Industrielle Alliance

Industrielle Alliance Employee Reviews

Repetitive and monotonous job
Medical claim's analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2016
The work itself was very repetitive and yet demanding. Management was too demanding in regards to what we should know. On the plus side,co-workers were a joy to work with and the hours were flexible, which alleviated some stress. Also the benefits were great.
Pros
flexible hours, many benefits
Cons
High expectations from management
Not for everyone
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2016
its always great to work in an office with diversity. everyone is friendly and motivated to achieve more and succeed. an industry leader truly and fast paced.
Pros
your own hours decided by you
Cons
unstable commission
Learning and Productive
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC25 August 2016
involved myself in software development life cycle in most phases. participated in requirement analysis with IT team and prepared test cases after requirement is locked.
Good company overall
Senior New Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 November 2015
tasks were routine. Once you learned it, you would become good at it. Not so much advancement opportunities except for white employees.
Pros
stock purchase option
Cons
almost none management position for visible minorities
Commission
insurance Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2016
Commission job is not for everyone. You can work very hard but the salary is not necessary there.
If you like it s not a problem. This is my personal point of view.
prise de rendez-vous téléphonique
Télé marketing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2016
prise de rdv téléphonique avec listes fournies, les rendez vous annulé par le client ne sont pas pénalisés. ce qui peut-être vu comme un encouragement à pousser plus pour en avoir d'autres.
Worked on the road meeting many different people
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Quebec12 August 2015
In the morning, I would manage my paperwork and prepare the files of the clients I would be meeting during the day. When meeting prospects, I would make sure to have all the documentation necessary for the meeting.

During the week days, I would meet anywhere between 10 to 12 people to complete a survey of financial autonomy in the hope to book a second appointment where I would make a financial profile which would lead to a sale proposition.

On fridays, I would implement all the sales done in the week through the company's intranet.
Pros
learned to communicate with many different people types
Cons
no salary stability
Robots required!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2015
A typical day involves phone calls, and manoeuvring between two but similar operating systems - which becomes redundant. You are told exactly how to do your job, including what personal notes to take and how to take them. Management and training is very controlling, not open to improvement suggestions, even the simple, obvious ones. The computer systems are quite complex and there is no need for them to be. Once you master the system however the job is straight forward, and each call is different.

Co workers are great, a fantastic place to work in terms of morale, friendships and team spirit.
good
Account Manager/Financial Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Alliance, AB15 September 2014
good overallss
By being hired into one of our Sales jobs at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be a key member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team. Professionals in Sales careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Sales job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.

A job in Sales at Thermo Fisher Scientific may be waiting for you!
good
Poor management. Unrealistic.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2015
Title says it all. Micromanaged. Good systems in place.....however it is all there to track your work. Definitely not recommended.
Pros
Besides Management, all other staff very nice to work with and helpful
Cons
Carl Mustos
Bad place to work
admin (Former Employee) –  Brossard QC27 March 2015
This is one of the worst positions I had. There is often a turn around and the boss of the place is really not nice (makes ppl feel low). And u have to ask permission to go to the bathroom..lol.. very unprofessional and what is written in the posting is not true. Once you have the job, all you do is answer phones and transfer to an adjudicator. They gave me a computer which I do not know why as I never used it. Aweful place to work, they would offer me 200,000$ a year and I would say NO. Very bad management.
Pros
Long term employment with a professional organization where my skills, education and experience will be appreciated and utilized to our mutual benefit
Office Manager / Overseas Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canada31 March 2013
• Receiving all incoming mail including letters, reports and written comments from personal investors, individuals & Consultants Companies and forwarding or answering on behalf of GM.
• Responsible for providing high standards of office support for the general Manager and arranging meetings.
• Preparation of Minutes of meetings (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
management Reports, etc. Preparation of Expenses claim & Local purchase Orders (LPO).
• Maintaining the General Manager’s Agenda, Travel Schedule, Hotel Booking and registration and filing system including all correspondence and reports.
• Typing/organizing all Department Correspondence, Letters, Presentations, Contract Agreements, Minutes of Meetings, Carrying out other secretarial duties such as preparing bookings, leave/duty forms, maintaining, and preparing requisitions and purchase orders as necessary.
Job with great tasks but poor office culture
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2015
A typical day at work can go from very slow with little activities to high-stress and high-pressure situations in no time. The lack of structure to one's daily tasks and the fact that you as a self-employed worker must plan your day and manage your own time can be really demotivating.

I learned that you need to have a plan, or strategy in order to reach certain goals or targets. The job can get very hard if you don't know how to proceed and where your business is heading. I've also learned that it is important to find serious clients who are on the same page as you. Providing financial services to someone who isn't sure what they want or why they need your help, only means that it's going to be that much harder to keep that client for a long-term period.

Management is good. They are there to guide us (Financial Advisors) through the steps on being successful and keeping us on track in terms of continuous business and finding leads. That being said, they aren't very helpful in helping an advisor who is struggling. A great way to put it is that they are "fair weather management": very helpful and present when you're performing well, and almost invisible when you're not.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Must generate own leads
Very Structured and not entertaining
Inside Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2012
typical work day would be to work on your current projects and provide assistance to individuals selling Industrial Alliance products. I have learned what life insurance is, coming from a no background in the life insurance industry. Co-workers are very nice but not very many people in my department. Hardest part of the job is to stay motivated in an industry I am not enjoying. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to travel from time to time to attend seminars and presentations and participating in them.
Pros
participating in presentations
Cons
not enjoying the financial industry, such as life insurance
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 February 2015
Worked effectively in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Used Adobe Professional to present ad deals to Sobeys and Superstore.
Interacted with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
Achieve end results under pressure on changing deadlines for flyer ads.
Worked independently as well as in a team environment.
Maintained all aspects of office procedures.
Set up and maintained periodic to offset liabilities for against deductions.
New experience in the Insurance industry
Bilingual Client Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 March 2014
Team support
Tools available to help you on your daily tasks
Pros
Good salary, benefits and recognize employee program
Cons
Continuos shift rotation
Work as Administrative
Administrator/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Alliance, AB10 July 2013
• Processed beneficiary, ownership, and name changes and provided information to banking institution
• Promptly informed agencies when documents were missing and effectively followed up to complete files
• Organized client files and handled ongoing correspondence works to maintain up to-date files
• Attended to incoming mail and faxes and sorted and distributed to appropriate personnel
• Performed data entry and general administration duties including Mail Merge
Pros
Loved every day to work
one day at work
representative (Current Employee) –  Alliance, AB4 December 2012
i make phone calls, go to peoples houses, trying to sell our products.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
no salary
Productive amazing team work place
Claims Agent (Current Employee) –  Alliance, QC17 October 2013
A day at work in my shoe's is a very busy day. We contact clients and have claims that are coming in every minute. My deparetment work very hard as a team to pull the work load and to keep ahide not to fall behind. It is a relaxed atmostphere and everyone has respect for each pther. I can honestly say this is one of the best jobs I have with such amazing people.
Pros
Great team work
Workplace
Administrative Co-Ordinator Health & Dental claims (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2013
Industrial Alliance was a great learning experience and within this time helped me with my personal growth and development. I had the opportunity to use my ability in a team environment and handle tight timelines. As this was a temporary position, I enjoyed my time at Indurtrial Alliance.