Indigena Solutions is a First Nations owned and Accenture managed delivery center in Delta, BC that provides world class technology and business process services leveraging the best industry experience and innovative solutions. As a permanent employee of Indigena Solutions, you will get to work on projects with large, well-known organizations in Canada within multiple industries acquiring new skills and diversifying your experience. You will get to work alongside experienced Accenture Personnel who can provide mentorship in proven service delivery methodologies. In addition, we offer many opportunities for growth and development as well as good compensation packages. Our strategy is to build long term relationship with our clients and achieve operational excellence in every aspect of our business. Recognizing that people are our most valuable resources in helping us achieve our goals and objectives, we are committed to building strong, forward-looking workforce.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer/Programmer who is interested in working with application development, to join our fast-paced and fast-growing team of IT professionals. This developer will initially become part of a development team supporting one of Indigena Solution’s clients, working side by side with other developers and operations support analysts. In this role, the candidate will be a part of a team of 20 IT professionals serving this client and will collaborate with both local and remote team members. Some client interaction is also involved. Key to being successful in this role is an interest in learning new things, collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams and the desire to deliver excellent results.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop application enhancements
- Develop defect fixes
- Execute unit and assembly level testing
- Participate in defect assessments and investigations
KNOWLEDGE ,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have 1+ year of recent development experience with development in a medium-sized enterprise context (any programming language).
- Must have 1+ year of JAVA or C-style development experience.
- Some experience with LINUX is an advantage - Red Hat or Cent OS.
- Experience with one or more of the following, is an advantage:
o Apache and Apache Tomcat webservers.
o Oracle SQL
- Knowledge of defect management systems (e.g.Bugzilla)
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- At least 3 years of SAP Basis experience
- Strong in SAP NetWeaver ABAP and Java Application Server Basis Support
- Strong in SAP performance tuning and optimization
- Strong in SAP transport and change request management
- Strong application support and customer service skills
- Prior experience in SAP installation and upgrade.
- Good understanding of Oracle database and SAP’s database utilities
- Good understanding of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Experiences in ABAP and Java programming are preferred.
- Design SAP application layout, including application servers and work process distributions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or College Diploma in Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or equivalent practical experience.
How to Apply
If you have what it takes to become a part of the diverse and rapidly growing team of technology professionals, we are looking forward to hearing from you!! Please respond to this post identifying the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Important!!! Please include the following information in the body of your email/electronic response.
- Reasonable salary range
- Whether or not you are legally entitled to work in Canada
We would like to thank all the candidates for spending time to apply for this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.