Impark Employee Reviews in Canada

It's a nice place to work....except being replaced by metres
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 7, 2016
I have to admit....If you can get a permanent posting (weekly schedule then stays permanent) then the benefits are excellent (even as a parking attendant) wage isn't too bad either. But now with silly machines taking over; not alot of work outside of summer months (especially for auxiliary staff)

I've put in about 10 years or so, and instead of finally getting a full time (at this point would settle for even part time) permanent posting all I am hearing from my boss is (I don't have additional hours to give out) yeah I know....metres and more metres

So yeah; if you are looking just to fill in some gaps in your week (or in some cases in the month) this job is a good fit for sure. If you need something stable and on going....then I suggest you look elsewhere.

But itherwise; the work is great....very relaxed. Management is pretty good....Co-workers are so so (good luck switching shifts with one who has a morning shift)

But all in all it's a good place......with low hours
Pros
not bothered much by supervisors, relaxing, auxiliary staff have flexibility
Cons
Metres, less and less hours available
fun summer job
parking supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
wasn't long but it was fun while it lasted.
pan am is the best.
it was fun to be a part of the one time event in Toronto.
The working environment and the people were great and also great management.
Fun workplace with terrible management and no job security
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 8, 2016
I worked there for 8 months and had been taking the most amount of calls, and also collecting the most amount of money for payments of notices and one day they just let me go "without cause".
Great co-workers, competitive salary and supportive managers
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
It depends on which parking lot site, but my experience with the company was great. The only reason I am not working there still consistently is because the job is unionized you may get bumped from your schedule or moved around to another lot.

This wouldn't affect you in a management role and the head office and corporate side of the business is fantastic from my perspective.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with upset customers, some people can really take it out on you. The most enjoyable is the co-workers and the straight forward shifts.
Pros
No overtime, shifts that fit any schedule, Independance
Cons
Irate customers, shifts at all times (overnight, early shifts), No overtime
Great people
Patrol/ parking booth. (Current Employee) –  HalifaxSeptember 16, 2015
Great people, I'm mean just awesome coworkers, basically your best friends, but there are a number of small things that could be done better such as communications and maybe a better pay, although from what I understand your pay and workplace experience differs from city to city
Pros
Very little pressure and a safe environment
Cons
Pay is low and not unionized
Not a career progressing environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2015
- Company is very unorganized
- Upper management team is not helpful
- Company environment is very destructive
- No opportunity to progress within company
- Very political environment
- Work hours are flexible
Cons
long hours - poor upper management
Terrible Place
IT (Former Employee) –  VancouverJuly 21, 2015
Do not work for the company. They do not follow up on anything they claim to stand for, Look elsewhere this company will not back you when your boss starts bullying you.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
Everything else
Ottawa Impark
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
Great team. Know how to have fun while getting things done. Play fair. Easy to find advancement with dedication and commitment.
Pros
Staff Events Communication
Cons
Certain work locations not ideal
freindly
HOST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
loved working with my co workers not all the time but most of the time.lovely management. friendly staff. good pay.
fun part was always get to work in stresfree environment
Friendly and fun working evironment
Lot Assistance CSR/Cashier Line (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 24, 2015
My working environment is fun and friendly. Every day I am learning a lot of things. My interpersonal and communication skills did expand. If there's one thing I'm struggling with on my job is sleep because I work graveyards, but all in all, the management is great and fun! The most enjoyable part of the job is the service you give with your customers.
Pros
Free foods on every occassion. Games, activities, discounts.
Cons
Long hours at work.
Cashier's job reasonably good
Garage Attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2015
Currently the company is converting from employees to pay stations at it's lots, so there is a lot of bumping for fewer positions. .Reasonably good place to work as a cashier.
Calgary office is toxic
Private (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Stay away! Don't let the interviews fool you. One of the most highly toxic environments I've been in. Office staff are overworked, under paid, and are treated disrespectfully. Head office doesn't care and won't do anything about it.
Pros
work flexibility, secured toxic job
Cons
everything else!
Fun work place but lack of days to work, especially in winter.
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 16, 2014
A typical day is parking cars at Goldeyes and Jets games and greeting for concerts, security patrol and traffic. My co-workers and direct supervisor are good to be around and for the most part do their job to the best of their ability. The hardest part of my job is at the gravel parking lot we use for Goldeyes because it is moon-shaped I have to park cars at a specific angle and when we're busy, it's hard to get that precise angle quickly to move on to the next car.
The most enjoyable part is learning about the cultures of some of my co-workers.
Pros
salary and benefits due to being unionized
Cons
lack of days with work
cost ofliving increases only
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2014
Multi tasking overlap answering calls and phones with customer issues. Email replies to variety of customer requests.

Fun helping guests to pay or save money on bookings.
hard working and team oriented
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2014
A typical day at work would be, arrive at 4 pm, check in and start my shift. My daily duty required directing customers to parking spots, communication with customers, and sometimes selling tickets to customers. And I usually finished at around 8 pm checking out.

What I learn at Impark is that the customer should be treated with the upright respect and that the growth of a company is based on the production of its workers.

Management was amazing with the employees on a daily basis.

The hardest part about working at Impark would have to be that once in a while some of the customers weren't as appealing or accepting as you would expect.

The most enjoyable park about working at Impark was all the new friends that I was able to make.
Pros
employees, free parking space
Productive, interactive & challenging
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2014
The level of interaction with every department at the Airport and the variety of tasks needed to be done, is what I love most about my job. The assortment of activities that can pop up within the day keeps me on my toes.
Pros
interaction with all departments in management & support staff
Cons
having to get replaced for bathroom breaks. not always available.
I like working there but need more hours.
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2014
I like meeting other people

I enjoy helping others by helping them park their cars
Cons
not enough hours
An employer that creates job acceleration
Professional Paking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Tunney's PastureFebruary 11, 2014
Employment with this company is very rewarding.
IMPARK employees knit together like family. One door closes as another opens, advancing in many directions within the company and learning many things along the way making richer knowledge and education valuable too employees.
productive and safe enviroment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2013
It was very enjoyable and convenient working at impark. It was located near the subway station and was easy to get home at night.
Pros
easy task
Cons
salary to low
An easy, nonstressful job.
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 28, 2013
Directing cars and trucks into parking spots, very straight forward.
Taking money for parking in a booth, very comfortable.
I'm learning how to get the most amount of vehicles sufficiently in the lot in a timely and effectively matter.
The management seems very nice and happy to work for them.
I love working with such good co-workers and friends, makes the job fun and goes by better.
The hardest part of the job would be standing for long periods of time, or weather conditions.
What I enjoy most is the smooth and steady pace of parking cars.