INC Research

INC Research Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive Environment
Medical Laboratory Technician Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: enjoyable events planned for all staff to participate together as a team.
Cons: distance of place of work.
I usually manage the assessment screening deptment where I would conduct reception duties including ensuring appropriate and timely flow of subjects. Followed by performing safety related testing and assessments including vital signs, electrocardiogram, and safety blood work as per protocol. I learned clinical activities as per delegation by the clinical – more... study team in relation to study protocol, working practices, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and relevant regulatory guidelines. Most enjoyable part of my job is ensuring appropriate level of customer service. My co-workers are easy to approach and we all communicate effectively to both subjects and study teams. The most hardest part of my job would be managing the flow of multiple monitoring and enforcing subject’s compliance to protocol restrictions and specific study requirements. – less
Progressive Company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Constantly improving, but chaotic. This can be fun, but frustrating
Flexible company
Accounts Receivable Specialist II (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 17, 2014
A typical day at work is billing, reconciling your studies. I've learned how to work smarter and not harder. I live by being a team player (Together Everyone Achieves More).

The hardest part of my job is when the information you need is not provided before the deadline.

The enjoyable part of my job is flexibility to work from home
Flexible scheduling, job security is good, but overload with multiple projects
Clinical Trial Leader (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: good team structure, line management structure and role is easy with minumal number of direct reports.
Cons: difficult accessing communicaton with support/it, payroll, training, hiring standards not always stringent
a decent CRO company with standard benefits. The company lacks incentives to stay and retain employees. Growth in obtaining clients has been fast but they do not keep pace with hiring staff to keep up with workload
Work Enviornment
CDA II (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: too many to list
The overall work environment was extremely cold. Managers were micro managers.
Needed more travel
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Did not get the travel and opportunities out on the road. Good work-life balance and a very family-friendly company.
Would not recommend this company
Central Monitoring Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 16, 2013
Cons: long hours, healthcare, no opportunities for advancement, poor management, etc.
Long hours, little pay, under staffed, poor management, high stress, little training, poor health benefits, no recognition for accomplishments, etc. It is unfortunate, because there were so many great co-workers.
Administrative Assistant to the COO (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 20, 2013
Fast paste, customer focus, hard working management and employees.
Productive and Fun workplace
Designation - Statistical Programmer I (Current Employee), Gandhinagar, GJAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches, cab facility, good working environment
Cons: time overlapping due to global team
I joined INC as a fresher and it has a amazing work environment. Good quality and balanced work load. with very good colleagues.
Convenient and good workplace
Data Entry Technician (Current Employee), Battle, East Sussex TN38 0TXJune 23, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, holidays, sick pay scheme, pension and health plan
Cons: cannot think of any cons, the company moving to lewes, that is why i am looking for a new job
I will get into work and see my boss, who will tell me what needs to be done by me that day, it could be data entry of confidential material, receipting it or filing it away. I could be working on the helpdesk, which is for people all over the world if they were having problems with certain systems on the computer, that could be tickets they have sent – more... in or phone calls.
I have a very good relationship with my co-workers and we are always ready to help each other if there is a problem.
I don't really think that any particular part of my job is difficult, it is just a case of doing whatever I am given.
Most enjoyable part is getting on really well with my colleagues and when helping someone on the phone with their query on the helpdesk and them being happy. – less
Busy
Regulatory Records Specialist I (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 5, 2013
There was rarely any down time. We electronically filed documents online.
A very focused and driven company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Regionally - Madison, WIMay 22, 2013
INC is going through a lot of change and several purchases recently, as well as a new CEO and new strategies. There have also been a lot of layoffs subsequently and financial struggles. It's an ever changing environment right now, but generally a good place to work where clients develop strong relationships and alliances.
Proceed with Caution
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2013
A poorly managed company that values quantity vs. quality, INC Research perpetuates the stereotypical CRO reputation for overworking employees trying to maximize billable hours yet minimizing work/life balance. Resourcing allocations are woefully out of touch with reality. In multiple situations the company (via both Legal and HR) showed a complete – more... lack concern for employees' well-being. The project I worked on consciously and purposefully mislead the sponsor despite vocal opposition. Advancement is extremely difficult. I've witnessed promotion paperwork sitting with next level management for weeks/months on end with no action despite repeated follow-up. Both projects and departments lack vision and practical experience. Unfortunately I left with a rancid taste in my mouth regarding this company. – less
Productive and Flexable place to work
CDA (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 21, 2013
I enjoy working at INC. I would refer anyone to work there. At INC you can feel like you're apart of a family. Management is there to help and answer any questions you may have.
I had really great co-workers that trained me very well
DATA TECH (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 19, 2013
If this company was still here I would be probably be still working there.
Competative CRO company
Research Associate (Former Employee), Hatoboro, PAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: excellent introduction to corporate america
INC Research is a competative CRO company whose main focus is company growth and development. Their initial orientation and company training for new hires is commendable.
Horrible place. Stay away - review for Clinical Programming, Raleigh NC.
Clinical Programmer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: you may get to work from home if the manager likes you, good benefits
Cons: no work life balance, biased management in the clinical programming department
I I worked at INC Research in the clinical programming (database build) department in Raleigh NC. My suggestion would be to say away. The mid level management and directors do not stick up for you. There were so many occasions where the group manager openly blamed the associate director or director for her own mistakes. Also, the director and associate – more... director fought in front of us just to win over the other and did not care about what is right for the team or project.

There is completely no work life balance. I can see working overtime once in a while but this happened sometimes continuously for weeks together.

Also there are lay-offs quite often and the 2 promotions that happened while I was there were completely biased. The director even went on to say that the person who got promoted may not have deserved it but he/she needed it as they needed the money! so unprofessional.

My advice: Horrible place. Stay away (unless things have changed recently). – less
You are expected to work any time day and night with no appreciation
Contract Manager (Former Employee), USJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: free tea, coffee and milk
Cons: long hours
I worked for this company for over 1.5 year. I enjoyed my team at the time and friendly atmosphere; however there were no support from the management, constant presser and demand that you are not doing enough. In addition there is very unfair work distribution in place. I had an incident with my manager and have to go through HR to have this sorted – more... as there was no support. There are no bonuses or appreciation structure.

I moved to competitive and feel very happy now. – less
Growing company; Not up to par with competitors
Site Start-Up and Regulatory Specialist I & II (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2012
Pros: social environment; great people
Cons: spotty managment; low pay
INC is growing and has alot of potential, but they are not really close to their competitors yet regarding compensation and processess. When I left they were beginning to gradually change to become more competitive, but had a good ways to go. There needs to be a shift in some of the management. as it appears there were people promoted to these positions – more... that were good at their previous job, but not really great when it comes to managing others. I believe they are heading in the right direction. The work is quite boring and redundant, but that is just the nature of the job. – less
CFO is creepy and cannot be trusted and looks like a joke
CRA (Former Employee), NCSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: everything
Awful company that appreciates nothing and does nothing for the reliable employees. Finance and corporate is a joke as anybody who ever was anybody is gone because they ran them off because they were threatened by their knowledge leadership.

About INC Research

INC Research is not fazed by the four phases a new drug has to go through to get from idea stage to commericial adoption. The – Read more