IKEA
1,023 reviews

IKEA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun to learn about home furnishings.
Sales (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. staff lunches.
Cons: the early shift that i start at.
I have learned a great deal about myself and others during my many years of working here. There are many opportunities of advancement within the company. Managers and co workers all work together as a family. The hardest part of my job is getting the work done in a timely manner. The best part is the many diverse coworkers that I work with. We all bring – more... a different learning experience and culture to the Ikea family. – less
Very good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: positive attitudes while working
Cons: sporadic hours, policies are not made clear.
Overall, IKEA was a great place to work. A typical day at work consisted of accepting basic customer returns, dealing with customer complaints, filling the hardware bins when needed. I learned a lot about the internal system that was used to complete the returns as well as "user roles" (customer complaints that needed to be rectified) within the system.

Management – more... was excellent and my co-workers were always great to be around and very helpful when needed. Everyone always had a positive attitude while working. I gained a lot of close friends while working at IKEA.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the customers situations, but a solution was always found.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the customers face after I had assisted them with whatever needed to be done. – less
Fast pace envirnment with supportive co workers
Customer Service (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: benefits and offers
Cons: non fixed shift patern
Typical day- managing un expected peak alone during weekend
Learned about Ikea culture and hotline activities at restaurant
Management-Is fine. Helpful most of the time
Co worker- mostly helpful and active
Hardest part- managing un expected peak alone sometime during weekend and changing schedules
Enjoyable part- Fast and speed with challenge
An incredible concept company to begin career with.
Assistant Store Manager - Vaughan (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: value driven, diverse talent sought, team oriented solutions, non-bureacratic, simple, straight-forward management styles, fun environment.
Cons: small, flat canadian organization that has few opportunities for professional growth.
A matrix organization that taught me early that working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment develops the best business solutions. It is here that I developed a passion for seeking new ways to improve results, thinking outside the box, as the company values championed learning by doing, even making mistakes - to not to try something for – more... fear of failure was worse than making the mistake.

I learned the value of low,first cost is paramount and the retailer has the obligation to help the vendor to best achieve it. This partnership between vendor and merchant/buyer has remained with me, and continues to foster long-term relationships with my vendor partners.

Great professional development offered for self-starters, an incredibly diverse company that was way ahead of its time.

A company that is value drive, guiding every coworkers actions, empowering each to deliver exceptional customer service. – less
Good place to work, friendly attitudes from all
Customer Service - Returns and Exchanges (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: learning curve is steep.
The returns dept is a heavy stress environment. The perks include the co-workers. I have the privilege of working with a diverse group of people. They each add to my experience. Yes there's conflict. Yes there are trials. I am fortunate in that my part time job is just that - a part time job. I learn as much as possible. I work as hard as I can. This – more... is my ethic. So far I haven't personally experienced hardship other than thru my own ignorance. All-in-all... I love working at IKEA. – less
great people,fun times
receiving manager (Former Employee), Edmonton,AB. CanadaFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: the hr department(manager)
great place to work if you have the support of the HR department.If she does not like you ......you will be dismissed.
GREAT COMPANY, LOTS OF ACTIVITIES, BIG FAMILY
ACCOUNTS PAYABLES AND RECEIVABLES (Former Employee), BROSSARD, QUENovember 11, 2011
Pros: activities, fund raising, great working place
Cons: cutting jobs to be managed from usa
GREAT TEAM WORKING PLACE, LOVED WORKING THERE, GREAT MANAGEMENT, MAKES YOU WANT TO DO MORE.
fast pace and productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn,NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: cheap and delicious lunch
Cons: somewhat hectic environment
As a cashier at IKEA i was required to handle a minimum of 34 customers an hour,my average was 38-45.IKEA helped me in retail alot because it made me become more effective faster.My supervisors were awesome! they were hands on and informative and showed a great deal of respect.My co-workers were even better i've developed great relationships even 2 – more... years after i ended my tenure there.The hardest part was getting a feel for everything in the beginning and keeping up a steady pace.The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and having the customers leave with a smile on there face – less
A Family-friendly place to work
Commercial Swedish Food Market & Bistro Asst. mgr (Current Employee), AtlantaDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at IKEA is opening the store starting your routines, preparing for the customers, I have learned a lot about sales, how to sale steer your product etc. The coworkers are the best and the most enjoyable part of a typical day at this store. The hardest part of the day is dealing with a difficult customer.
One of the Best Jobs
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee), West Chester, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, snacks were provided, good salary, crosstraining
Cons: closing down the whole dinning room by yourself, working with dishroom staff
I really loved working for Ikea. I got to learn a lot about the Swedish Culture as well as work with great customers and managers. Unfortunately I had to leave because there were no full time jobs available in my department.
Diversity, culture and values
Safety, Security, & Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2014
Busy, fast paced, changing environment.IKEA is a culture and values driven company. Excellent benefits and paid time off. Promote work life balance for their co-workers.
Very productive, willing to work with your daily life schedule.
Cashier (Current Employee), Elizabeth,NJDecember 12, 2014
One morning i came to work and we had 2 call outs. i took it upon myself to close the staff cafe for the day and send the employee to the restaurant and serve the customers. I figured they would rather lose $3. from employees than to lose more money from a valuable customer.
Productive, fun and a great place to work
Designer (Former Employee), Natanya, IsraelDecember 11, 2014
Pros: subsidized lunches, pension plan, seminars, workers field trip, workers party
Cons: low salary, slow advancement
I was lucky to get accepted to work at Ikea. It was a great place to learn a lot in retail design. Luckily for me, I got to experience a lot of hands on work such as designing rooms, styling tables for holidays, planning 2 stores and being in the commercial built up team with people from all over the world.
The best retail job I've had yet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDDecember 11, 2014
A typical day at work I would do inventory in the morning. Also help customers. I worked in the lighting and storage department so I would help people find the right storage systems for their needs. My manager was nice and understanding if I needed a day off or asked for more hours.
productive career building job
replenishment (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free gifts, ikea parties
Cons: pay rate is not so good .
great atmosphere, good people, great way to build a career if interested. learned so many things, came in with no experience and now i have knowledge in driving forklifts. ikea really cares for workers!
Fast paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 8, 2014
A typical work day at Ikea included but not limited to, inventory control, providing excellent interpersonal skill, maintain health of the department etc. The best part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life.
Good Job security
Showroom Sales Associate (Former Employee), Emeryville, CADecember 5, 2014
Ikea is a nice stable place to work. Everyone cares and the meal compensation is rad
productive and fun workplace
costumer service rep./ self serve warehouse (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJDecember 5, 2014
I worked in the cash lane and self-serve warehouse department helping customers with their shopping and directing them around the store to get what they need. A typical work day is fun, productive and satisfactory. I work and average of two hours on the phone receiving calls from costumers and the rest of the day i work on the floor making sure costumers – more... in the store are properly attended to. – less
Massive information and new challenge to work in IKEA
Contract Sales Executive (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZDecember 3, 2014
in IKEA always busy day between meetings, customers visit, email, invoicing, and follow-ups.
I learn many new things in personal and business, like kitchen designing, home planning, communications, solving problems with minimum damage, team work.
I really enjoy the time with customer.
Great culture and company
In-Store Logistics Manager (Store Steering Member) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: technology
Great opportunity to mentor and grow people through training programs. We need to take the customer experience at IKEA with newer technology for a better overall customer experience. The best part of my job is the ability to transfer knowledge on a daily basis to co-workers for their development as well as making the customer experience a better experience – more... overall. – less

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more