Imperial Tobacco Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor Culture, Poor Management, Okay Pay, Rudderless sinking company
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BCJanuary 12, 2016
Poor management, no accountability, organization is drowning and its a sad sight, people are leaving in droves. Don't take a detour down this path you will regret it.
Pros
Free jacket
Cigarette sales
Alternative Channel : Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2012
Working autonomously in a 60-ish store territory with 8 other team members under the district manager. Management is non-communicative unless giving directives, and is VERY slow with data and information, which creates problems with quarterly targets, goals, etc.

Most enjoyable was the freedom afforded to employees to interpret their territory as they see fit. Most trying was management involvement in individual territory plans (ie. doesn't acknowledge territorial differences).
Pros
half day fridays during the summer, company vehicle and gas provided, regional meetings in good locations, full benefits
Cons
corporate culture, lack of/untimely data and information, poor training, poor team atmosphere, not intellectual, limited vertical mobility.
Exciting job with everyday a new day and a new experience.
Trade Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Central NewfoundlandMay 7, 2013
I typically complete between 8 to 10 visits to retail stores within my territory of Central NL. In these accounts I aid in the management of the tobacco category and assist with many aspects of the business such as inventory control and pricing strategies.

Throughout my time with Imperial I have learned to effectively manage my time. My territory requires me to manage almost 200 stores across a vast geography. I have also learned the value of teamwork as we constantly use each others "best practices" to sell, distribute and negotiate in trade.

The most difficult aspect of the job is the geography that must be covered in a rural territory and the different market pockets that exist. Each account requires a different technique and tool box in order to complete the objectives at hand. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job as it keeps every day interesting and teaches one many different techniques and the adaptability required in order to succeed!
Pros
competitive salary, company vehicle, gas card, per diem
Cons
drive time
Be careful
National Key Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
dying industry, dying company, benefits and salaries going downhill. Would not recommend. Zero freedom and empowerment. Not good for your resume either.
Young, fast-paced friendly work environment
ANALYST - MARKETING BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 19, 2015
There is no typical day at work. Various projects and analyses arise and we're constantly challenged to understand and improve performance.
Pros
Half-day Friday, good pension
Cons
Layoffs each year, salary repositioning
Outsourcing of Departments
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 6, 2014
Some departments are outsourced to Adecco. The difference of salary and benefits between the consultants and Imperial Tobacco employees is evident on a day to day basis. AVOID!!
Standard company to work for, decent pay, nothing that sets it apart from any other.
Trade Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta CanadaJuly 21, 2014
Tight timelines with monotonous activities, made more redundant by the constant re-doing of activities. We spend months getting pricing up to code with stores only to change prices in one category and start the whole project over again.
Best part about the job was developing relationships with retailers and business owners
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeMarch 7, 2013
Managed a territory of 100+ accounts within the Etobicoke area.
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 16, 2013
Not far from where i use to live. Gym was available for employees.

2.9