InSync Systems is a boutique systems integrator that works closely with small to large corporate clients to bring them IT solutions specific to their business needs, whether it is expert contract personnel, formal augmentation outsourcing or assisting in strengthening their own IT departments with the best people in the industry.
We have a long-term contract opportunity for a Senior Solution Architect in Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the Application Solution Architecture Team Lead, the role of the Senior Solution Architect is to oversee and guide the development of consistent application and technical architectures that conform to enterprise architectural standards and roadmaps for multiple projects in a particular program or business domain. This role is pivotal in delivering and maintaining solution architectures that best suits business and non-functional requirements. They possess a wide breadth of knowledge on how various technological components work together to deliver the desired functionality, understand the client’s roadmaps as well as current and planned future state of the program suite of applications and related technologies
- Provide solution architecture consultation and guidance to Project and Program Managers in early program/project phases.
- Understand requirements as it relates to the program initiative and how a defined set of projects are organised to deliver those requirements.
- Identify and evaluate project risks and participate in defining mitigation and control activities.
- Develop and maintain an overall solution architecture. Integrate project solution architectures into the as-is program solution landscape/architecture for future baseline reference.
- Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the business requirements, and feedback to Enterprise Architecture and/or work intake processes.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices
- Provide input/recommendations into the Vendor Management Office for the Project. Consult on Statement of Works (SOWs), RFPs and vendor selection processes. Ensure Vendors understand what SDLC artefacts are to be delivered during the different project phases
- Serve as Technical Lead for vendor delivered project initiatives on their program. Quarter-back review of technical artefacts delivered by the vendor to the client, leading review of these artefacts.
- Primary point of contact and liaison for vendor technical lead and for addressing vendor technical questions/needs/proposals.
- Preference will be given to candidate with Data Architecture, Data Warehouse and ETL experience
- Very strong experience providing technical leadership to projects
- Very strong people skills and experience in interacting and communicating with different type of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Very strong experience with several architecture, design and re-engineering efforts in an integrated solution environment
- Very strong experience using several technologies to integrate disparate systems
- Can consolidate requirements and translate them into IS deliverables
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methods, tools and techniques
- Has led preparation of system or user documentation and training materials
- Has experience with alternate implementation strategies such as pilot or PoC
- Experienced developing solutions within a waterfall and agile life cycle
- Has utilized in their career several project methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.) and understands when different approaches are appropriate
YOU MUST BE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA.
For this role you also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You have the proven ability to provide service, develop consensus and successfully manage relationships. And most of all, you are a team-player known for your positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach!