Ingram Micro Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Largest Computer Distribution Company worldwide. It was a privilege to have been given the opportunities to work with such an institution.
Senior Credit Development Officer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2016
Pros: To be discussed.
Cons: To be discussed
- Typical day at work included in-depth credit and financial reviews.
- Client visits to senior executives/senior managers of clients.
- Setting of credit lines and arranging alternative forms of funding at senior levels.
great
Marketing Assistant (Co-op) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2016
work was great very positive people
great place to work
work was challenging
people had fun
do not have alot of time to sit and do nothing
Approachable supervisor, friendly staff and excellent team based attitude.
Data Entry/Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Opportunity to work on other softwares e.g SAP for accounting.
My typical day at work as an Accounts Payable Associate is printing, scanning, and indexing of invoices into the File.Net software. Through this job my keyboarding skills has improved to 60 wpm. The most enjoyable part of the job is a sense of accomplishment that I feel after completing the assigned task at the end of the day.
A very productive working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: work friendly atmosphere
Cons: too many contracts
Worked in several departments, finance-Accounting and Sales,reconcile various accounts using several business objects, macros, and advance excel which can be time crunching and business demanding.
bleh
L&D (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
pay is good. management is not. overall experience is fair. don't work here if you're not patient and cannot handle dominant personalities and constant change.
Nice working environment
Distribution Centre Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 14, 2016
Pros: Reasonable pay with direct deposite
Cons: Sometimes need to carry heavy boxes
Good working environment, helpful supervisors, learned a lot about order picking and packing using a RF scanner and working in a fast paced environment. Friendly colleagues and supervisors.
2 star, 1 star Life Balance, Salary, Benefits, Security, Management and Culture
Sales Support Representative II (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches, Dinners
Cons: Long Hours for Quarter Ends
Nice co-workers, friendly environment.

I learned how to multi-task to the max.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the vendor and customer interaction.

Hardest part was trying to fit in personal development admin work into a 8 hour day.

Typical day was reviewing e-mails, reporting and open orders.
Interaction with vendors, suppliers and customers to ensure ontime delivery and SLAS were met.
Good atmosphere with nice people.
Order Picker and Packager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
I worked in two different departments while I was there. The first one was tough as it started at 6:30am. Basically what we did everyday was packaging items to be shipped out to different retail stores. The job was easy, but very monotonous and repetitive, but someone has to do it, right? The second department was more relaxed as the work was less labour intensive and easier in general. I picked orders to be placed in boxes that were to be shipped out directly to the customers. Every now and then I would help out in different departments if they had a heavy day and we had a light day.
Ancient tools
Market Development Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Gym on site
Cons: Random weekends working.
Co-workers are amazing. Management is alright and they have a decent benefits package. Tools are ancient which is sad for an IT company.
Great community of workers.
Receiver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2015
Work was quick to pick up on... A lot of movement so no need for the gym :)

Ive learned lots working at Ingram. Training was a breeze.

Management COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. They have most things organized. They make up bullsh*t with no proof.

Co-worker are warm and welcoming.

Hardest part of the job is probably lifting very heavy products.

Most enjoyable the employees.
Fun and a great company to work for.
Inventory Clerk/Function tester (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 15, 2015
Ingram Micro is a great company to work for.I love my job and also my team.Each of us has a work stations and we share each others knowledge to accomplished the job.Management at work is great,they offered insurance,online courses and training in order for us to grow in our field of work.the enjoyable part of the job is to work with coworkers that are form my country,it is fun to work with people that speak the same language and share the same culture.For two years of working at Ingram Micro I have learned a lot of stuff from working for projects,dealing with the customers,and shipping and inventory.
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee), MissisaugaOctober 13, 2015
Area of work Accounting, budget, finance, assurance, treasury, reporting
fun work place with supportive management
Fast pace, completive business sector and constantly changing demands
Senior Manager of Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Variety of things to do, opportunity to develop new skills, latitude to be innovative and non-combative working environment
Cons: Competitive nature of the business, corporate objectives demand and job uncertainity.
In response to the expulsive growth of the computer and technology information (IT) industry beginning in the early 1990’s, the company grew rapidly. The competitive nature of the distribution business demanded constant changes in order to differentiate and take advantage of market share. The environment was challenging but also provided the opportunity personal development and career advancement. Management was very supportive of associate’s development through training and promotion.

