Position Title: E-Learning Product Development Assistant
Position Reports to: Product Development Coordinator
Infinite Skills is a video training publisher, founded with the goal of providing high quality computer based training. We create video tutorials on a wide variety of software applications, as well as programming languages and IT certifications.
We have offices in North America and distribution facilities around the world, and are a leading provider of software training solutionsfor the consumer market. We are a growing company with many opportunities, and are continually pushing the boundaries of eLearning and interactive education. Since we started creating our own software training courses in 2010, we have published over 200 individual courses ranging from mainstream programs such as Adobe Photoshop, to niche training such as Revit, Maya and emerging Web technologies.
Infinite Skills continue to innovate and lead the market in new technology and training techniques, and will continue to do so for many years to come!
A successful applicant for this position is highly organized and can demonstrate fluency in both spoken and written English. He or She is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under the direction of the Product Development Coordinator, but capable of working independently without constant supervision. He or She has a strong grasp of technology, is ambitious, and will seek out opportunities to learn new technologies and/or software in order to grow within the company.
As the E-Learning Product Development Assistant you will work closely with the Project Development Coordinator to organize and manage project files, in addition to scheduling and reporting on critical milestones for active content development. You will participate in Quality Control (QA) of content submitted from authors, and work to support the efforts of the Product Development Coordinator in allaspects of their daily tasks.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team; under pressure of competing deadlines and with frequent interruptions; working from own initiative and/or following direction, policies, or procedures.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that support the effective exchange of ideas.
· Keen attention to detail, well organized and capable of focusing for extended periods of time.
· Results-oriented while maintaining a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality outcomes.
· Can fluently read, write, and speak English. Second and third language capabilities beneficial.
· Must be capable of being productive in fast-paced environments.
Key Position Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Product Development Coordinator with all aspects of managing authors and editors for the purpose of the creationof video training courses.
2. Perform QA on training materials based on company defined standards and guidelines.
3. Maintain records on course status and movie status throughout the entire project lifetime using Google Docs.
4. Organize and distribute content for editing and QAvia Dropbox
5. Prioritize workflow for editors and QA.
6. Prepare course materials for release and distribution.
7. Other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned to the employee.
Key Position Requirements:
1. High level of competence and comfort working with the Internet and Internet technologies.
2. Computer Skills:
a. Mandatory: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Mac OS X, Google Chrome, Dropbox, Google Docs
b. Preferred: Premiere,Photoshop,Soundbooth, Audition
3. Must be capable of learning new computer programs/applications quickly
4. Must demonstrate strong knowledge of English spelling, and grammar.
5. Must be able to perform position responsibilities in a professional office environment in Oakville, Ontario