- Post-secondary certificate in the social services field and/or combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Life skills counselling experience is an asset
- Experience working with newcomer population including an awareness of diversity issues and an ability to work within a cross-cultural perspective
- Experience in the development, planning, evaluation and facilitation of programs for newcomers
- Knowledge of community resources (service providers, agencies, schools, and other stake-holders) available to newcomers impacted by crime, isolation, poverty, violence, language barriers.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Open attitude such as non judgemental attitude, accepting people’s personal and culture differences.
- Ability to deal with crisis situations in an appropriate manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluency in a second or third language an asset)
- Basic computer and administrative skills
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
- A valid driver’s licence and a vehicle is a requirement.
- To assist women in accessing and connecting to appropriate community resources.
- To help empower women to advocate for themselves and to advocate on their behalf as needed.
- Administrative duties as required.
Job Status: Term Position Ending March 31, 2014 (potential for extension)
Part Time - 20 hours /week *flexible hours evenings and weekends
Salary Range: $15 - $17 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Start Date: Monday August 12, 2013
Indeed - 7 months ago
Non Profit Organization, offering community social services to immigrant and refugee families