Industrious Nature Technologies is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial firm that has developed a sustainable solution for the global problem of food waste, applying its proprietary bioconversion process to convert waste food into high value bulk ingredients for animal feed and natural fertilizer products. The company is commissioning its first plant in Canada, and is focused on plant expansion in Canada and the US.
Industrious Nature is building out its implementation team, and is looking for an Office Manager to take on responsibility for day-to-day management of all transactional aspects of accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, and office administration to support the company’s growth. The position is a key resource for the CEO, and requires a self-starter who is accountable, able to adapt quickly to change, problem solve, and develop the systems and tools required by a growing company.
Accounting, Bookkeeping & Payroll
- Manage the company’s accounting and bookkeeping systems and prepare draft financial statements and SR&ED claims for review by auditor
- Process all accounts payable, including setting up POs; coding, verifying and posting vendor invoices; preparing cheques and wire transfers
- Process all accounts receivable, including preparing invoices, recording revenue, and collections
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank statements, expense reports, and petty cash
- Manage and report on cash flow, company bank accounts, budget vs. actual expenditures on a monthly basis
- Prepare bank deposits
- Prepare monthly payroll for Canadian employees:
o Review timesheets
o Process monthly payroll, including hourly and salaried employees, special bonuses and incentives and executing special pay runs as necessary
o Utilize Ceridian for payroll transactions and reconciliation
o Respond to payroll-related inquiries from staff
- Prepare government remittances including WCB, GST / HST
- Prepare T4s, ROEs, and other employment documentation
- Other accounting duties as required
- Establish office standards and procedures
- Manage office equipment vendors (i.e. Photocopiers, maintenance, office furniture, etc).
- Manage outsourced IT provider
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
- Maintain and replenish office inventory
- Administer the company’s benefits plan
- Manage office telephone system and cell phones, and monitor cell phone packages, consolidating minutes and packages as required
- Orient new employees regarding office procedures, IT and telephone systems
- Assist in the management of building security, such as the assignment of keys and alarm codes for approved personnel
- Work with landlord’s property manager to ensure building maintenance is current
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Commerce with accounting major, CA or CGA level 3, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a related role; the ideal candidate has experience working in a small entrepreneurial company that is growing rapidly; comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Strong understanding of accounting and bookkeeping methods for small business
- Proficient with Quickbooks, Simply Accounting and Ceridian or similar packages
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of payroll rules and related filing requirements
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail – gets it “right”
- Ability to wear multiple hats, multi-task, and manage competing priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – listens and understands, able to effectively share ideas and build buy-in
- Ability to work well independently while ensuring that work is coordinated with the rest of the team
- Takes initiative – results oriented and likes to get things done !
- Effective problem-solving skills – ability to accurately assess problems, identify and implement solutions
- Excellent time management and priority setting skills
- Self-motivated – brings a positive “can do” attitude
Please visit our website at www.in-nature.com.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Industrious Nature converts food waste into high-value protein, oil, and natural fertilizer products that are used as ingredients for food...