Imperial Oil Employee Reviews

This was one of my favourite contracts I ever had
Safety Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 October 2017
I loved this contract, was very disappointed when it ended. I loved the Kearl Lake site and imperial, they stand for a true safety culture, they don't just talk the talk they walk the walk. would go back there today!
Would work here again
Administrative Assistant in Well Servicing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2017
The workplace culture was phenomenal. Right from day 1 I was made to feel part of the team, and this continues right until my leave. The most difficult part was the early start hours, as I had to juggle children leaving for the school bus and transportation to downtown to arrive on time.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Downtown location was difficult
Very serious workplace
Mineral Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
People were friendly enough however I felt like it was hard to advance within the company with a Univeristy Degree (I had a technical diploma). Overall a satisfactory place to work.
Pros
Usually not much threat of lay-offs in downturns
Cons
No bonus structure
Great place to further develop your career
Thermal Reservoir Engineer - Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
I did a couple of work terms with the company. I enjoyed the work provided to me and feel like I was contributing to the success of the company. The work environment is great and you are on a learning path every day.
very professional and competitive company.
Payment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 July 2017
The business environment was cutting edge technology and well trained and qualified personnel. Plenty of opportunity for skills training and team development which were supported by company.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 July 2017
Great place for working as a mechanic. Crews have many different cultures and people get along with all contractors as well. Everyone is treated with respect.
Excellent employer
Maintenance. Planner/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
Competitive salaries, opportunities for advancement, good benefits packages. Strong commitment to safety and environment, Good work environment due to a very strong employee base of very easy to work with personal
Pros
All the items mentioned in review
work envioment is great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 May 2017
the work environment is great I had fun at work and got the job done. the down fall was the job Is not secure and advancement is very difficult when your a contractor and not an employee
productive
Process Quality Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 May 2017
good place to work. very good management. Safety plays a high priority. very friendly atmosphere. Long hours given to safe way of working. Delay in attending to some repair works due to large organisational chain.
Pros
good culture
Cons
Delay in attending to some repair works
Very organized progressive daily activities
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB24 May 2017
Refined facility from start to finish of the day.
Provides the necessities with the above average camp life with reasonable turn arounds to provide a balance family life.
Cons
Jack and jill bath rooms
Great experience in terms of learning
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2017
Experience was great in terms of learning. There is always a lot of work to do and there are high expectations from you. Great salary and many benefits.
Productive and fun place to work with Baseketball court.
SAP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
My work was enjoyable because I have to do different assignment, I have to work with the planners in my group. I love to go to work everyday, and the work environment is safe. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we have a 10mins stretches.
Front Line Supervisor Imperial Oil field Supervisor
Front Line Supervisor Imperial Oil (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON23 March 2017
I enjoyed my time there as a Front Line Supervisor Imperial Oil working with contractors . Supervisor very good to work with . Colleges promote supportive work environment. Safety is ah high level second to none.
Pros
Training
Cons
Job hazards
very safety concious
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB2 March 2017
I was just working for a subcontractor while on an Esso site but they seemed like a great company who were very interested in the safety and well being of their employees.
Pros
well paying and appreicitave.
Cons
dailey commute
Great Team work
Senior Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Calgary2 March 2017
Enjoyed training and helping people. Expert in SAP.
Buyer for 4 years. Trained employees in Halifax, Sarnia, Cold Lake, Toronto, St.John's, Montreal and Thailand
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Stressing
Well Disciplined
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 February 2017
As a process tech you are well trained and prepared for your task, good schedule, good benefits, good pay. Prospurous future I believe.
good institute
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2017
good company to work. relaxed work culture. workload is not very much. everyone cooperative and helpful. overall good to start career.
Collaborative work environment amongst team members. Long hours required to be recognized and rewarded for efforts.
Retail Sales - Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto6 February 2017
Imperial Oil offered continuous learning and developments of skills throughout career through on-the-job and corporate training. Fostered the "individual contributor" environment in a corporate setting. Enjoyed the daily challenges of relationship management, growing the business and flawless executions of customer service, operations, safety and site performance measures.
Pros
Benefits, Peers and co-workers, many positions are work-from-home office.
Cons
Work-life balance, Long hours, quantity of work equal in importance to quality to be recognized.
a great group of guys to work with.
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta Canada12 January 2017
The most important thing was safety first. The well being of the men and women on the job. For example: And by the way this is true. If it took 12 hours to make the job safe for a 15 minute job! Then that's what it took. Like I was saying, the well being of the men and women was there top concern. I'm not saying they didn't want the job completed, cause they did. But it was done right and safe.
Pros
They were always giving out safety awards to everybody, I mit and its was quaility items at that.
Cons
It was cold.lol
Great challenging Career
Facility Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NS23 November 2016
Imperial Oil is an excellent company that provides a professional, technical, challenging safe work environment. It was an honour to work in such an environment and I fully enjoyed my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial Oil. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2