The Director of ILVARC will take responsibility for the leadership and management of the Immigrant Language and Vocational Assessment-Referral Centre (ILVARC), and perform all executive functions related to its maintenance and development under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer of ISC.
Management and administration
- Coordinate all functions related to the Centre’s mandate, staffing, funding, budgeting, planning and forecasting and day-to-day management.
- Supervise and direct the activities of all Centre staff consistent with their prescribed job descriptions.
- Plan for staffing, interview and hire staff in collaboration with the Human Resources Department to meet staffing requirements
- Provide orientation and training for staff new and facilitate general career development and training of continuing staff at the Centre.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for Centre staff.
- Oversee accurate and timely completion of administrative policies and procedures including time-sheets, requests for leave, mileage, illness and others
- Oversee the maintenance of data handling and data management system, and the reporting requirements of its funders: Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Alberta Human Services.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures for client and data processing are followed and that proper office records are maintained.
- Prepare reports in a timely and accurate manner as required by funders to ensure compliance with established guidelines and accountability frameworks.
- Ensure adequate follow-up procedures for client referrals are maintained.
- Ensure long range planning for the Centre’s operation based on the emergent language and career counseling needs of adult immigrants as well as changing immigration trends and social policies
- Participate, as a member of the Executive and Senior Management team, in the affairs and activities of the Society at-large under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer of ISC.
- Plan, prepare, monitor and control the Centre’s budget.
- Oversee expenditures in the areas of financial, material and human resources.
- Oversee and protect the Centre’s assets
- Promote the Center’s activities in the community. Includes liaison and collaboration with LINC/ESL providers, funders, community-based agencies, and relevant professional organizations as required to fulfill the mandate of the Centre.
- Ensure effective communication with LINC/ESL and other relevant service providers
- Participate in the maintenance and activities of the Advisory Committee to the Centre.
- Facilitate Needs and Trends Sessions
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, ESL or relevant field
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Experience in staff supervision as well as project and financial planning and management
- Knowledge of and experience in proposal and report writing
- Good knowledge of computer applications
- Experience working with multicultural families
- Second language an asset
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Availability for work up to two evenings per week and occasional weekends
Please email your résumé and cover letter by November 18, 2013 to:
Immigrant Services Calgary
#1200, 910 – 7th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3N8
Thank you for your interest. Due to the high volume of applications only candidates short-listed will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Immigrant Services Calgary appreciates the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada while also understanding the difficult...