Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place and staff to work with.
RF scanner operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Co-operative staff.
Excellent environment.
Great experience and opportunities to learn new things.
A fast paced IT sales environment with excellent co-workers.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: lots of training and promotions for the employees
Cons: long hours and at times tight deadlines
Ingram Micro works with the vendors and sales reps to ensure employees are trained in many areas of the IT industry. Regular training sessions are part of your work week done either first thing in the morning or at lunchtime.

The job is very detailed oriented and requires great organization. Lots of perks for the sales reps.

As an Account Executive – more... you manage your own accounts, however, there is a team environment. Co workers are always happy to help which is invaluable in such a busy work day.

The challenge in this position is time management. There are service levels to be met for your customers and sometimes that can get hectic.

Despite being a very busy day, employees receive lots of extras from various vendors. As well you are trained on the latest in products (software and hardware). Lots of incentives.

A great bunch of people to work with.

Having worked at this company for 10 years, I learned a tremendous amount of product knowledge. – less
Leader in IT distribution
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 1, 2013
Relax environment
Majority employees are with the company for a long time
Fast-paced and productive; very busy environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 7, 2013
Picked orders using RF Scanner in order to arrange boxes for shipping. Packed and arranged boxes for shipment. Worked on a production line and maintained cleanliness of work environment. I learned how to use an RF Scanner and a list to pick orders at this job. I also learned to use a "popcorn machine" to fill boxes to ensure damage is not done to product. – more... Management was nice. Coworkers were fine, The hardest part was all the physical strain as you are constantly walking in steel-toed shoes. The best part was there was always something to do. – less
Fast pace work enviroment
Inventory Control Manager/ Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 10, 2013
a fast pace work environment great potential for advancement
a company that respects family values
Ingrammicro
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnApril 1, 2013
Company is excellent.
Co-workers are good.
Hardest part is when Microsoft announces our group is going to close.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga OnMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
This was a good job for young people.
Opportunities for growth are good.
A very , very fast paced environment
Order picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 11, 2012
Start by logging in on a R.F scanner. Use scanner to scan label on customers orders which then tells you where item is located and how much minutes you have to generate that order.

I learned that there was time to mess around at this job because at the end of the shift you had to give the reason why you took x amount of minutes to pick an order.

A – more... mixed feeling about co-workers. Did not work long enough to get to know each other very well. – less
Challenging and fast pace
Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: contract position
Pick and pack orders for customers. Fast paced warehouse environment.
Ingram Micro
Branch Support Rep (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: //
Cons: /
• Prepared and edited correspondence, invoices, reports etc
• Co-ordinated the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments and meetings.
• Established administrative systems for process efficiency; produces correspondence and documents.
• Set up and maintained database and tracking – more... systems
• Compiled data, statistics and other information to support sales activities
• Mentored new office staff in procedures and in use of software.
• Organized conferences – less
Fast paced environment within the IT industry
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: great meals provided during trainings
Cons: long hours, and no work life balance
On a daily basis, I entered orders on Impulse system, checked order placements against reserve inventory, and the Back Orders. I also awaited verification of discounts, and while there, I learned about the IT industry and various forms of technology.
I worked on a team; distributing Purchase orders throughout the team.
The hardest part of the job was – more... they did not promote and encourage a work-life balance, however the most enjoyable part of the job is how they motivated their staff with draws and recognition programs. – less
Excellent Work environment
Senior Software Engineer and Team Lead (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2014
Excellent work environment and friendly team mates.

Would love to work in this Organisation if I get chance.
Thriving company with wonderful people
Support Representative I (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYApril 7, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: low pay for entry level positions
This is the best job I've ever had, the only reason I'm leaving is because I'm moving to Jacksonville and they don't have a location there. The environment is very friendly and inviting. They make you feel important and apart of the team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that you get to work alone and on your own goals but still have opportunities – more... for team work. This is my first office job so it taught me a lot about computer software and IT Distribution. A typical day at work would consist of me processing orders, answering customer and reseller phone calls. Problem solving. Data reporting, product quoting and training other members on my team and sometimes training new hires. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the technical lingo but once you get it down you're good to go. – less
Over seeing releasing and printing of the daily orders
Ops Coordinator (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 7, 2014
Pros: i like the chanllage
Cons: not enough money
I come in a hour earlier to work to prep orders so the staff can process on there arrival
A great enviroment to work in and you learn differnt aspects of the organization everyday.
Data Capturer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPApril 3, 2014
Pros: leaving an hour earlier, when all tasks are completed.
Cons: making unintended errors.
Each day at work was fun and i would look forward to it but it had its challenges when it came to meeting deadlines and knocking late.
I learned how to file, process invoices, balance-off accounts and that through determination and hard work each task assigned to you becomes fun.
Management ensured each department was productive and that we reached – more... our goals and also encouraged co-workers to work harder but mostly they were friendly and did not undermine nor be bias towards any employee.
Co-workers were relaxed, accommodating and we assisted each other in ensuring we meet the required end results expected of us.
The hardest part of the job was making errors, as i would have to redo everything again but it served as a guideline for future tasks to be completed, as i would not repeat the same mistakes again.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being appraised by my employee for excelling in my job and being on time when it came to deadlines and also having to be taught more tasks to do than the ones expected of a data capture. – less
Always steady work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 1, 2014
Unlike other temp agencies Remedy always has steady work for those in between careers.
Great place to work.
Commodity Manager/Seasonal Assoc (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 1, 2014
Great place to work. Management is great. The only problem is that Ingram has a lot of lay offs.
loader and unloader
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee), carrollton, txMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: shortening of hours
 Load and unload trucks
 Check the freight for damages as I unload it
 Count and log the freight
 I also use an RF scanner
 I also operate, the forklift
 Cherry Picker
 Dock Stocker
 Pallet Jack
 Reach Lift
Highly recommend if you like constant change
Program Manager - Business Operations (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: a constantly evolving workplace and career
High production, engaged environment and workers. Upper management is harried but listens. Middle management is hit and miss by department although the Sales and Operations staff is top notch.
Great Team to be a part of.
Forklift Operator/Certification Instructor (Current Employee), Mira Loma, CAMarch 13, 2014
I have great mentors and have been able to develop many valuable job skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro Inc. is the world’s largest technology distributor and a leading technology sales, marketing and logistics – Read more