IMS Health

IMS Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
workplace
Production Analyst(Data capture) (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 23, 2014
-You have to be up to date with your days work
Decision making and working under pressure
Critical handling of situations (problem solving), preparing of tasks
Customer services and help desk support

enjoyed working with my co-workers we always assistant each other and always work and share information.

enjoyable part - research and meeting all the – more... deadlines on time and there's 0% errors and production going out on time and as planned – less
Team work environment
Senior Statistical Programmer (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Worked on pharma/prescription and physician segmentation level data.
Creative and good respect
Sr. Zonal Manager (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: all type of facility
Cons: worked for long years.
Maintains day to day work.
Training and development.
Maintaining good work atmosphere.
Fast pace
Executive Assistant, IMS Health, SA (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 11, 2013
A typical day at work -
Management - Challenging personalities
Your co-workers - Friendly and motivational
The hardest part of the job - Constant changes
The most enjoyable part of the job - Managing the office
Great group of talented professionals.
Marketing Manager -- Commercial Analytics (Former Employee), Collegeville, PANovember 27, 2013
Pros: opportunity to know and works with very qualified people
Cons: work-live balance
Very good company to work for. Global environment and tons of opportunities to learn about the Health Care market.
Wonderful place to work!!!
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 21, 2013
I so enjoyed working with the people there. Family owned and very intimate - great opportunity to learn many aspects of business management.
Challenging and interesting role
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 3, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
I was a part of rather small team that worked together very well.
My role consisted of duties in three main areas:
1) finance -> I provided financial reporting on country and business unit level; departmental budgeting, forecasting and financial management; administration of barter billing.
2) internal analyses -> I implemented a new corporate structure – more... for how to classify and allocate supply costs.
3) external analyses and consulting -> I developed and enhanced pricing models to provide insight for clients in preparation for pricing negotiations. I prepared the necessary presentations on proposals and implications. – less
productive and fun workplace
Pharmacoepidemiologist Junior (Current Employee), ParisAugust 25, 2013
As a first work experience I would like to point out that IMS gives the possibility for juniors like me to improve and evolve in their work.
Productive and fast paced
Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 7, 2013
Pros: recognition for accomplishments
Cons: no cons
Typical day is very fast paced, deadline driven environment. Plus minus 200 query mails to resolve daily, and two to three projects going at the same time. Learned computer skills and how to effectively manage my direct reports. I have learned how to motivate staff and get them to be productive. Management are deadline driven and have high expectations – more... of staff. Co-workers are great to work with and always willing to assist or elaborate on areas unknown to new comers.
Most difficult part of my job was disciplinary to direct reports. Most enjoyable part was the research and managing staff, setting goals and achieving them, giving credit to the team thereafter. – less
Innovative and Professional
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 1, 2013
IMS Health has a very innovative and professional culture.
Growing organization; leader in the industry
Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJune 25, 2013
IMS is a growing organization that is branching out into less traditional service offering for its clients, offering more flexibility and options. Work schedules are flexible and there is much opportunity for career growth.
Analyst, Client Services (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 18, 2013
Good place to work.

Good work/life balance.

Below average compensation.

Good industry experience.
Nice work place
Office Admin and Data Capture (Former Employee), RosebankJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: get awarded for correct work
Cons: flexi hours
IMS is a marketing research company that do all market research on Pharmaceutical companys and there product. All data must be corect and save on data base so that each pharamaceutical company can get there market related booklet or via software on how there product do on the market.
Good place to work with lots to learn
Associate Consultant (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaJuly 6, 2012
Pros: friday get togethers
Cons: small pantry
If you are open to learning and growing with an organization, then this is the place to be!
IMS Health
Compensation & Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 6, 2012
A very busy but fun environment. Good people and family friendly atmosphere.
Constant change
Client Service Analyst (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAJune 13, 2012
Pros: wah days
Cons: unhappy work environment
In a year we had 3 different presidents and with that came 3 different views. Also, there is no room to grow in the company because you don't know where the layoffs are going to happen next or which teams will be redesigned.
Good working hours, but efforts do not pay
Patent Editor (Former Employee), LondonMay 29, 2012
Pros: good working hours, clean working environment
Cons: poor management, insane work targets, poor database and slow computers, poor organisation/morale/working environment (no windows, stuffy office), poor salary, no room for progression
The good thing about IMS is that it is flexible when it comes to working hours. For example, my manageress would allow me to come in half an hour early and leave half an hour early.

During my tenure, I gained expert knowledge in pharmaceutical patent law. A typical day would involve analysing patent families for marketed drugs that were listed in a – more... prioritisation Excel file. This took up 90% of the days activities. The remainder would involve updating your own specific weekly processes. This bought some variety into the job albeit short-lived.

The management I have to say was biased towards some people. It was difficult for most of us. I personally believe it was a clash of personalities and office politics. My manager and I had a few run-ins and I reported her to her manageress on a few occassions for being unprofessional. For me it was a very frustrating place to work since both manageresses did not understand that I was fighting a battle against anxiety.

The medications I was on were making it difficult for me to concentrate and I made them aware of this. For this I was reprimanded and I went into depression and stress. I was able to fight it off but my health suffered and so I just did the best I could. But that was not good enough for them. I filled in gaps where people had left them, putting in extra effort to please my managers.

One of the most frustrating things was the fact that they could not understand why I was producing less work compared to the rest of the team. This came down to complexitiy of patent families and their sheer length, some of which would be hundreds of patents long. Althought I produced very good quality work, they seemed to overlook that and kept scrutinising the work I did on a regular basis, putting me under unnecessary stress. In reality then, I was doing the same amount of work as anyone else in the team, just that on paper it looked less.

My co-workers were a mixed bunch. Some more approachable and friendlier than others.

The hardest part of the job was to maintain the ridiculous targets that the managers set on a weekly basis. I guess noone was happy about this and on top of that, multiple projects were being introduced. This made working life very difficult for us as a team. Just by talking to other colleagues you could tell that the work was taking its toll. – less
Excellent work environment
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Bedford, NHApril 29, 2012
Pros: interesting variety of tasks, very nice co-workers
Cons: not always clear what other departments did
Very good place to work; interesting job, different every day; co-workers were respectful and helpful
Great place to start your career to learn about pharmaceutical industry
Business Manager (Former Employee), Totowa, NJApril 22, 2012
Great place to start your career to learn about pharmaceutical industry, in general, about clients and more specifically IMS audits.
IMS cares about their clients
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 16, 2012
Pros: good culture
Cons: transition of merger
IMS is progressive about their employees to progress further in their current positions. they have on line training which is helpful if you have time constraints.

chandan – July 5, 2013

This is the worst company because of its Mangement ie Project Managres and Team Leads only. And this company dont care of the employees. Simply they will fire employees without any reasons. 90% of the project managers/TLs will demoralize the subordinates. it Better if anyone dont have any job then only its better to join this company, else its horrible.By experince iam saying.

About IMS Health

IMS Health Incorporated (IMS) is a provider of market intelligence to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. IMS offers – Read more