Indigo Books & Music

Indigo Books & Music Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day in the life . . .
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: a nice environment.
Cons: a four month christmas!
A typical day as an Indigo receiver is pretty fast paced and challenging. There is plenty of shipments to warehouse and unpack with not a lot of room to work with (at least at this particular store). Therefore, I have learned to prioritize and manage a warehouse with great skill, and have had the various management teams over the years concur with and – more... appreciate my abilities. My co-workers during my fourteen years and counting have been a diverse and motley sort that have enriched my life and taught me many interesting things. The hardest part of my job is handling the Christmas incoming (retail, usually begins September!) product. I always get it in and sorted but it is ticklish! The most enjoyable is getting through Christmas without injury! – less
Easy and fun position
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioJune 25, 2014
Pros: get to meet all different types of people including the customers and colleagues
Cons: low pay, only part time work available
- worked on cash
- did purchases and returns
- dealt with customer complaints
- good, hard-working management team
- co-workers were nice and welcoming
- the most difficult part of the job was when high season hit, this included long hours and not much down time
- the most enjoyable part was making great friends on the job
Fun & smart individuals.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great people.
Cons: poor choice of management in certain ranks.
Learnt a lot & did a lot. Great place for someone starting off their career. Young/dynamic environment. Could use some structure at times.
High-stress for a low-paying job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 15, 2012
I found Indigo to be a company only focused on making money - they put so much stress on the workers to sell, sell, sell. The only issue I had is that I would be stressed over a job where I got paid basically minimum wage and had no respect. It had nothing to do with the managers or my coworkers, but rather the corporate side of the business.
Fun job while I went to college
CSR - Receiving (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: paid $9/hr
I met some of my best friends to this day working here. We had a good time but I think anything I write here is moot as it will depend - probably 100% - on who your store manager is.

Yeah they shipped us way too much stuff every Christmas and we had 10' high piles of boxes to unpack, but we had fun.