Director, Engagement and Improvement provides leadership and direction for the planning, design, strategies, implementation and delivery of patient and public engagement as well as quality improvement programs and services.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director leads the programs at a provincial or organization level, in collaboration with partners.
The Director, Engagement and Improvement develops operational plans and works with the Ministry of Health, Health Authorities, patients, physicians, academic partners, and other health improvement organizations to develop and deliver services. Creates and optimizes the organization’s operational infrastructure including business processes, standard operating procedures, systems and documentation. This position strategically manages and coordinates cross functional and inter-departmental collaboration and communication for delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Leads the operational planning and delivery of patient and public engagement and quality improvement with provincial government and non-governmental partners. Leads, manages and contributes to strategic initiatives and other projects to ensure they are successfully taken from conception to completion. Ensures the successful execution of initiatives through effective project management methodologies.
- Collaborates with program and service delivery leaders to communicate program needs and outcomes, and to address service delivery requirements. Provides leadership to support the Quality Improvement and Patient and Public Partnership teams in establishing partnerships with key stakeholders, including Ministry of Health, Health Authorities, BCMA, physicians, patients, academic partners and other health related organizations.
- Provides financial leadership to ensure that the patient and public engagement and quality improvement programs are managed and operated within the financial mandate. Contributes to the development of the annual business plan submitted to the Board of Directors. Reports on projected outcomes and status.
- Oversees planning and development of policies to provide guidance and a framework for integration of quality improvement and patient/public engagement, and develops effective service delivery models that promote integration.
- Represents ImpactBC in the community and fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. Collaborates with leaders of health service organizations to support improvement and engagement initiatives as well as promote and build improvement and engagement capacity and capability within the province. Identifies and responds to opportunities to raise the profile and reputation of ImpactBC, and promotes its work and outputs at external events.
- Ensures performance management criteria form the basis of program metrics and individual performance plans. Provides leadership in the development of criteria and reporting of outcomes.
- Provides leadership to support the well-being and safety of staff through effective feedback, retention strategies, work practices that support work/life balance and encouragement of personal and professional development. Champions ImpactBC values to ensure an environment of integrity, mutual respect and cooperation.
- Masters Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or a related discipline, with 5-7 years recent related experience in progressively senior leadership roles
- Budgeting, managing strategic and operational projects, and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development.
- Experience applying superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes.
- Sound business acumen in managing the fiscal resources of assigned programs/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills to manage teams in a manner that fosters a motivational and respectful environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in quality improvement and citizen engagement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Excellent written and public speaking skills for planned as well as spontaneous meetings with individuals or groups
We invite interested, qualified candidates to submit their resume and cover letter in one PDF by end of day on Wednesday, April 10, 2013. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants however only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago