ING Employee Reviews

Call center
Financial Adviser - Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2017
Typical day at work is to answer the phone and burn your self out . And once they sucked all you brain energy they kick you out and find someone else .
There were substantial changes afoot...
Auto and Property Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2017
ING was a wonderful company to work at. We had structure to our workday, but also had the freedom to take care of things as they came about in a secure and judgment-free manner.
I loved the atmosphere among my co-workers and the management was fair and supportive.
I felt we, as adjusters and management were able to truly take good care of all of our clients with confidence and care.
Unfortunately, ING was bought out by another company and it was at that time that the overall atmosphere began to change.
We became stressed and management changed because of the stress as well.
I truly miss what we had before the buy-out.
Pros
ING had an excellent work atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes lack of time to take of each claim with more care
ING is a bank, that's not a bank :)
Senior Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
AMAZING place to work. Work-life balance is great! I built their Intranet (on-boarding) website and their customer facing Banking website. 100% recommend them! It's like one big happy family.
Pros
Open door policy. If I needed to talk to a VP - I just walked in the door.
Cons
A bit hard to get to in North York.
Sales and marketing
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Ernakulam1 May 2017
Here my job includes,

Finding out the potential customers.
Make them aware about the products of bank such as accounts,loans, credit cards etc, and let them choose the better product.
Follow up the customers.
KYC verification
Productive, friendly and ongoing
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
starts with scrum call and engages busy through out with iterations, follows agile methodology, fast phased and client service oriented, people are good, helps each other
Pros
free passes, coupons, gift card
Cons
Great company to work for
Supervisor Claims Clerical (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
A great place to work. Benefits are excellent, education, bonuses and retirement packages are excellent.

Room for growth within the companu.
Results oriented company
Senior Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB / Amherst, NS4 June 2016
Worked for Guardian Insurance for twenty years. Nothing derogatory to say about company. Subsequently purchased by ING (an international conglomerate). Totally results oriented with no significant regard for employee satisfaction.
Pros
Renumeration
Cons
Constant change re: market environment
fun place to work
Auto Physical Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2016
Fun place to work for
A typical day regular day 9 to 5
Management was fine
Co-workers was great
The hardest part of the job was not satisfying every customer
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting a pay check.
Insurance and Financial services
Office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
hard working coworkers, working independently, support from management, growth within the company, share of knowledge technology savvy, forward thinking, customer focus, customer retention
Pros
great working environment
Cons
lower pay scale
flexible balance between work and personal life
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2015
enjoyed working with other contractors and learning their trades; coupled with my years in the field, I was able to perform my duties and responsibilities with ease and confidence.
Pros
able to work independently
Cons
company was folding
Fun
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2015
Working for ING Direct Bank was fun. It was still in the early stages of the bank history in Canada. During my time there, the company was just initiating changes to their business model. Overall, my experience there great.
Big company with lot of chanlenges
Architect - FrontEnd Expert (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, SK17 June 2015
Every day is different in such big company. There is always a new challenges and many growing opportunities. Great coworkers, with lots of really good people
Fun place to work, but management and salary not so good
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2015
Been working here for 7 years. Sabbatical at 10 years is great, but advancement and management here are sneaky and secretive. If you are new coming in, you might enjoy the environment and atomosphere, but it gets old after a while. I will admit though, it is pretty flexible working here. Salary sucks though.
Job
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  edmotnon8 April 2015
This was not the industry for me. Great group of people to work for and with. Lots of good times at work and outside of work with workers.
l'aspect le plus agréable de votre poste
Agent service à la clientèle + experte en sinistre (Former Employee) –  Lanaudière11 February 2015
Tout le travail à accomplir était agréable
Esprit d'équipe, entre aide
Contact avec les clients
Bonne communication avec les employé(e)s et supérieur
Horaire
Pros
Soutien & support de nos supérieurs et technicien(ne)s - Emplacement
Cons
Salaire (expert en sinistre)
Interesting place to work
Telecommunications support analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2014
A typical day is troubleshooting problems. Writing code. Nice environment to work.
Nice place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2014
Work was good , not too much pressure

Great learning experience
Self-lead projects and a strong company culture
Retail Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2014
A typical day at work consists of dealing with communication with the progress of self-lead projects and also coordinating meetings with community partners. Since it is a retail space dealing with customers when they come is a must. Providing an excellent experience backed with a breadth of financial knowledge is also key.

Management is non-hierarchal. Decisions are usually made autonomously with a group consensus.

Co-workers were great. Everyone worked together in order to help each other grow and succeed on projects. There is open collaboration and a lot of trust placed on the individual.

The hardest part of the job was when it was RSP season. Even then it wasn't that difficult. What this job requires is a creative mind-set, and the drive to pursue your own projects to the fullest extent. Hard-work is a huge factor for success.

The most enjoyable part of the job is coming into work. Everyday is a new day and with a small team, you are always learning from each other. There is a lot of sharing of information and articles as the job requires one to be up to date on certain trends. There is also a requirement to be on top of your social media knowledge. You won't have a bad day of work... ever.
Amazing people, love the culture, and great lounge area!
CONTACT CENTRE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On24 March 2014
A typical day at ING direct would be like going to a get together with friends. You see people you haven't seen in awhile and catch up, then go back and continue your work.
I have definitely learned a lot by working there, such as the banking procedures and policies. It's a great place to learn how to deal with different types of clients on the phone under high pressure.
Management wasn't too bad, some were great, some were mediocre!
My co-workers were awesome, but the turn around is getting higher.
The hardest part of the job is just dealing with irate clients on the phones, but the most enjoyable part of the job is you meet some of the coolest people.
Pros
Monthly incentive prizes, free lunches, cool lounge area, and free snacks!
Cons
shifts can be inconsistent, and some of the tasks can be really repetitive.
Environnement de centre d'appels
Agent de liaison (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2014
Le travail est répétitif. Dépendament du temps de l'année, tu peux faire des cold calls 40 heures par semaine.

Le travail n'est pas très compliqué.

Les résultats sont affiché tout les matins sur un tableau. Un envirronement compétitif.
Pros
Environnement de bureau tranquille
Cons
Cold call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING. Our community is ready to answer.