Ingram Micro Employee Reviews in Canada

Large Global company with a very structured working environment.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 1, 2016
Large global company competing in a very competitive distribution environment. Very P&L focused with weekly reviews on performance vs plan. Recent global re-structuring has lost focus in some of the key strategic pillars of growth. Company was just purchased by a large Chinese company.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Week country Leadership.
Largest Computer Distribution Company worldwide. It was a privilege to have been given the opportunities to work with such an institution.
Senior Credit Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2016
- Typical day at work included in-depth credit and financial reviews.
- Client visits to senior executives/senior managers of clients.
- Setting of credit lines and arranging alternative forms of funding at senior levels.
Pros
To be discussed.
Cons
To be discussed
Good overall company to work for
Market development specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 14, 2016
Good company to work for if you are in the right department and working for the right manager. Too much micro management and lack of training. Some managers are better than others. I wish they all had similar style of training and work ethics.
Pros
More than 3 week vacation to begin with
Cons
Bad management
Approachable supervisor, friendly staff and excellent team based attitude.
Data Entry/Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
My typical day at work as an Accounts Payable Associate is printing, scanning, and indexing of invoices into the File.Net software. Through this job my keyboarding skills has improved to 60 wpm. The most enjoyable part of the job is a sense of accomplishment that I feel after completing the assigned task at the end of the day.
Pros
Opportunity to work on other softwares e.g SAP for accounting.
2 star, 1 star Life Balance, Salary, Benefits, Security, Management and Culture
Sales Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Nice co-workers, friendly environment.

I learned how to multi-task to the max.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the vendor and customer interaction.

Hardest part was trying to fit in personal development admin work into a 8 hour day.

Typical day was reviewing e-mails, reporting and open orders.
Interaction with vendors, suppliers and customers to ensure ontime delivery and SLAS were met.
Pros
Free Lunches, Dinners
Cons
Long Hours for Quarter Ends
Good atmosphere with nice people.
Order Picker and Packager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
I worked in two different departments while I was there. The first one was tough as it started at 6:30am. Basically what we did everyday was packaging items to be shipped out to different retail stores. The job was easy, but very monotonous and repetitive, but someone has to do it, right? The second department was more relaxed as the work was less labour intensive and easier in general. I picked orders to be placed in boxes that were to be shipped out directly to the customers. Every now and then I would help out in different departments if they had a heavy day and we had a light day.
Nice working environment
Distribution Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 14, 2016
Good working environment, helpful supervisors, learned a lot about order picking and packing using a RF scanner and working in a fast paced environment. Friendly colleagues and supervisors.
Pros
Reasonable pay with direct deposite
Cons
Sometimes need to carry heavy boxes
A very productive working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Worked in several departments, finance-Accounting and Sales,reconcile various accounts using several business objects, macros, and advance excel which can be time crunching and business demanding.
Pros
work friendly atmosphere
Cons
too many contracts
Productive fun workplace.
LTL Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 16, 2016
Innovation logistics distribution warehouse. Fast-paced busy everyday. The co-workers is friendly and working with team work. The management are very strict.
Cons
Sometime very long hours.
great
Marketing Assistant (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2016
work was great very positive people
great place to work
work was challenging
people had fun
do not have alot of time to sit and do nothing
Fun and a great company to work for.
Inventory Clerk/Function tester (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 15, 2015
Ingram Micro is a great company to work for.I love my job and also my team.Each of us has a work stations and we share each others knowledge to accomplished the job.Management at work is great,they offered insurance,online courses and training in order for us to grow in our field of work.the enjoyable part of the job is to work with coworkers that are form my country,it is fun to work with people that speak the same language and share the same culture.For two years of working at Ingram Micro I have learned a lot of stuff from working for projects,dealing with the customers,and shipping and inventory.
Great community of workers.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2015
Work was quick to pick up on... A lot of movement so no need for the gym :)

Ive learned lots working at Ingram. Training was a breeze.

Management COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. They have most things organized. They make up bullsh*t with no proof.

Co-worker are warm and welcoming.

Hardest part of the job is probably lifting very heavy products.

Most enjoyable the employees.
bleh
L&D (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
pay is good. management is not. overall experience is fair. don't work here if you're not patient and cannot handle dominant personalities and constant change.
Ancient tools
Market Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
Co-workers are amazing. Management is alright and they have a decent benefits package. Tools are ancient which is sad for an IT company.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Random weekends working.
It is a fun working at Ingram Micro
Associate (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 8, 2015
Ingram micro has fast paced working Environment. I started in this company from Agency. After sometimes management hired me as part time permanent. I started to get benefits too. After that management accessed my work performance and hired me as permanent associate. As mentioned in my Resume I do order picker, billing, packaging, Inventary
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  MissisaugaOctober 13, 2015
Area of work Accounting, budget, finance, assurance, treasury, reporting
fun work place with supportive management
Stressful, unqualified management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 7, 2015
Ingram Micro is a very stressful place to work at and sales managers/executives are not qualified to manage the team well.

Sadly if the manager and director at Ingram Micro do not like you and it doesn't matter how well you perform, your days are numbered.

Sales manager need to be more professional and aware of their surroundings; instead of brushing the serious issue's under the rug.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch however must attend training.
Cons
Long hours, not a professional environment, unqualified managers.
Huge company with nice people
Warehouse receiver-picker-packer-shipper (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGAMarch 1, 2015
get to work receive inventory and designate workers to specific areas of the warehouse.

assist and train workers with RF guns and warehouse systems
management very strict

co workers are very nice and we all helped one another to meet the quotas for the day.

having to mange workers in different parts of the warehouse is hard as if they need your help in 2 places you have to do one at a time while someone waits for you which slows down the produce.

seeing product that haven't yet come out to the market.
Pros
lots of over time
Process Improvement and Team Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  BurlingtonMay 4, 2015
Ingram Micro has become an environment where process improvements are considered to be of the up most value to achieving success.
Co-workers are great to get along with and drive a successful team
Pros
Building Structure, Ability to make changes
Cons
Long Hours, high demand
Productive and Fun workplace and Lots of Knowledge
Operation Specialist Configuration (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2015
Good Co-workers
Good Management
Technology Based Job as It Technician
Work with bank and many other customers
Learned a lot about It Field