InField Marketing Group Employee Reviews

Fun but not enough stability
Promotion Representative (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario21 January 2015
Working for Infield Marketing Group is fun. They offer fun jobs for social and interactive people, however the work is not steady enough. I enjoy the aspect of interacting individually with people and the pay is better then your average part time job. I also enjoy that you can create your own schedule and availability. As someone with many part time jobs, taking a few shifts a month to make some extra money is always good - if the shifts are available.
Promotional Representaive
Promotional Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2014
I found this work to be enjoyable and gave me independance. The company allowed me to interact with customers and the staff were friendly. I was able to control my time and the work was fun
Pros
Independent
Cons
no breaks at the time
Law Suit looking for a place to happen! (AKA Infield Marketing)
Former Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg4 October 2013
Beware of this company !!!, seriously !!! ... This company use to be known as 'Infield Marketing' and does not have a good reputation for being fair. They treated me extremely poorly and ripped me off!

Influence Marketing expects all reps to take full legal responsibility while being told to listen and follow the instructions of their Field Manager, under normal circumstances such would be understandable; however, when the Field Manager orders the Brand Ambassadors to lie when reporting their hours and making up false locations never visited is just wrong, especially when the Client of the brand being represented is watching!

This company misreported on purpose to me the realistic hours that I would be working as part of my agreed employment. Just under 40 hours at $18.00 for a few weeks is not the same as 1 - 2 hours per day per shift being paid by hour and not as a contractor charging a standard agreed fee.

The 'executive' in charge of accounts is truly clueless on the basics of Branding and what is required for basic field and guerrilla marketing campaigns.

All reps are required to sign a contract, but are treated like direct employees being micro managed and orders to take their chances on entering private properties for the purpose of commercial advertisements / promotions then told the client being promoted had authorized Brand Ambassadors to be on said properties unauthorized, with absolutely zero backup if things go wrong.

A standard street team operates on guess what... the streets... but being ordered to enter shopping malls without permission
  more... is just going to get the Brand Ambassadors barred and or escorted off the Malls property... Security patrols every 20 to 30 minutes and that is not including loss prevention officers walking around and reporting back to security. Keep in mind that Brand Ambassadors are wearing branded uniforms, handing out freebies, and typically drawing a lot of attention. (not a guerrilla marketing campaign)

The best thing to do with this company when handed a contract is to rip it up, trust me it's not worth the paper it is written on. Save your time and effort for a professional marketing company that appreciates the fundamentals of marketing. You might be missing a legitimate opportunity!

Best of luck, protect yourself !!!
Pros
obvious incompetence
Cons
zeo ability to fulfill legal obligations to clients being promoted within the field.
dont work here
promo rep (Former Employee) –  toronto24 May 2013
management is awful, such a lack of communication
they have so many reps they really dont care about how you are treated or whether or not you are paid
Infield
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2013
Good position, just budget was cut, and head office was closed in terms of promotional opportunities.
Pros
independence
Cons
8 hours a week