Position Title: Operations Manager
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Impact Recruitment has been retained by our valued client Louisiana-Pacific Corp., in their search for a business oriented Operations Manager to oversee the production of their OSB plant in Fort St. John, British Columbia. This is a key leadership position that will require this individual to lead the facility towards exceeding its performance objectives with regards to safety, product quality, budgetary compliance and environmental stewardship.
We are seeking someone who is excited about the ability to manage a large production team in order to maximize the output and profitability of the facility. This individual will be placed on an accelerated succession plan to move into a Plant Manager role within the next 2 years.
One of the key areas of responsibility for this individual is future planning for the facility, which will include capital upgrades and succession planning. Identifying internal leaders to receive onsite training and complete professional development activities is crucial to sustain the performance levels of the facility. Louisiana-Pacific has also placed a strong emphasis on teamwork, and as such, is seeking a leader with a collaborative management style.
Overall, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual to achieve a long term career with future growth potential for the largest OSB manufacturer in the world.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the plant’s production including:
- Ensuring the corporate business objectives are achieved, while operating within the company’s policies
- Creating and implementing milestones and business objectives for the mill
- Implementing the company’s philosophy and culture to the plant, including aspects of teamwork, safety and environmental practices
- Developing the operating budgets for the facility
- Overseeing departmental compliance with the operating budget
- Acting as a mentor and coach to the members of the plant’s management team and operational staff
Requirements and Qualifications
Candidates applying to this position must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a senior management position at a wood products manufacturing facility
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of Canada’s forestry industry
- Knowledge of safety procedures and environmental management systems
- Strong leadership skills and a desire to grow a winning team
How to Proceed
Impact Recruitment will be reviewing all the applications for this position. Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: 931.IMPACT[at]hiredesk.net, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Christine Brandner for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us, as such all applications are kept strictly confidential and we will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about your career goals and some of the other companies that we work with that can help you achieve those goals.