Supporting the Vision, Mission and Values of ImpactBC:
The Executive Assistant will report to the CEO and work closely with the Board of Directors. The duties of the position combine executive support, general administrative support, and external liaison.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support by performing duties such as managing shifting calendars, drafting routine and non- routine correspondence, generating complex and detailed reports and presentations, responding to sensitive internal and external inquiries, coordinating the office workflow, and implementing new work methods and procedures.
The Executive Assistant acts as an administrative link between the CEO and the Board of Directors, outside agencies and the public.
- Manages shifting appointment calendars including scheduling and coordinating meetings, speaking engagements and/ or conferences, Resolves scheduling conflicts and issues.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support by drafting routine and non-routine correspondence; typing and transcribing correspondence, reports, presentations and memoranda. Receive, review and distribute correspondence.
- Receives, reviews and prioritizes confidential and sensitive information of varying complexity. Follows up with Directors and others in the organization to obtain information. Prepares response for resolution on issues; advises CEO of status and outcome.
- Researches, organizes and summarizes support materials. Independently generates complex and detailed reports and presentations.
- Provides general office support by coordinating workflow, identifying problems, developing and implementing new work methods and procedures.
- Provides financial support, including preparing and printing cheques, entering data into Quickbooks and submitting payroll.
- Arranges meetings as directed, including booking meeting rooms, preparing agendas, organizing meeting materials, recording and preparing minutes and following up on action items.
- Supports preparations for board meetings; attends board meetings and drafts minutes of meetings.
- Performs record management duties including setting up and maintaining filing systems and databases, indexing files, and conducting file searches for requested information.
- In collaboration with Program Assistants, provides general office support, including answering telephones, coordinating office supplies, shipping/receiving courier packages.
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized administrative or secretarial program
- 5 years' recent related senior administrative experience in a complex business or health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Advanced MS Office computer skills, primarily Word and Outlook and a strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint ; experience with QuickBooks essential
- Excellent written and spoken business English skills including comprehension and proof-reading
- Demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm for work, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to anticipate needs, work independently and manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrates capacity to organize and prioritize tasks, problem solve and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to be a team player, as well as work autonomously with little supervision
- Demonstrates a professional, positive attitude and a strong commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels of work
Please follow application instructions carefully.
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF to jobs(at)impactbc.ca. To view our website, please see www.impactbc.ca
Closing date for this position is Monday, July 8 at noon.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Impact Health Improvement Action Society of British Columbia (ImpactBC) is a registered non-profit organization headquartered in...