The Independent Production Fund (ipf.ca) is seeking a part-time accountant/bookkeeper on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Financial Director, this position will maintain the day-to-day financial operations for three separate, non-profit television related organizations. Activity may be undertaken both on location in downtown Toronto and offsite. This position is anticipated to be required 2-3 days per week with some additional time at month’s end.
- Perform day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting operations, including writing and posting cheques, receivables, bank deposits and adjustments
- Maintain four separate general ledgers and journals using the SAGE Simply Accounting program and ensure timely back up and safekeeping
- Prepare monthly posting adjustments, bank reconciliation and accounting to trial balance stage, software generated financial statements
- Prepare monthly administration cost reports
- Prepare government, HST, TVQ and payroll schedules, reports, postings and remittances
- Prepare and maintain customized project commitment charts and journals, and reconcile monthly with general ledger
- Prepare additional financial lead sheets, reports and schedules as required
- Additional tasks as requested by the Financial Director/CFO
- Experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting for small business
- Accounting designation (CGA or CMA) an asset, but not required
- Advanced computer skills, specifically SAGE Simply Accounting, Excel, Word (and Lotus preferred)
- Understanding of not-for-profit and charitable organizations
- Familiarity with the television and digital media industry would be an asset
- Comfortable working independently both onsite and offsite
- Flexible and able to adjust workload tasks as required
- Ability to perform multiple tasks across several Funds with the ability to shift priorities on short notice
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and in-person), organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines and work in fast-paced environment
- Is an independent and creative thinker, capable of suggesting solutions to issues
- Works well with others, can follow direction, and is a team player
Please submit your resume by May 24, 2013. Please include at least two references.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquires please. No agencies.