory overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro Inc. is the world’s largest technology distributor and a leading technology sales, marketing and logistics – Read more