IMPERIAL Employee Reviews

Allowed to grow
Material Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur txFebruary 7, 2016
When started at this company was unfamiliar with this type of work, they have helped me to grow and was able to learn .

My day starts with directing staff in tasks for the day. I then start researching and helping other departments with any of their needs.

I have learned about the different operating systems/ Microsoft products.

Management is very helpful

Co-workers for the most part are friendly

The most enjoyable is the fast paced and ever changing and learning
Pros
Lunch for staff monthly / Pay
Cons
not a controlled environmental really cold or hot
Corporate people are great people they do listen to their workers.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2016
My shift was very busy, but I know what I had to do and made sure it got done as request my upper management. Sometimes the field can be a heavy load, but as officers we done what was required. Some manager's was very hard on us field workers and caused some workers to quit, but when corporate got to speak explain to lower management and remain them that they was in our place before the understand that if we all work together things would work out for the best of the corporation.
Pros
Very nice place to work for the people at corporate is great.
Lovely Company to work for but certian people to respect
Transport Controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-NatalApril 19, 2016
1. Handovers needs to be done anything not complete needs to be reported.
2. I have learn so much at COLD STORAGE and this is truly FMCG.
3. Management is only concerned for themselves and wish I was a manager because I can swear I can become C.E.O within 2yrs as the respect I have with fellow comrades.
4..My co-works work hard and as always there are just certain employees that just do nothing and the others need to cover them as it is shift work.
5. "Graveyard" hours is the hardest part and people that take advantage.
6. When we get the work done CORRECTLY we can leave early and appraised by management.
Pros
team building does happen
Cons
Only complete the job before you can go home
Trans-admin
Customer Service agent (Current Employee) –  Jet Park, GautengApril 27, 2016
We work very hard in our department and always help each other to do the best to our abilities and always teach each other new things as at the moment I am on a learning base with HR work which I am very good at it as drafting warnings , checking's of who clocked in and who is absent , really enjoying it however I have a child and I need to see to all her things and I need a permanent job as I am still under a agency.
Pros
Emplyee of the month on March . got a hamper
Cons
9hours
teamwork free cool drinks
Picker & Van assistance (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western CapeJune 9, 2016
Picking and packing parcels for the trip, unloading and loading the trucks.
I learned how to pack boxes in a truck, sequencing of the invoices, and taking of responsibility, stacking of pallets. Management was fine, we heard team spirit with my co-workers, nothing was hard about the job
and i enjoyed staff party
Cons
company was good at first but was starting to fall apart
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 7, 2016
hardest part of job was dealing with no notice on scheduled jobs.as with any company some days good some bad,company had become severely under staffed,co workers good but over burdened,customers down to primarily one large medical company.
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor medical poor planning everything an emergency.
i was very happy and the staff was also very open and willing to teach me new things
admin/reception (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GPApril 21, 2015
i start at 6:00 as the one lady had a overflow of work so icome in early for her to teach me the system in order to help her i have learn that team work is the best way to get every thing done , the management was very good open door policy and strick as far as deadlines was he thank me for my hard work and one evening we work untill 9:00 he arrange transport to take me home my co-worker was all very friendly and willing i work long hours with over time but i learn a lot when we made our target and finnish our work on time the manager will come and say thank you guys .
Pros
we got woolworths discounts when we buy
meet people from all walks of life;rotation of stock,getting rid of aging stock & sourcing new stock.
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, GPSeptember 18, 2015
sales in the motor industry is very rewarding during conducive economic times.having all basic requirements for a dealership in place to succeed can save one a lot of frustration when it comes to meeting targets.
Pros
company car/fuel;medical aid;pension attractive comissions
Cons
long hours & getting clients to qualify for finance from the banks
Amazing
Kitchen Associate/Bar Associate (Current Employee) –  WalsallMay 21, 2016
Everyday was a blast. I met some amazing people at this place and i still consider them by best friends, Even on the busy shifts, we had tons of fun. I learned alot from this job,
Basic
Marketing and Brand Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMay 30, 2016
It's a great company with a lot of interesting projects and contracts to work on. The clients are interesting and there are many opportunities for learning.
