Established as a crown corporation in 2004 to oversee and expand BC’s industry training and apprenticeship system, ITA works with industry and employers, trainees and apprentices, labour unions and training providers to meet industry’s current and future training needs.
Our success depends on a strong team of about 60 skilled and passionate people dedicated to making a difference. Attracting and investing in outstanding talent, ITA is a customer-service focused organization with deep provincial reach and broad national influence.
We strive to keep our employees challenged, support them with professional development, and recognize and reward their contributions.
For an additional view into our world, please visit our website: http://www.itabc.ca
ABOUT THE POSITION
ITA is seeking 2 Customer Service Representative's (1 full-time until March 31, 2014, & 1 part-time until March 31, 2014), with the possibility of becoming permanent. The part-time employee will work 18.75 hours per week, approximately 10am-2pm. Reporting directly to the Manager, Quality Service, this position will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer service experience for ITA's stakeholders.
- Respond to inquiries from apprentices, trainees, sponsors, training providers and other stakeholders to provide information, update training records, and resolve errors or omissions in training records.
- Enter and maintain training records.
- Achieve and maintain established service levels, goals and objectives.
- Schedule exams.
- Exam Packaging and Distribution.
- Provide general administrative support services.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned by Manager, Quality Service.
- Previous experience in adult training would be advantageous as would experience with apprenticeship registry applications.
- Proficient experience with MS Office programs and the internet is required.
- Excellent command of the English language is required; knowledge of a second language is an asset.
- The ability to use computer applications to enter and retrieve data accurately and code, process, store, track and retrieve records and information efficiently is necessary.
- The ability to work with clients from diverse backgrounds in a courteous, professional, and confidential manner is necessary.
- The ability to quickly and effectively recognize a problem, determine the cause, take appropriate action and follow-up is necessary
- Strong competencies are required in the following areas:
- A combination of education and/or sufficient experience is necessary to perform all aspects of the position successfully.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
- Relationship Building: Strong aptitude for building and maintaining relationships.
- Teamwork and co-operation: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions.
- Multi-tasking: The ability to process information quickly and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded to new information, changes focus quickly as demands change, and manages transitions from task to task effectively, and adapts to varying customer needs.
- Communication: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Excellent conflict resolution skills are required.
- Problem Solving and Analysis: Processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and creatively resolves situations.
- Attention to Detail: Careful with detail and accuracy, ensuring quality standards are met. Operates within organizational policies and procedures.
- Financial Acumen: Make decisions which increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
Salary Commensurate with experience. The ITA offers a shorter work week with 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week. As a casual employee you will receive 4% in lieu of vacation. We are a fun group of people, with staff potlucks, summer and winter events, and an overall friendly office environment. You will also have access to our gym!
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you! Submit your covering letter and resume by November 29th by email. Be sure to include your name, whether you are interested in full-time or part-time, and "Customer Service Representative" in the subject line, or your application may not reach the appropriate person.