Imasco Minerals, Inc., a leading-edge mineral processing and manufacturing firm in Surrey, has a permanent long term opening for a highly motivated individual as a Quality Technician. Imasco Minerals is a progressive firm focused on exceptional products and exemplary customer service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in the continual development and fulfillment of Production and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Develop and implement Quality/Food Safety, HAACP and process measurement programs.
- Monitor product safety and quality, production process and practice to ensure the compliance to established procedures and customer standards.
- Perform production line QA functions.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform and assist in administrating internal and external lab testing and test result documenting.
- Participate or assist in employee Quality training.
- Participate in compliance of Health regulations and customer’s requirements through filling out documentation, and /or inspections or audits of the facility to ensure food ingredient safety and quality standards are met.
- Production and Process Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products.
- Establish reports and trends and communicate deficiencies.
- Inspect incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods to approve, disapprove their release; administrate record and verity all external or suppliers documents.
- Participate or assist in external audits.
- Document non-conformance records and corrective actions.
- Assist in handling customer complaints.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications
- B.SC or college diploma in Quality Control/Food Science or related fields
- At least 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in industrial food manufacturing specializing in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control activities a definite asset
- Practical working knowledge of occupational health and safety standards an asset
- Comfortable using a variety of tools and measuring devices.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, Prerequisite Programs and GMP’s
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a cross functional team environment.
- Math skills and analytical skills.
This position is full time, day shift. Imasco offers a very competitive compensation & benefits package.
Indeed - 6 months ago