Industrielle Alliance

Industrielle Alliance Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 10, 2015
Worked effectively in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Used Adobe Professional to present ad deals to Sobeys and Superstore.
Interacted with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
Achieve end results under pressure on changing deadlines for flyer ads.
Worked independently as well as in a team environment.
Maintained all aspects of office procedures.
Set up and maintained periodic to offset liabilities for against deductions.
Job with great tasks but poor office culture
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: must generate own leads
A typical day at work can go from very slow with little activities to high-stress and high-pressure situations in no time. The lack of structure to one's daily tasks and the fact that you as a self-employed worker must plan your day and manage your own time can be really demotivating.

I learned that you need to have a plan, or strategy in order to reach certain goals or targets. The job can get very hard if you don't know how to proceed and where your business is heading. I've also learned that it is important to find serious clients who are on the same page as you. Providing financial services to someone who isn't sure what they want or why they need your help, only means that it's going to be that much harder to keep that client for a long-term period.

Management is good. They are there to guide us (Financial Advisors) through the steps on being successful and keeping us on track in terms of continuous business and finding leads. That being said, they aren't very helpful in helping an advisor who is struggling. A great way to put it is that they are "fair weather management": very helpful and present when you're performing well, and almost invisible when you're not.
Productive work place
Central Team Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
Everyone works very hard and are very productive with their work.
Tough Environment
Group Pensions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2014
IA is a company that is in growth mode or development mode in some divisions.

This can be challenging in that daily demands to be able to compete in a market place where product and brand recognition creates an environment of high tension.
good
Account Manager/Financial Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee), Alliance, ABSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: long hours
good overallss
By being hired into one of our Sales jobs at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be a key member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team. Professionals in Sales careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Sales job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.

A job in Sales at Thermo Fisher Scientific may be waiting for you!
Good company to work for
Bilingual Call Facilitator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2014
Pros: prime location
Very busy and fast paced

Good environment and amazing co-workers.
New experience in the Insurance industry
Bilingual Client Service Technician (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2014
Pros: good salary, benefits and recognize employee program
Cons: continuos shift rotation
Team support
Tools available to help you on your daily tasks
Great company, great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2013
Rarely worked with people so helpful and laid-back. Mainly independent work environment but everyone is more than willing and happy to help if one needs a hand.
Productive amazing team work place
Claims Agent (Current Employee), Alliance, QCOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great team work
A day at work in my shoe's is a very busy day. We contact clients and have claims that are coming in every minute. My deparetment work very hard as a team to pull the work load and to keep ahide not to fall behind. It is a relaxed atmostphere and everyone has respect for each pther. I can honestly say this is one of the best jobs I have with such amazing people.
Good experience
Technicien aux produits dérivés (Current Employee), Québec, QCJuly 15, 2013
This is a good place to start. The work experience varies depending of which department your are in.
Work as Administrative
Administrator/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Alliance, ABJuly 10, 2013
Pros: loved every day to work
• Processed beneficiary, ownership, and name changes and provided information to banking institution
• Promptly informed agencies when documents were missing and effectively followed up to complete files
• Organized client files and handled ongoing correspondence works to maintain up to-date files
• Attended to incoming mail and faxes and sorted and distributed to appropriate personnel
• Performed data entry and general administration duties including Mail Merge
Workplace
Administrative Co-Ordinator Health & Dental claims (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2013
Industrial Alliance was a great learning experience and within this time helped me with my personal growth and development. I had the opportunity to use my ability in a team environment and handle tight timelines. As this was a temporary position, I enjoyed my time at Indurtrial Alliance.
Long term employment with a professional organization where my skills, education and experience will be appreciated and utilized to our mutual benefit
Office Manager / Overseas Coordinator (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 31, 2013
• Receiving all incoming mail including letters, reports and written comments from personal investors, individuals & Consultants Companies and forwarding or answering on behalf of GM.
• Responsible for providing high standards of office support for the general Manager and arranging meetings.
• Preparation of Minutes of meetings (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
management Reports, etc. Preparation of Expenses claim & Local purchase Orders (LPO).
• Maintaining the General Manager’s Agenda, Travel Schedule, Hotel Booking and registration and filing system including all correspondence and reports.
• Typing/organizing all Department Correspondence, Letters, Presentations, Contract Agreements, Minutes of Meetings, Carrying out other secretarial duties such as preparing bookings, leave/duty forms, maintaining, and preparing requisitions and purchase orders as necessary.
one day at work
representative (Current Employee), Alliance, ABDecember 4, 2012
Pros: flexible timing
Cons: no salary
i make phone calls, go to peoples houses, trying to sell our products.
Very Structured and not entertaining
Inside Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Pros: participating in presentations
Cons: not enjoying the financial industry, such as life insurance
typical work day would be to work on your current projects and provide assistance to individuals selling Industrial Alliance products. I have learned what life insurance is, coming from a no background in the life insurance industry. Co-workers are very nice but not very many people in my department. Hardest part of the job is to stay motivated in an industry I am not enjoying. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to travel from time to time to attend seminars and presentations and participating in them.
une journée de travail typique
Conseiller en sécurité financière (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 14, 2015
Pros: on travaille pour notre compte
Cons: nos déplacements ne sont pas payés
On travail en équipe et dans la bonne humeur. On fait beaucoup de séance de formation
travail
stagiaire en assurance de personne (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: aucun stresse, un travail très tranquille
Cons: peu d'heure de travail disponible
c'était correct, mais c'était un travail d'été. aucune possibilité d'avance, pas souvent des heures de travail. c'était sur appel.
bon environnement
secrétaire aux ventes (Former Employee), louisevilleJanuary 5, 2015
Assurer le support au secrétariat
Être à l’écoute des besoins du directeur et de les exécuter
Contrôle et suivie de rapports
Faire la répartition des appels entrant
Donner mon appui aux représentants
environnement agréable
Secrétaire-réceptionniste (Former Employee), Alliance, ABNovember 23, 2014
j'aimais beaucoup travaillé a cet endroit mais au fil du temps les clients que j'appellais pour faire par des information ses clients me manquaient de respect
L`aspect du travail
agent en sécurité financière (Current Employee), Jonquiere, QCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: tres disponible et maitre de son temps
Cons: longues heure de travail le soir
La plus grandes difficulté est de répondre aux volume de clients jour après jour toujours grandissent et de prospecté de nouveaux clients. De plus être sollicité le jour et le soir et tout les jours de la semaine.

1 2 3

About Industrielle Alliance

Industrial Alliance is a Canadian insurance company with a diversified business ranging from wealth management to group pensions. – Read more