Imperial Tobacco Canada

Imperial Tobacco Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outsourcing of Departments
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 6, 2014
Some departments are outsourced to Adecco. The difference of salary and benefits between the consultants and Imperial Tobacco employees is evident on a day to day basis. AVOID!!
Exciting job with everyday a new day and a new experience.
Trade Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee), Central NewfoundlandMay 7, 2013
Pros: competitive salary, company vehicle, gas card, per diem
Cons: drive time
I typically complete between 8 to 10 visits to retail stores within my territory of Central NL. In these accounts I aid in the management of the tobacco category and assist with many aspects of the business such as inventory control and pricing strategies.

Throughout my time with Imperial I have learned to effectively manage my time. My territory requires – more... me to manage almost 200 stores across a vast geography. I have also learned the value of teamwork as we constantly use each others "best practices" to sell, distribute and negotiate in trade.

The most difficult aspect of the job is the geography that must be covered in a rural territory and the different market pockets that exist. Each account requires a different technique and tool box in order to complete the objectives at hand. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job as it keeps every day interesting and teaches one many different techniques and the adaptability required in order to succeed! – less
Best part about the job was developing relationships with retailers and business owners
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), EtobicokeMarch 7, 2013
Managed a territory of 100+ accounts within the Etobicoke area.
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2013
Not far from where i use to live. Gym was available for employees.
Cigarette sales
Alternative Channel : Account Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2012
Pros: half day fridays during the summer, company vehicle and gas provided, regional meetings in good locations, full benefits
Cons: corporate culture, lack of/untimely data and information, poor training, poor team atmosphere, not intellectual, limited vertical mobility.
Working autonomously in a 60-ish store territory with 8 other team members under the district manager. Management is non-communicative unless giving directives, and is VERY slow with data and information, which creates problems with quarterly targets, goals, etc.

Most enjoyable was the freedom afforded to employees to interpret their territory as they – more... see fit. Most trying was management involvement in individual territory plans (ie. doesn't acknowledge territorial differences). – less