Infrastructure Ontario Employee Reviews in Canada

Interesting public infrastructure projects, but limited career growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2015
Work/life balance is quite good. Most workers are able to work from home using their own home computer and sign onto the secure online network. There are several large-scale public infrastructure projects that can be very interesting to work on as part of a large team of multi-disciplinary professionals, such as land use planners, environmental specialists, heritage specialists, commercial transaction analysts, legal counsel, construction project managers, property management, and so on. Some of the difficulties include reporting requirements back to government, dealing with political issues, limited government funding and one of the top concerns among workers is the freeze on salaries. There is a 2% annual increase for staff earning less than $100k, but a total freeze for those making over that.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Pay freeze, limited career growth
Team players in a friendly Environment
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
Friendly working environment.
Understanding and accommodating management.
Co-workers working as team players.
Keeping up with latest software.
Satisfaction of seeing results
Pros
Training
Cons
Midnight working
Not the best place to be in... regardless of its location
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
I spent almost 2 years in this company and my personal opinion is this is not the company you would like to stay... Though staff and people mostly nice however management it is totally different story...
If you have your own opinion you will find yourself out. If you are not the best friend of your boss and don't laugh when he laughs - you don't belong to this place. If you you don't like a baseball and you boos does... you don't belong to this place...
Too sad and it was a waist of my time being in this organisation. I would stay away from this place
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor management, no job security - you can be thrown out in 1 minute.
Good place to work.
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I enjoyed working on huge range of construction projects in the Province of Ontario. The environment at the company was fast paced and dynamic.
Weak management, toxic workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
Unfairness all around including hiring and promotions
Favoritism
Discrimination
Lack of respect, responsibility, accountability, people management skills
Not supportive
Does not develop employees
Don't care attitude
Cons
poor management and many more
My Days At Infrastructure Ontario
General Labourer, Welder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2015
i Enjoyed working at Infrastucture , I learned a lot from just the year i was there. this job was a contract job that only lasted a year but was a good job
Friendly and cooperative with fun work place.
Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONDecember 13, 2012
A/P job such as, Coded,batched,matched,entered and posted invoices in SAP as well as in GP accounting software.
A/R job such as, Reviewed customer account, make collection call, prepared customer statement.

Good and friendly environment kept me enthusiastic, energetic and confident to update my knowledge and experience by using new accounting software SAP and GP.

My A/P Coordinator and Controller were very cooperative which allows me to work without stress. It is only workout when management is perfect.

Co-workers were knowledgeable, friendly as well as always eager to guide me whenever I need help.

No matter the job, there are bond to be an easy and hard part. What I 'm interested in are the hard parts. For me hard part was to work on demanding and huge, but my wish to work on it, accounting software. I enjoy while working and learning those software.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to use my knowledge and experience, to create social network, to work with different industry, keep me current as well as confident for future.
Fast paced and forward thinking oragnization
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014