driver
driver (Former Employee) –  durbanJanuary 22, 2016
i like working with people, Ive been driving for 15 years, i very good in fixing cars, am i honest and reliable person, i was driving the new cars from imperial all the new cars that were coming in i was taking that to the terminal, i enjoy working there and i gained lot of experience when its comes to driving and interacting with people
Pros
kwazulu natal
Cons
south africa
stock controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPSeptember 30, 2015
Good company to work for with good people but with minimal development programmers in terms of career development within this merger company for some ethnic groups around to the senior vacancies
Pros
1h
Cons
lon
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  sydney,nswMarch 30, 2016
get to work different places and handle critical situation with great customer service skills.
hardest part is to deal with drunk customers
Good Place
Quality Coordinator and Liaison (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 21, 2016
It is fine, good family, and allow me to learn new thing and work with production to find improvements in the assembly process.
Overall has been a decent place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIOctober 12, 2015
Absolutely love the residents and cleaning for them so the have a nice place to live. My co-worker's show good teamwork.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done from administration.
Cons
Do to short work staff large work load at times.
was great
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, WAFebruary 28, 2015
Great coworkers, team players. This is where I received my education on boiler maintenance. The CEO was willing to educate.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
not many benefits
The people were great but there wasnt room for advancement.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJune 12, 2015
Most days were pretty normal it was a fast paced job but they did a good job at traning you before they expected speed from you.It was a job that really taught you how to think on your feet.You had to be safe first and foremost but you had to be fast and accurate too.My co workers were really nice people that worked as a team,they were the best part of the job.
Pros
coworkers and supervisor
Cons
payscale
Productive life-balance work environment
HR / Transformation Executive (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPSeptember 22, 2014
My daily tasks were never the same and I found my job challenging and learned a lot about the Motor Industry.
The workplace was very different to what I had gotten accustomed to in the Engineering Sector, where I predominantly worked.I mostly was not mentally challenged by my colleagues. The work environment is not very appreciative of diverse cultures, and is not very welcoming. Some employees speak Afrikaans in meetings. I happen to be very innovative, creative and have the ability to provide tentative solutions to any problem. This is impeded, due to my limited vocabulary in Afrikaans. I found this extremely frustrating, as I always yearn to make significantly tangible value to the organisation I work for.
Pros
lessons learnt would contribute to my writing a well-balanced thesis, for my phd in leadership in performance and change.
Cons
utilization of lifo would lead to mediocrity reining, as employees that have been longer in the organisation think they are secure.
dedicating in making production and keep the clients happy
assistant safety officer (Former Employee) –  witbank mpumalangaJuly 8, 2013
when there will be an audits soon lot of work will have to be done to make sure that you win the audits,that safety you dont just apply it on others but you lead by example as you require the very same people to listen to you when you adress them about safety,management will always look up to your job if you peform or not and once you do your job you will get along very well,always play difficult but it all depend how you present yourself towards them,planning matrix where you have to state every training that every employee did and training that is still to be implemented,when you go for satey summits with the big boss and you get to meet other big bosses from differnt places and nice food that you willbe eating enjoying each other's company.
Pros
lunch for everyone at 13;00
Cons
overtime optional for employees
They were notorious for letting people go without any kind of warning or write ups.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXOctober 25, 2013
I was never late and always early, never called in, and was never written up. A new company came in and bought it out, and after they bought them out 2 months ago they have let 53 people go prior to me. You never had any since of job security there no matter how hard you tried. I was let go for not checking my partners work, making sure that the bearings were greased. I was night shift maintenance team leader and since I failed to physically check ALL the work of my team members, and this was overseen they let me go. The worker who actually did not do the work that was instructed did not even get written up.
Pros
being part of my own team, doing my own thing repairing different things, doing routine maintenance.
Cons
no warnings, no nothing on simple incidents, no job security.