Indeed

Indeed Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
International Account Manager (Former Employee), LondonDecember 1, 2013
Pros: work/life balance. good management
I worked at Indeed for 2 years as an Account Manager and loved it. Highly recommend you join this wonderful team!
I HELP PEOPLE GET JOBS
Director, Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: opportunity
Cons: i wish i started here sooner!
Indeed is an amazingly successful company because of its fantastic team and because Indeed.com is a great tool. It really works and is blowing away the competition!

Indeed's growth dwarfs other employers and with growth comes opportunity. New needs and responsibilities are constantly arising and these opportunities are readily assigned based on meritocracy, – more... which makes Indeed a fantastic place to fast-track your career.

Most importantly, the work we are doing is helping people to get the job of their dreams. At the end of the day, it's work you can truly feel good about. Indeed is the place to be for smart and driven client services professionals! – less
Great Team, Great Company, Hard Work.
Account Executive for Direct Employers (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWOctober 23, 2013
Pros: bright & funny people, great environment, rewarding salary.
Indeed is a great place to work, but not for the faint of heart. The market in Sydney is new and presents some challenges because of this, also if you are scared of a phone do not apply.

For the hard work you will be rewarded with competitive salary, amazing people, and a good fun work environment that is RAPIDLY expanding. (And a pretty nice view!)

I – more... can not recommend Indeed enough to those who are strong, and looking a great company to work for. – less
Exciting Start-Up Feel in Global Online Giant!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWOctober 22, 2013
Pros: all training is completed in our new york office! great working hours, excellent location, extremely social culture!
Indeed have just launched the Australian arm of their global business here in Sydney and I have been a part of this exciting launch from the start! We are in the process of building an exception Sales and Client Services team in our brand new Sydney CBD offices. We carefully select each and every employee to drive the fun culture Indeed has around the – more... globe. Start-ups are not for the faint hearted but the rewards are endless! This is a great time to join a fast growing online business and really map out a superb career for yourself. – less
Great, Growing Company
Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
You get out of this job what you put in! Work hard and try to make an impact and you truly can.
Young, energetic, fast-paces work environment with great perks
Account Executive (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, breakfast, snacks, drinks, happy hours, and holiday parties!
Cons: high pressure to hit high quotas; ratio of men to women is 7:3
Easy going environment but always fun if you like a challenge. Great bonuses and commission. Not so fun when you compete against people on your own team for prospects. Directors micromanage. Ping pong table in the office!
Work-life balance in a thriving and attentive company
Client Services Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: stocked kitchen, happy hours, collegial environment, consistent manager feedback
Cons: benefits are good but could be better.
I've been with Indeed for almost a year and have been impressed with my experience so far.

The management is very good about listening and taking your interests into consideration when assigning projects and setting long-term career goals. It's refreshing to work in an environment where you feel like you're being heard and not merely treated like a – more... number.

We certainly work hard at Indeed everyday, but we also make sure to balance it with happy hours, company picnics, free lunches and fun. – less
Great place to learn and advance
Manager, Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: fun, entrepreneurial culture; strong management
Working at Indeed, this is the first time I'm actually excited on my commute in the morning. Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. Feedback from managers is a balance of constructive criticism and insight into your strengths, and provides clear direction on how – more... to continue to develop.

My team is motivated and fun - they take pride in their work, and collaborate together. I learn from them, and continue to be impressed by the ways they challenge themselves to improve their skills and knowledge. Even though we've outgrown the "start-up" label, the culture is still entrepreneurial and promotes integrity.

I feel trusted to make decisions, and help change the business for the better. – less
Account Executive Sales Intern (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2013
I love working at Indeed so far it has been a great learning experience. I feel I am truly going to grow from this experience.
good company to work for; solid training program for interns
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches every wednesday, fully stocked kitchen, happy hours
Cons: crm is poorly structured and slows you down; must generate your own leads as an account executive, which is very time consuming and frustrating process within a crm that is outdated
The Account Executive Internship Program at Indeed is great for college students looking to learn about every aspect of the sales process (from lead generation to cold calling to introducing customers to the product and finally managing existing accounts). The work environment is young and fun but just like any other sales office in that it is highly – more... competitive. – less
National Account Executive (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2013
Pros: right product at the right time
Cons: sales culture in development
Indeed is on the cutting edge of where recruitment advertising is headed. The anti-job board in a lot ways, Indeed excels at providing transparency and value to customers that deserve it.

Management is tremendous and although there are some cultural growing pains (due to rapid growth), overall, I couldn't be happier.
It is an exciting time here at Indeed!
Account Executive (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great sales experience & training, fun culture, work hard/play hard mentality, you 100% get what you put in!!
Cons: you 100% get what you put in.
For the two plus years I have been at Indeed I have not only learned a great deal, but I have also been compensated for the hard work I put in. I was in sales for 5 years before landing my job here and what is asked of you as an Account Executive is standard of what you would find in any inside sales jobs: make calls, present demos, send proposals, – more... and close business. However, the great work environment that has been created out here while doing these tasks is what makes Indeed stand out. I love the people I work with!
The hardest part of the job is the same as any sales job, having the mental endurance to keep positive after having a tough call with a Prospect or Client. However, if you work hard you will be compensated monetarily as well as recognized by your peers, leadership, and the company.
It is as easy as you get out of it what you put in. Indeed is not reinventing the wheel on the sales processes it practices, however we are reinventing the wheel by selling the best recruitment resource out there. We are growing quickly - conducting interviews on a very aggressive scale to keep up with our huge growth. It is an exciting time here at Indeed. – less
Glad it's over
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free snacks and beer to help you gain the indeed 15, indeed is great at hiring young talented people.
Cons: everything else
I will start by saying that I am writing this review to help others, I am fortunate enough to have a good amount of savings going into this role but for those that aren’t prepared to take a financial hit beware and stay away. I am a Sales Professional who has been in industry for 10 years, what I was promised going in is nothing remotely close to what – more... the actual role provides.

