Company: Image Media Farm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Controller/Accountant
ABOUT IMAGE MEDIA FARM
Image Media Farm is a leading film production service and broadcast equipment rental company. We have forged a solid reputation of bringing together talented and versatile personnel. We are currently looking for an assistant accountant to complement our accounting team. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, well organized and capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment. Your superior people skills and a strong work ethic will find their reward in IMF’s growing and flexible environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Checking purchase orders are for the correct company; purchase or rental; etc.
- Matching the invoices to purchase orders and verifying the information on them
- Inputting the invoices in to the accounting software
- Obtaining approvals for invoices from their respective sources
- Filing invoices with other payables
- Printing cheques to suppliers
- Checking codes, taxes, etc. of invoices before releasing to client.
- Creating invoices for IMF & Inspired from production summaries and quotes.
- Collection and follow up on overdue receivables
- Preparing Bank deposits
- Track quarterly asset purchases for IMF
- Prepare and monitor budgets for special projects as required by Producer, Executive Producer, or CEO
- Support the CFO and Controller with any additional needs including Quarterly Statements, Year End Statements, and working with the companies’ auditors
Petty Cash Reimbursements:
- Audit petty cash expenses and prepare them for signature
- Inputting and generating reimbursement cheques
- Collecting from Production Managers any messages, correspondence, billing and invoices for the companies
- Opening and dating mail received
- Can work in an environment that is growing and changing
- Knows or can learn AccountEdge
- Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
- Can work as part of a well organized team
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance concepts
- Enrolled in an accounting program (CMA, CGA)