ING Financial Services

ING Financial Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 25, 2013
Customer Service representative. I answered the phones and answered customers questions and inputed their investments.
Great Bank
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 19, 2013
Pros: everything is free
Cons: not enough atm's
The fact that it's completely free and that even their checking account has an interest rate says it all
Challenging
SELF-EMPLOYED FINANCIAL ADVISER (Former Employee), Katowice, SLJuly 5, 2013
Typical day at work: usually lasts 8-10hours (but depends on your clients), includes: calling, mailing, meeting new clients and servicing ING Group customers (insurance, mortgage, banking, investments etc)
What you learned: interpersonal skills, analyzing, time managing
Managemenent: demanding but helpful
Co-workers: hard-working financial specialists
The – more... hardest part: cold calling to sell insurance, polish costs of being self-employed
The most enjoyable part: meeting people, gaining financial knowledge – less
Hell on earth Call center
PSA (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJune 27, 2013
Pros: you can get insurance being part time
Cons: unprofessional, micro manage, poor training, unethical behavior, hr is not local
This call center is run by two ghetto fabulous women that are loud and unprofessional. If the top is ghetto imagine how the entire call center is run. Training is a joke because the majority of the computers don't work. The training is ridiculous but easy to pass because the answers to the test are easy to find if you take the time too look. All tests – more... and quizzes are on line and my class didn't learn anything but found the answers. This company does not care about quality only quantity. You can even get away with sexual harassment with good ole ING. When a manager does not like you, you are talked about on the smoke deck and they will not hesitate to micromanage you and have other managers watching your every move until they find something. I have 25 years in call center experience and this company by far is the WORST EVER. Unless you are just desperate for a job I ADVISE YOU NOT TO TAKE THIS ONE PLEASE! I enjoyed talking to the people but managers and coworkers suck especially if you are used to being professional. The profanity is widespread and rampant on all levels. This is the HOOD of all call centers! If you have a problem it will not be handled locally because HR is in another state and they honestly don't know what they are doing. If you report what you see you become a target and anyone associated with you becomes one as well. Only hood rats need apply! – less
Excellent work environment
International Equities Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2013
Excellent work environment, very hard working and motivated employees.
Very challengable work to learn new stuff
QA Tester (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 27, 2013
Very friendly and tough job. had to learn many things in one day. Learn some great lesson for future positon.
Worked with Good & knowledgeable team
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 10, 2013
ING gave me nice platform for me as a fresh. I really appreciate manager who I worked with.
Good Management
Employee 2 (Former Employee), Pheonix, AZJune 5, 2013
My department has great management - Every other department management was horrible. It takes forever to get things done and there is no job security. CEOs do road shows and visit the sites but no one cares, no one is invested in the company.
Typical corporate financial services firm.
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2013
Performed detailed financial analysis for the Settlements division including: month vs. month and budget vs. actual analyses, variance commentary and spending recommendations. In addition, prepared the annual budgets, MTP and rolling monthly forecasts for Settlements.
Typical corporate financial services firm.
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2013
Professionals with excellent reputation in financial services
Multimedia Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: b2b business model
Great place to work. People are kind and caring, promote from within, and really look to help their client prepare for retirement.
Great workplace, left when Capital One purchased it.
Admin (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 8, 2013
Pros: had fun events like odog and release parties.
Cons: opportunities seemed to be biased towards men.
All departments are different. If you're in Customer service or IT - expect A LOT of work to be done...all the time. The other departments are more relaxed. Management is also a mix, some great managers are there, others...not good at all. The culture of ING was fabulous, family-like environment. Just like anywhere else - definitely a strong good ol' – more... boys system in place. – less
The best culture a company can have. Great associate moral.
Personal Sales Banker (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 2, 2013
Pros: the culture and atmosphere
Cons: the job itself is answering the phone
This was always a great atmosphere to work in. The company culture grows so much you will never leave it even if you leave. The break and meal times had fun and interactive activities along with a great break room.
Fun Young Work Atmosphere
Investment Advisor Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2013
Great place to earn a lot of money helping people with a fun young crowd
Work/Life Balance was not good.
Senior Data Movement Engineer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2013
My team members and direct manager were awesome, but we had experienced so many lay offs that we were a bare bones team. Never any money for training.
Workplace was interesting with life experience of helping others through life's changes.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAApril 10, 2013
Premarket opening comments from World Events read---
Appointments prescheduled with advanced prep for meeting-

Worked with coworkers to manage time, meetings, and money.

Making sense of the markets for clients-
Helping others become financially stable by learning to
live within their means.
Enjoyable Clerical and Data Entry Work Environment
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 9, 2013
Cons: never had schedule what department was going to be in
I would walk into the office and either be sorting mail or typing in from scanned images into the computer. I learned different types of insurance forms.
Great People
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2013
Great place until capital one bought us. Closed down the Los Angeles operations
Registered Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2013
ING is a great place to work. I learned so much that I will take with me wherever I go.
Fast paced work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMarch 27, 2013
Pros: fun environment, pay
Cons: very busy, repetitive
ING Direct really values its culture. The job has a high focus on sales but there are great opportunities for promotion. Every day you have to answer incoming phone calls and assist the customer and at the same time try to sell them a bank product.

About ING Financial Services

ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly – Read more