IMPERIAL Employee Reviews

Productive and a people person
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VA29 September 2016
I am able to work with all people and I am capabl3e of getting people to learn and try to new things on a daily basis to increase production and to become a cost saving environment. I am very creative and I know a lot about lean manufacturing. I
Pros
Teaching others
Product and Work place
warranty (Current Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng23 August 2016
I love my job, always busy and always new challenges.
I deal with warranties and claims, always trying to save the company money as well as making the client happy.
Pros
working hours
Cons
only 30 min lunch break
staff remuration
Light duty driver/ Storeman (Current Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng20 June 2016
its my pleasure to say imperial group so far they are doing everything possible to their goals and every person is playing his/her role.
The managed is also doing everything in their powers to keep the company growing more and more daily.
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
The jobs opportunities are scarce
teamwork free cool drinks
Picker & Van assistance (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 June 2016
Picking and packing parcels for the trip, unloading and loading the trucks.
I learned how to pack boxes in a truck, sequencing of the invoices, and taking of responsibility, stacking of pallets. Management was fine, we heard team spirit with my co-workers, nothing was hard about the job
and i enjoyed staff party
Basic
Marketing and Brand Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DC30 May 2016
It's a great company with a lot of interesting projects and contracts to work on. The clients are interesting and there are many opportunities for learning.
Amazing
Kitchen Associate/Bar Associate (Current Employee) –  Walsall21 May 2016
Everyday was a blast. I met some amazing people at this place and i still consider them by best friends, Even on the busy shifts, we had tons of fun. I learned alot from this job,
Trans-admin
Customer Service agent (Current Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng27 April 2016
We work very hard in our department and always help each other to do the best to our abilities and always teach each other new things as at the moment I am on a learning base with HR work which I am very good at it as drafting warnings , checking's of who clocked in and who is absent , really enjoying it however I have a child and I need to see to all her things and I need a permanent job as I am still under a agency.
Pros
Emplyee of the month on March . got a hamper
Cons
9hours
Lovely Company to work for but certian people to respect
Transport Controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 April 2016
1. Handovers needs to be done anything not complete needs to be reported.
2. I have learn so much at COLD STORAGE and this is truly FMCG.
3. Management is only concerned for themselves and wish I was a manager because I can swear I can become C.E.O within 2yrs as the respect I have with fellow comrades.
4..My co-works work hard and as always there are just certain employees that just do nothing and the others need to cover them as it is shift work.
5. "Graveyard" hours is the hardest part and people that take advantage.
6. When we get the work done CORRECTLY we can leave early and appraised by management.
Pros
team building does happen
Cons
Only complete the job before you can go home
company was good at first but was starting to fall apart
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA7 April 2016
hardest part of job was dealing with no notice on scheduled jobs.as with any company some days good some bad,company had become severely under staffed,co workers good but over burdened,customers down to primarily one large medical company.
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor medical poor planning everything an emergency.
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  sydney,nsw30 March 2016
get to work different places and handle critical situation with great customer service skills.
hardest part is to deal with drunk customers
Good Place
Quality Coordinator and Liaison (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX21 February 2016
It is fine, good family, and allow me to learn new thing and work with production to find improvements in the assembly process.
Allowed to grow
Material Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur tx7 February 2016
When started at this company was unfamiliar with this type of work, they have helped me to grow and was able to learn .

My day starts with directing staff in tasks for the day. I then start researching and helping other departments with any of their needs.

I have learned about the different operating systems/ Microsoft products.

Management is very helpful

Co-workers for the most part are friendly

The most enjoyable is the fast paced and ever changing and learning
Pros
Lunch for staff monthly / Pay
Cons
not a controlled environmental really cold or hot
driver
driver (Former Employee) –  durban22 January 2016
i like working with people, Ive been driving for 15 years, i very good in fixing cars, am i honest and reliable person, i was driving the new cars from imperial all the new cars that were coming in i was taking that to the terminal, i enjoy working there and i gained lot of experience when its comes to driving and interacting with people
Pros
kwazulu natal
Cons
south africa
Corporate people are great people they do listen to their workers.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX4 January 2016
My shift was very busy, but I know what I had to do and made sure it got done as request my upper management. Sometimes the field can be a heavy load, but as officers we done what was required. Some manager's was very hard on us field workers and caused some workers to quit, but when corporate got to speak explain to lower management and remain them that they was in our place before the understand that if we all work together things would work out for the best of the corporation.
Pros
Very nice place to work for the people at corporate is great.
Overall has been a decent place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MI12 October 2015
Absolutely love the residents and cleaning for them so the have a nice place to live. My co-worker's show good teamwork.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done from administration.
Cons
Do to short work staff large work load at times.
stock controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP30 September 2015
Good company to work for with good people but with minimal development programmers in terms of career development within this merger company for some ethnic groups around to the senior vacancies
Pros
1h
Cons
lon
meet people from all walks of life;rotation of stock,getting rid of aging stock & sourcing new stock.
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, GP18 September 2015
sales in the motor industry is very rewarding during conducive economic times.having all basic requirements for a dealership in place to succeed can save one a lot of frustration when it comes to meeting targets.
Pros
company car/fuel;medical aid;pension attractive comissions
Cons
long hours & getting clients to qualify for finance from the banks
The people were great but there wasnt room for advancement.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alton, IL12 June 2015
Most days were pretty normal it was a fast paced job but they did a good job at traning you before they expected speed from you.It was a job that really taught you how to think on your feet.You had to be safe first and foremost but you had to be fast and accurate too.My co workers were really nice people that worked as a team,they were the best part of the job.
Pros
coworkers and supervisor
Cons
payscale
Place of work
Assistant Manager Inbound Planning (Current Employee) –  WC23 April 2015
A good place to work. Rewarding of hard work and dedication. It is a good place to gain good experience when it comes to Transport and Logistics.
i was very happy and the staff was also very open and willing to teach me new things
admin/reception (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GP21 April 2015
i start at 6:00 as the one lady had a overflow of work so icome in early for her to teach me the system in order to help her i have learn that team work is the best way to get every thing done , the management was very good open door policy and strick as far as deadlines was he thank me for my hard work and one evening we work untill 9:00 he arrange transport to take me home my co-worker was all very friendly and willing i work long hours with over time but i learn a lot when we made our target and finnish our work on time the manager will come and say thank you guys .
Pros
we got woolworths discounts when we buy