Imperial Tobacco Canada Employee Reviews

Great leadership experience
Trade Marketing Territory Manager - GTA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2016
It's a company that challenges you everyday to be at your best and grow professionally. the work experience and the skills you learn and earn are the cornerstones to build your leadership skills.
Pros
challenging, rewarding
Cons
work life balance
Poor Culture, Poor Management, Okay Pay, Rudderless sinking company
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BCJanuary 12, 2016
Poor management, no accountability, organization is drowning and its a sad sight, people are leaving in droves. Don't take a detour down this path you will regret it.
Pros
Free jacket
Great Place To Work? Maybe, Maybe Not
Head Office Marketing (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Negotiation, Stakeholder Management, Agency Relationship Management, Cost Effectiveness, Business Acumen, Prioritisation and Efficiency are few of many learnings throughout my career at Imperial Tobacco.
Great school to learn from with much opportunity to grow, although company is shrinking with many budget cuts and increased centralisation.
Engagement is low, culture and legacy is disappearing, budgets being slashed, leadership is weak but salary and benefits are high compared to the market although the gap is rapidly decreasing.
Young, fast-paced friendly work environment
ANALYST - MARKETING BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 19, 2015
There is no typical day at work. Various projects and analyses arise and we're constantly challenged to understand and improve performance.
Pros
Half-day Friday, good pension
Cons
Layoffs each year, salary repositioning
Be careful
National Key Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
dying industry, dying company, benefits and salaries going downhill. Would not recommend. Zero freedom and empowerment. Not good for your resume either.
Standard company to work for, decent pay, nothing that sets it apart from any other.
Trade Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta CanadaJuly 21, 2014
Tight timelines with monotonous activities, made more redundant by the constant re-doing of activities. We spend months getting pricing up to code with stores only to change prices in one category and start the whole project over again.
Outsourcing of Departments
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 6, 2014
Some departments are outsourced to Adecco. The difference of salary and benefits between the consultants and Imperial Tobacco employees is evident on a day to day basis. AVOID!!
Exciting job with everyday a new day and a new experience.
Trade Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Central NewfoundlandMay 7, 2013
I typically complete between 8 to 10 visits to retail stores within my territory of Central NL. In these accounts I aid in the management of the tobacco category and assist with many aspects of the business such as inventory control and pricing strategies.

Throughout my time with Imperial I have learned to effectively manage my time. My territory requires me to manage almost 200 stores across a vast geography. I have also learned the value of teamwork as we constantly use each others "best practices" to sell, distribute and negotiate in trade.

The most difficult aspect of the job is the geography that must be covered in a rural territory and the different market pockets that exist. Each account requires a different technique and tool box in order to complete the objectives at hand. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job as it keeps every day interesting and teaches one many different techniques and the adaptability required in order to succeed!
Pros
competitive salary, company vehicle, gas card, per diem
Cons
drive time
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 16, 2013
Not far from where i use to live. Gym was available for employees.
Best part about the job was developing relationships with retailers and business owners
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeMarch 7, 2013
Managed a territory of 100+ accounts within the Etobicoke area.

2.7