In-Line Pigging Solutions (ILPS) is seeking a non-vendor specific GIS Consultant to immediately fill a contract position with a major gas utility in Regina, Saskatchewan.
This position will be responsible for providing guidance and support in advancing GIS and data management systems within the clients operations. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Investigate solutions with respect to GIS & data models
- Arrange vendor demonstrations to help assess technologies
- Develop a vision document for the phased approach & roll out of GIS technology
- Provide guidance on how to incorporate meter reading, field scanning technology & AutoCAD mapping systems with current GIS systems.
- Review technology for mobile truck offices & assess the pros & cons of utilizing GIS technology
- Assist in the changes & development of the current ESRI system
- Assist in the negotiation of external cadastral data links & the development of business process for maintenance & updating
- Act as the Business Lead in the formal Information Systems project to implement the new GIS system & data model
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Management
- Post-secondary education in GIS, Geomatics, Geography or a related discipline
- Experience in a pipeline company or gas utility is an asset
In-Line Pigging Solutions Ltd. (ILPS) is a leading provider of In-Line Inspection (ILI) coordination services for pipeline operators throughout Western Canada and Ontario. We offer pipeline inspection program management, pipeline surveys, dig survey, GIS services, inspections, tool tracking and pipeline repair products to all of the major and minor pipeline operators in Canada.
We offer competitive compensation, holidays & a company benefit plan. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but will contact only those individuals selected for an interview.