Intermediate Java Web Developer – Toronto
Infusion offers incredible career experiences from your first day on the job. Our project teams build software from the ground up and you will get the opportunity to work with emerging technologies, use innovative techniques and learn industry-leading best practices. Our strong culture is only enhanced by our friendly and enthusiastic team members that are passionate about what they do. Perhaps one of our greatest strengths is our presence in so many different areas, from financial services to hospitality and tourism as well as retail… the list goes on. We are looking for a number of motivated professionals at the moment, so please do not hesitate to contact us!
Infusion has been working as onsite experts at many of the largest investment banks in Midtown and Wall Street since 1998. We have built a wide range of systems ranging from FX and Risk Management to Credit and Equities. We are currently building a team out of our Toronto office to work remotely for one of our investment bank clients. The Intermediate Java Developers for this role is expected to have an understanding of the internal workings of Java, databases, and machines to come up with very optimized risk reporting and trading solutions. In general, candidates for this role must have knowledge of building software from the ground-up rather than utilizing pre-build software packages.
- Design and develop capital markets trading systems and platforms as part of an effort to build new strategic systems using the latest .NET and Java technologies.
- Established record of participating in various stages of the software development life cycle in varying degrees ensuring the timely delivery of state-of-the-art information software for clients.
- Work face-to-face with clients to identify requirements, create architecture, and implement innovative solutions.
- Build critical components and enhancements to our client’s current front-office and back-end applications.
- Deliver critical projects and components for one or more of our Fortune 500 clients.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
- Strong Java design, development, and UI development skills specifically in Core Java, JSP, Struts, and Google Web Toolkit as well as solid foundations in at least one commercial DBMS (SQL, Oracle, DB2, etc).
- Knowledge of multithreading environment and how to write simple web servers.
- Exposure to or knowledge of Hibernate, XML, and XSD – a plus.
- Ability to work independently or in a small team setting.
- General knowledge of Microsoft technologies and experience in Financial Services is an asset for this role.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary.
If this sounds like something you would be suited to, please apply on our careers website at