Then came the decline in the computer and IT sector which lead to reduced profit margins, the need to outsource and lay-offs. Those of us who were fortunate to retain our jobs had the benefit to travel for work to train and develop associates in other regions and cultures.

Work/life balance was a major challenge, more so with the advent of laptop and cellphone, but I enjoyed every aspects of the job. I looked forward daily to the interaction with my colleagues and vendor representation to resolve issues. Although some of the trips were gruesome, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the cultural exchanges. The most fulfilling part of the job was training, coaching and mentoring: especially new hires, the outsource providers and co-op students.
It is a fun working at Ingram Micro
Associate (Current Employee), MississaugaJuly 8, 2015
Ingram micro has fast paced working Environment. I started in this company from Agency. After sometimes management hired me as part time permanent. I started to get benefits too. After that management accessed my work performance and hired me as permanent associate. As mentioned in my Resume I do order picker, billing, packaging, Inventary
Process Improvement and Team Work
Production Manager (Current Employee), BurlingtonMay 4, 2015
Pros: Building Structure, Ability to make changes
Cons: Long Hours, high demand
Ingram Micro has become an environment where process improvements are considered to be of the up most value to achieving success.
Co-workers are great to get along with and drive a successful team
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2015
proper training training provided
supportive managers and supervisors
supportive co workers
RF Scanners are user friendly
Productive and Fun workplace and Lots of Knowledge
Operation Specialist Configuration (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2015
Good Co-workers
Good Management
Technology Based Job as It Technician
Work with bank and many other customers
Learned a lot about It Field
Stressful, unqualified management
Account Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast, lunch however must attend training.
Cons: Long hours, not a professional environment, unqualified managers.
Ingram Micro is a very stressful place to work at and sales managers/executives are not qualified to manage the team well.

Sadly if the manager and director at Ingram Micro do not like you and it doesn't matter how well you perform, your days are numbered.

Sales manager need to be more professional and aware of their surroundings; instead of brushing the serious issue's under the rug.
Loud workplace with tense atmosphere
General Light Labor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: easy tasks
Cons: terrible management
All aspects of the job are typically what you would expect, except for management.

Allow me to preface this review by saying I had a part time, temporary position as a picker only. I received this job offer through a work agency.

They're pushy, commanding, and essentially terrible at their job.

Temp employees such as myself, wore nametags. These served no purpose, as management would literally snap their fingers and exclaim "HEY! I need you." to get your attention, followed by a come here motion without even making eye contact. Terrible communication as a whole.

I had taken the job as a picker only, but management demands that you fulfill other tasks as well, jobs not in your job description. Expect to do 4-5 other jobs around the warehouse as the management please, with no bonus compensation. All with the same aggressive demanding "HEY!"

Other
- Major intersection of Hurontario and Britannia West.

- Regular bus routes are close by. If you do take public transit, keep in mind the walking time from your stop. For me it was a good 10 minutes.

- For your lunch options, there's a Wendy's/Tim Hortons, and a Subway restaurant along Hurontario. Ingram Micro is far enough that even on your lunch break, you can only really eat at these places if you drive with a car.

- Parking spots seem to be ample.

- The majority of the lockers are located in the washrooms, which were all completely used by full time employees. Personal belongings such as watches and cellphones aren't allowed past the revolving door, so you'll load them in an envelope and give them to security to – more... hold. You can also put them in your car, if you have one.

- Absolutely zero free lockers for my own temp group meant storing our lunches in the communal fridge. I never really ate lunch or stored mine there, but there's a glaring risk of someone stealing your lunch, or worse, an allergy accident.

Overall
Normally I'm a patient person, but it's been tested when I worked there. Please, save yourself the headache and reconsider working for the management at Ingram Micro. – less
Huge company with nice people
Warehouse receiver-picker-packer-shipper (Former Employee), MISSISSAUGAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: lots of over time
get to work receive inventory and designate workers to specific areas of the warehouse.

assist and train workers with RF guns and warehouse systems
management very strict

co workers are very nice and we all helped one another to meet the quotas for the day.

having to mange workers in different parts of the warehouse is hard as if they need your help in 2 places you have to do one at a time while someone waits for you which slows down the produce.

seeing product that haven't yet come out to the market.
Headquarters