Position Title: 2nd Class Power Engineer
Salary: 90-95K plus bonus
Location: Golden BC
Our Client is a Natural Resource Company that creates products used primarily in new construction. The company’s products are sold through distributors, dealers, professional lumberyards, and retail home centers.
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to move into an Assistant Chief Engineer role.
This role reports to the Chief Engineer and Plant Manager
The 2nd Class Power Engineer leads a shift of the Power and Recovery Team in the plant. Specific duties are;
- Supervises and trains shift personnel in the safe and efficient operation of the boiler, turbine and related process equipment for the supply of energy for mill requirements and electrical generation
- Assumes responsibility for all steam supply and condensate returns to all areas of the operation.
- Responsible for the entire plant fire protection systems while on shift
- Assists in maintaining the accident prevention program which will develop a positive attitude towards safety
- Operate turbine/gen set making load changes or switching as required including start-ups and shutdowns
- Operation of water treatment plant an oversees water treatment program to ensure limits and parameters for boiler, condensate and cooling water systems are strictly adhered to per chemical action plan while on shift
- Responsible for the maintenance of various tasks and projects as assigned by the Chief Engineer
- Maintains environmental standards and ensure applicable rules and regulations are in compliance.
- Assists with scheduled shut downs in a support role or assigned as a team leader
- Participates in Powerhouse Supervisors meetings
- Maintains adequate records as required by Company and external regulatory agencies
- Ensures Boilers and Pressure Vessels Act is complied with at all times
- Maintains daily records, logbook entries, accurate production records and tabulation of monthly reports. On shift supervision and responsibility of shift personnel ensuring that their duties are performed safely and efficiently. Including personnel from other departments as well as Contractors
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
The Power/Recovery team run the plant's Boiler/power systems. Steam is produced to power the plant by burning hogged fuel(wood chips etc. that come from the milling process or other sawmills). Excess power is sold to BC Hydro and uploaded onto the BC grid.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Operated a hogged fuel or solid fuel(coal) boiler previously
- Leadership experience previously
- Power Engineering Degree/Certificate
- Previous experience in plywood/OSB or wood products manufacturing
- Prior experience specifically with a Babck & Wilcox Boiler is an asset
90-95K Salary plus overtime
Dental; Extended Medical; MSP Paid; Paid Overtime; Paramedicals; Pension; RRSP; Tuition Reimbursement
Ideal Start Date: ASAP
Reason Position is Open: Vacancy
How to Proceed
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: 785.impact at hirdesk.net, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Eric Fenyedi for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us, as such all applications are kept strictly confidential and we will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about your career goals and some of the other companies that we work with that can help you achieve those goals.