Imperial Tobacco Canada Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work? Maybe, Maybe Not
Head Office Marketing (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2015
Negotiation, Stakeholder Management, Agency Relationship Management, Cost Effectiveness, Business Acumen, Prioritisation and Efficiency are few of many learnings throughout my career at Imperial Tobacco.
Great school to learn from with much opportunity to grow, although company is shrinking with many budget cuts and increased centralisation.
Engagement is low, culture and legacy is disappearing, budgets being slashed, leadership is weak but salary and benefits are high compared to the market although the gap is rapidly decreasing.
Cigarette sales
Alternative Channel : Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2012
Working autonomously in a 60-ish store territory with 8 other team members under the district manager. Management is non-communicative unless giving directives, and is VERY slow with data and information, which creates problems with quarterly targets, goals, etc.

Most enjoyable was the freedom afforded to employees to interpret their territory as they see fit. Most trying was management involvement in individual territory plans (ie. doesn't acknowledge territorial differences).
Pros
half day fridays during the summer, company vehicle and gas provided, regional meetings in good locations, full benefits
Cons
corporate culture, lack of/untimely data and information, poor training, poor team atmosphere, not intellectual, limited vertical mobility.
Exciting job with everyday a new day and a new experience.
Trade Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Central Newfoundland7 May 2013
I typically complete between 8 to 10 visits to retail stores within my territory of Central NL. In these accounts I aid in the management of the tobacco category and assist with many aspects of the business such as inventory control and pricing strategies.

Throughout my time with Imperial I have learned to effectively manage my time. My territory requires me to manage almost 200 stores across a vast geography. I have also learned the value of teamwork as we constantly use each others "best practices" to sell, distribute and negotiate in trade.

The most difficult aspect of the job is the geography that must be covered in a rural territory and the different market pockets that exist. Each account requires a different technique and tool box in order to complete the objectives at hand. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job as it keeps every day interesting and teaches one many different techniques and the adaptability required in order to succeed!
Pros
Competitive Salary, Company Vehicle, Gas Card, Per Diem
Cons
Drive Time
Young, fast-paced friendly work environment
ANALYST - MARKETING BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2015
There is no typical day at work. Various projects and analyses arise and we're constantly challenged to understand and improve performance.
Pros
Half-day Friday, good pension
Cons
Layoffs each year, salary repositioning
Be careful
National Key Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2015
dying industry, dying company, benefits and salaries going downhill. Would not recommend. Zero freedom and empowerment. Not good for your resume either.
Poor Culture, Poor Management, Okay Pay, Rudderless sinking company
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BC12 January 2016
Poor management, no accountability, organization is drowning and its a sad sight, people are leaving in droves. Don't take a detour down this path you will regret it.
Pros
Free jacket
Outsourcing of Departments
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2014
Some departments are outsourced to Adecco. The difference of salary and benefits between the consultants and Imperial Tobacco employees is evident on a day to day basis. AVOID!!
Standard company to work for, decent pay, nothing that sets it apart from any other.
Trade Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta Canada21 July 2014
Tight timelines with monotonous activities, made more redundant by the constant re-doing of activities. We spend months getting pricing up to code with stores only to change prices in one category and start the whole project over again.
Best part about the job was developing relationships with retailers and business owners
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke7 March 2013
Managed a territory of 100+ accounts within the Etobicoke area.
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2013
Not far from where i use to live. Gym was available for employees.

2.7