Indigo Books & Music Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Filled with like minded people
Tasking (Task Force) (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Set your own breaks, listen to headphones
Cons: Early am shifts
Loved working for Chapters.

In the early am stocking shifts I enjoyed being able to do most of my work on my own, but that there was an overall team goal of something to accomplish. You can take your break whenever you want and listen to your own headphones (as the store is not open yet). Requires early start times (either 5am shifts, or overnights)

You probably like books if you are interested in applying here, and you will find all your co-workers to be like-minded and the best people in the world to ask for book recommendations.
Seasonal CER Experience
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: employee discounts, flexible scheduling, fun co-workers
Cons: difficult customers, communication
I had the pleasure of working for Indigo for the Christmas/New Years holiday. I made a few friends, learned a few retail skills and tricks in that time. It was a welcome experience that allowed me to be on the other side of the shopping experience at one of my favourite stores. The scheduling allowed me to do what I needed to throughout the week, so I couldn't complain.

The up-sell (donations) that are required make stats go up and down, since it's really up to customers as to whether they want to give a dollar or more to their Love of Reading foundation for children.
Excellent work atmosphere
Loss Prevention Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2013
A typical day at Indigo Books & Music Inc includes creating reports, communications with other departments, and providing inventory analysis.