Index Exchange Employee Reviews

Lots of trendy perks to hide a weak place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2017
They offer lots of trendy perks like table tennis and free snacks in order to appeal to people. This is in place of having a good culture, solid management or real respect for employees. There are not many senior people here so it's not a good place to be mentored or learn how to grow in your career. If you have kids, you will be in the minority and managers won't understand that you need to be there for them sometimes. Engineering managers are hired from within and have few people skills or management experience/training. Most people are overworked and the culture consists of people just hired out of university instead of seasoned, talented professionals. This means coworkers are less helpful and more immature. There seems to be a pretty high turnover rate.
Pros
free lunches, free snacks
Cons
inexperienced management, immature culture
Incompetence from the CEO all the way down to HR
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
The company is based on a series of deception and misinformation. Product after product doesn't work but the team just pushes it through.

HR is a mess to deal with, time after time incompetence reins supreme.

Overall I would avoid this company like the plague.
Pros
free tea and coffee for closers
Cons
forced to lie to customers
Great place to work.
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2016
Index Exchange is a great environment to learn and grow in.
The work is fun and challenging and I recommend people to apply.
They really emphasize on how we are an Engineering company first.

I work as a front-end developer with the Header Tag team. I build and debug the Header Tag website as well as other sites. I deal with Wordpress a lot and custom HTML/CSS/JS.

My co-workers are all kind and helpful. You get a real sense of community here. Everyone works well together.

We have monthly group outings to different places such as going to see Suicide Squad and going for food/drinks afterwards or going to see the Blue Jay's play.

My most enjoyable part of the job is the fact I'm constantly learning. It's a lot of fun but challenging.
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Events
Cons
None so far