Immigrant Services Calgary is seeking a Program Development/Counseling Team Leader for the Immigrant Language and Vocational Assessment - Referral Centre. The Program Development/Counseling Team Leader will take responsibility for the development of and smooth program(s) operations and providing daily leadership to the Counseling Team as well as to guide ILVARC beneficiaries by assisting with assessing needs, providing information, and promoting informed action with regard to ESL options and career planning choices. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) permanent position, reporting to the Director of ILVARC.
Program Development Duties (under the direction of ILVARC Director):
- Participate in the strategic planning related to the mandate of ILVARC based on the emerging language and career counseling needs of adult immigrants
- Actively seek and pursue opportunities to enhance the scope of ILVARC programs, including leading, assisting with and writing funding proposals and reports
- Conduct research as needed on immigration, social and labour market trends to support program development
- Actively contribute to the creation and implementation of programs relevant to the mandate of ILVARC
- Ensure that all ILVARC programs are running smoothly by carrying out periodic needs assessments for program staff and external stakeholders, and responding to any operational needs identified
- Act as the ILVARC liaison for all service providers, including handling correspondence with internal and external audiences and LINC/ESL providers, and being involved in the Advisory Committee and Needs and Trends Sessions
- Maintain and develop relationships with external stakeholders
Counseling Team Leading Duties:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations related to the Counseling Team’s mandate, including but not limited to:
- Counseling appointment scheduling
- Monitor waiting lists
- Client intake procedures/needs assessment and LINC eligibility criteria
- Ensure follow up procedure
- Records Management
- Supervise and direct the activity of the Counseling Team’s staff consistent with their prescribed job descriptions.
- Provide for new staff orientation and training, and for general career development and training of continuing staff on the Counseling Team
- Complete probationary and annual performance evaluations for Counseling Team staff.
- Prepare reports in a timely and accurate manner as required by funders to ensure compliance with established guidelines including the identification of clients’ needs and trends.
- Maintain an accurate and current knowledge base concerning ESL programs, as well as training and academic upgrading opportunities available to clients of ILVARC.
- Perform other duties to as requested by the Director of ILVARC to lead to the smooth functioning of the Centre.
- University degree in Education, Social Science or related areas
- Experience in report and proposal writing
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience in individual counselling and group activities
- Knowledge of ESL/Career programs and community resources
- Multicultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent work ethics.
- Availability for work up to two evenings per week and occasional weekends.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Immigrant Services Calgary appreciates the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada while also understanding the difficult...