The Intern will work with Deal Team members in the following respects:
1. Industry Research: Identifying industry sectors that have better than average economics, preferably with fragmented industry structures that are suitable for leveraged acquisitions. You will work with team members to make a determination as to which industry sectors should be targeted by Imperial Capital and then report your findings to the rest of the investment team to seek approval for investing in the particular sector. This will involve reviewing industry information, discussions with security analysts, discussions with executives, consultants, etc. in order to get a better grasp of the industry and determine trending and industry issues.
2. Deal Generation: Once an industry sector has been identified and approval has been obtained to pursue the industry, the intern will be responsible for creating a database of potential acquisition candidates.
3. Transaction Support: Once an acquisition candidate has been identified, you will work with team members to analyze the opportunity, which will include the following:
a. Undertaking research in the industry niche.
The candidate should possess the following experience/background:
- Finance/Accounting major is preferred
- Applicable prior business experience (financial advisory, banking, investment banking, private equity, etc.) is considered an asset
- Computer Literate, especially with respect to Excel and presentations (Microsoft Office environment and Capital IQ)
- Strong social skills: team player, outspoken, collaborative, intellectual curiosity
- Fluent in English
Application deadline date: April 20, 2013
Expected start date: ASAP
Anticipated term of assignment: 3 months with possibility of extension
**Please note: Only applications submitted through this method will be considered, please do not contact specific individuals in the company.