This job is risky, some who have weathered the storm have seen success but at the cost of monotony, and never knowing what will happen the next quarter.

Two questions to ask in the interview to get a better idea of what you’re getting into. What does the turnover look like, and how many Account Executives hit 90% of their quota. The honest answer should look like this, we have at least one person leave every week and about 50% of the employees succeed. Turnover is such an issue, Sales Directors can’t manage the business because more than half of their time is dedicated to interviews.

Most are super motivated to start but that quickly turns around as you get an understanding of the business. This is what you will face in a role as an Account Executive, you will work with a team where everyone hates what they do because the job is robotic, and unfruitful. Prospecting for good leads is impossible, everything that is worth your time is taken, people are fighting each other for prospects, just a sad and toxic environment. You are required to make 60+ calls a day which is easy until the second week where you realize you've called all of your prospects that have been called by old Account Executives at least 3 times.

Leaders don’t go through a formal training process, most companies spend 6+ months to breed leaders by giving them special projects and training to ensure that they are ready, at Indeed Sales Directors are the survivors those that made it past a year or two. They are sent to training for a week and then tasked to lead a team completely unprepared. – less
Great place to start
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great workplace, free snacks and beverages every day, free breakfast on fridays. occasional free lunch. competitive. challenging
Cons: long days
I interned at Indeed this past summer and found it to be quite the enjoyable, yet educational experience.

The atmosphere there is amazing and everyone is very friendly. I had a hard time adjusting at first, but soon found a new calling in the sales world.

I learned so much that I am very grateful for. The only complaint I have is that I think I wasn't – more... confident enough to start cold calling on my own. I think they should have spent more time preparing the interns for that work. They had us practice the sales pitch over and over and over, but never once did we have practice with a cold call, that was more of a "sink or swim" learning method.

In the end, everything turned out great. Love the company, and product. I've been spreading the word ever since I accepted the position. Definitely recommend! – less
Work hard and you will do well
Account Executive (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 19, 2013
Pros: compensation, atmosphere, selling a product that works
Cons: 2 quota situation consistently puts your book of business at risk
An unbelievable place to start and build a career. Working for Indeed has pushed me to work harder than I ever have in my life. Like any sales job you will experience your ups and downs however, Indeed offers a truly unique opportunity for all their employees.

-Their growth within the market is unprecedented
-Simply put, our product saves our clients – more... money.
-Management is demanding however, internal promotions almost guarantees your boss has not only done your job before but been one of the top performers for the company.
-The compensation structure is the best in the industry.

My favorite aspect of Indeed is the entrepreneurial culture it promotes. Hard work is rewarded and you are given the freedom to sell the product in an independent manner. – less
Great Company
National Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2013
Building a strong sales culture. Company should continue to grow by offering flexible recruitment advertising products
Great learning environment, supportive company
International Account Manager (Current Employee), LondonJuly 10, 2013
Pros: exciting working environment, constantly learning, positive management, very successful company
Cons: n/a
I've been with Indeed for roughly 18 months and love working here! I work remotely but always feel like part of the team and am lucky enough to have great management behind me!
Do not go into Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches, take a break when ever you want as long as you get your work done
Cons: cons below
I'll keep it short and sweet.

There is no prospect generation=47% of sales force not hitting quota.

No job security, a person who's been at a Indeed 10 months is considered a veteran.

Commission structure has limitation and stipulations

Expect you to call 60 calls a day when you run out of people to call after your 3rd week of employment

Do not – more... go into sales. I beg of you...save yourself – less
Indeed
Account Manager (Former Employee), DublinJuly 3, 2013
Worked on a new business and growth role position .
Prospecting new business . Industries - Recruiters/Direct employers
Setting up demos , going through sale process.
Sending out proposals
Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees
Senior Account Executive, National Accounts (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2013
I feel very fortunate to be part of a company that is so quickly becoming the leader in online recruitment. In 3+ years I have experienced the expansion of employees/teams, offices, management and incentive programs. Not to mention competitive benefit programs, an ongoing training curriculum and career path assistance.

Additionally, the tools and reporting – more... capabilities from our product team are second to none. The sales team is given excellent support from IT, Client Services, etc. I am continually impressed with the thought and care that goes into the materials that are rolled out both internally and to our clients.

With the recent addition of top-notch marketing leadership, I look forward to Indeed becoming a household name in the very near future. We've already come a long way very quickly!

With our worldwide growth, I do not know all my fellow employees as well as I did during Indeed's infancy. However, there are many who have been here for a long time and are very proud of the Indeed product and the strong relationships they have established with their co-workers. I know I am not alone in my excitement for what's to come at Indeed...

Cleveland rocks!!! – less

RShaw – July 18, 2013

Cleveland does rock.

About Indeed

Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 140 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. – Read more