IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Project Team
Project Team (Current Employee), KenastonOctober 29, 2012
Ikea is still currently under development. It is the biggest Ikea within Canada.
Retail part-time
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Good part-time job. Flexible work schedule was a positive.
Government co-op position.
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Typical government position. Good co-op position. Happy for the experience.
Great job,lots ofativites for workers
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2012
This is a good ompany to work for the pay is great and the people tha you work with are all very supportivate.

I enjoyed every part of this job
Productive and fun to learn about home furnishings.
Sales (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. staff lunches.
Cons: the early shift that i start at.
I have learned a great deal about myself and others during my many years of working here. There are many opportunities of advancement within the company. Managers and co workers all work together as a family. The hardest part of my job is getting the work done in a timely manner. The best part is the many diverse coworkers that I work with. We all bring a different learning experience and culture to the Ikea family.
Very good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: positive attitudes while working
Cons: sporadic hours, policies are not made clear.
Overall, IKEA was a great place to work. A typical day at work consisted of accepting basic customer returns, dealing with customer complaints, filling the hardware bins when needed. I learned a lot about the internal system that was used to complete the returns as well as "user roles" (customer complaints that needed to be rectified) within the system.

Management was excellent and my co-workers were always great to be around and very helpful when needed. Everyone always had a positive attitude while working. I gained a lot of close friends while working at IKEA.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the customers situations, but a solution was always found.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the customers face after I had assisted them with whatever needed to be done.
Fast pace envirnment with supportive co workers
Customer Service (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: benefits and offers
Cons: non fixed shift patern
Typical day- managing un expected peak alone during weekend
Learned about Ikea culture and hotline activities at restaurant
Management-Is fine. Helpful most of the time
Co worker- mostly helpful and active
Hardest part- managing un expected peak alone sometime during weekend and changing schedules
Enjoyable part- Fast and speed with challenge
An incredible concept company to begin career with.
Assistant Store Manager - Vaughan (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: value driven, diverse talent sought, team oriented solutions, non-bureacratic, simple, straight-forward management styles, fun environment.
Cons: small, flat canadian organization that has few opportunities for professional growth.
A matrix organization that taught me early that working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment develops the best business solutions. It is here that I developed a passion for seeking new ways to improve results, thinking outside the box, as the company values championed learning by doing, even making mistakes - to not to try something for fear of failure was worse than making the mistake.

I learned the value of low,first cost is paramount and the retailer has the obligation to help the vendor to best achieve it. This partnership between vendor and merchant/buyer has remained with me, and continues to foster long-term relationships with my vendor partners.

Great professional development offered for self-starters, an incredibly diverse company that was way ahead of its time.

A company that is value drive, guiding every coworkers actions, empowering each to deliver exceptional customer service.
Good place to work, friendly attitudes from all
Customer Service - Returns and Exchanges (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: learning curve is steep.
The returns dept is a heavy stress environment. The perks include the co-workers. I have the privilege of working with a diverse group of people. They each add to my experience. Yes there's conflict. Yes there are trials. I am fortunate in that my part time job is just that - a part time job. I learn as much as possible. I work as hard as I can. This is my ethic. So far I haven't personally experienced hardship other than thru my own ignorance. All-in-all... I love working at IKEA.
great people,fun times
receiving manager (Former Employee), Edmonton,AB. CanadaFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: the hr department(manager)
great place to work if you have the support of the HR department.If she does not like you ......you will be dismissed.
GREAT COMPANY, LOTS OF ACTIVITIES, BIG FAMILY
ACCOUNTS PAYABLES AND RECEIVABLES (Former Employee), BROSSARD, QUENovember 11, 2011
Pros: activities, fund raising, great working place
Cons: cutting jobs to be managed from usa
GREAT TEAM WORKING PLACE, LOVED WORKING THERE, GREAT MANAGEMENT, MAKES YOU WANT TO DO MORE.
Great work culture
Infrastructure Solution Architect (Former Employee), Helsingborg, SwedenJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexibility in working location
Cons: language
Learned Architecture and IKAF.
Learned Architecture for virtualize infrastructure
fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
Ikea is a home environment good to place to work and is challenging. you meet a lot of great staff and customers.

I serve customers on the tills, I have learned to use the tills and managing my own task. co workers were great.
5years
sales represntive (Current Employee), dubai festival cityJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: yes
Cons: some times
hard work
good type
of customer service
respetable
team worke
solving customer problems
with customer
Great work and learning experience
Delivery Truck Driver & assembly (Former Employee), Merriam, KSJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: enjoyed it, something good to wake up to each morning knowing that a had a good job to go to
Cons: communication
At IKEA I greeted people, went to their house and assembled their purchases.

I learned that if you put your mind to anything, you can do it. I never thought I could do what I did in learning to put things together.

The hardest part of my job was starting something I knew nothing about.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people
Inspiring and innovative organistaion
Project Manager (Current Employee), Travel across UK and Ireland (Based Glasgow)January 18, 2015
Pros: culture and values
Cons: complex it infrastructure
Constant change and challenge to meet customer expectations and continuously improve and adapt to changing marketplace.
A Job where there are opportunity to grow
Logistics Expeditor (Current Employee), West Park, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: heathcare
Being Swedish it is a proud moment to work at IKEA. It's a fast paste environment and I thrive in that. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer service aspect. Love the interaction with people and you get to meet people from all walks of life.
Good company
Home Delivery Co-Worker (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 16, 2015
Good company to work for. Amazing co-workers and good vibes.
great place
Customer Service Representative/ Returns Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
great place to be they have awesome benefits and they treat their employees well. there is room for growth here
Good work enviroment
Inflow Team Member (Current Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2015
Basic receiving job. Lots of various types of people. Good working environment. Sometimes its hard maintaining damage free product on receiving due to bad loads. Good on understanding reasons for tardiness, and days off.

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more