For our office in North Vancouver, Imtech Marine Canada is searching for an Assistant Buyer to strengthen the Procurement team for the projects and service departments in Vancouver.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer are to support the Technical buyer and different project teams in the Rfx processes, procurement administration, maintaining supplier information and documentation. The tasks and responsibilities of the position may reasonably change from time to time.
Scope of duties:
- Assist the RFx process by compiling information, administer and expedite requests.
- Review requests and interact with vendors examining price, suitability, and availability of items or services; researching products comparing specifications and reviewing alternatives to fulfill project objectives.
- Assist in evaluating invitations to bid.
- Write and administer purchase orders.
- Create and maintain good vendor relationships by regular communication via email, telephone, or scheduled meetings.
- Consistently share ideas and concerns with team members, project teams and management.
- Support constant improvement
- Attend Vendor Shows and Trade Shows when required.
- One to three years Buying experience in a project or engineering environment.
- An understanding of Supply Chain Management processes, knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing, the national standards of purchasing methods, and a solid understanding of the supply chain process pertaining to project execution.
- Understanding of common business practices relating to the purchase, pricing, terms, shipment, taxes, and payment for commodities and services..
- Understanding of contract administration.
- Excellent oral and written English communication, comprehension and interpretation skills.
- Experience in working with ERP systems used in managing business processes.
- Good working knowledge of the internet and internet sourcing
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Fast learner with good numerical reasoning and analytical ability, and inherent attentiveness to detail, and the ability to multi-task and deal with changing priorities
- Strong relationship building and people skills to foster co-operation between diverse groups; the ability to work as an effective team member
- Committed to meet deadlines and available to work overtime as required
- Familiarity with the marine industry a plus
- Technical aptitude is a plus
Imtech Marine Canada is a division of Imtech Marine, one of the world's leading providers of tailor made, innovative technology solutions covering the whole ship. Imtech Marine specializes in Automation (Platform and Bridge), Navigation & Communication including Connectivity, Energy & Drive systems, HVAC solutions and Fire Protection systems, Entertainment, Lighting systems and Maritime Services. Imtech Marine reached annual revenues of more than 500 million euro, employing over 2,700 staff at more than 90 offices based along shipping routes and close to shipbuilding centers.
If we have accurately captured your profile, please send your resume and cover letter, mentioning the job title, to:
Sylvie Quaeyhaegens, Manager Business Support / HR
Imtech Marine Canada Inc.
Capilano Business Park, Suite 216
930 West 1st Street, North Vancouver, BC V7P 3N4
T +1 604 982 5300
3681 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5M 1C2
T +1 604 293 2900
Indeed - 5 months ago
Imtech Marine Canada is a division of Imtech Marine, one of the world's leading providers of tailor made, innovative technology solutions...