IKEA
1,131 reviews

IKEA Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Workplace
Full Serve Warehouse Co-worker (Full time) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2012
Pros: free lunch on busy days, staff cafe, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons: staff shortage
Day to day duties consisted of picking orders for customers from the shelf to piece together orders, such as kitchens, sofas, or room sets. Through out working in the warehouse I gained lots of computer system knowledge and inventory tracking systems as well as forklift experience as well as shipping and receiving. Management was fairly good for the most part when everyone was on the same page. Some days were completely unorganized and daily tasks would not be completed. Hardest part of the job would have been days when the team did not have all the resources it could have causing incomplete tasks, accidents, or lost items. The most enjoyable part of working at IKEA was how everyone could come together to complete what was needed but only when it was at a critical point. Otherwise driving forklift and working on large scale orders was nice.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service (Current Employee), VaughanNovember 26, 2012
All of the amazing people I have met over the years. Managers, co-workers and customers.
Project Team
Project Team (Current Employee), KenastonOctober 29, 2012
Ikea is still currently under development. It is the biggest Ikea within Canada.
Retail part-time
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Good part-time job. Flexible work schedule was a positive.
Government co-op position.
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Typical government position. Good co-op position. Happy for the experience.
Great job,lots ofativites for workers
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2012
This is a good ompany to work for the pay is great and the people tha you work with are all very supportivate.

I enjoyed every part of this job
Productive and fun to learn about home furnishings.
Sales (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. staff lunches.
Cons: the early shift that i start at.
I have learned a great deal about myself and others during my many years of working here. There are many opportunities of advancement within the company. Managers and co workers all work together as a family. The hardest part of my job is getting the work done in a timely manner. The best part is the many diverse coworkers that I work with. We all bring a different learning experience and culture to the Ikea family.
Very good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: positive attitudes while working
Cons: sporadic hours, policies are not made clear.
Overall, IKEA was a great place to work. A typical day at work consisted of accepting basic customer returns, dealing with customer complaints, filling the hardware bins when needed. I learned a lot about the internal system that was used to complete the returns as well as "user roles" (customer complaints that needed to be rectified) within the system.

Management was excellent and my co-workers were always great to be around and very helpful when needed. Everyone always had a positive attitude while working. I gained a lot of close friends while working at IKEA.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the customers situations, but a solution was always found.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the customers face after I had assisted them with whatever needed to be done.
Fast pace envirnment with supportive co workers
Customer Service (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: benefits and offers
Cons: non fixed shift patern
Typical day- managing un expected peak alone during weekend
Learned about Ikea culture and hotline activities at restaurant
Management-Is fine. Helpful most of the time
Co worker- mostly helpful and active
Hardest part- managing un expected peak alone sometime during weekend and changing schedules
Enjoyable part- Fast and speed with challenge
An incredible concept company to begin career with.
Assistant Store Manager - Vaughan (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: value driven, diverse talent sought, team oriented solutions, non-bureacratic, simple, straight-forward management styles, fun environment.
Cons: small, flat canadian organization that has few opportunities for professional growth.
A matrix organization that taught me early that working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment develops the best business solutions. It is here that I developed a passion for seeking new ways to improve results, thinking outside the box, as the company values championed learning by doing, even making mistakes - to not to try something for fear of failure was worse than making the mistake.

I learned the value of low,first cost is paramount and the retailer has the obligation to help the vendor to best achieve it. This partnership between vendor and merchant/buyer has remained with me, and continues to foster long-term relationships with my vendor partners.

Great professional development offered for self-starters, an incredibly diverse company that was way ahead of its time.

A company that is value drive, guiding every coworkers actions, empowering each to deliver exceptional customer service.
Good place to work, friendly attitudes from all
Customer Service - Returns and Exchanges (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: learning curve is steep.
The returns dept is a heavy stress environment. The perks include the co-workers. I have the privilege of working with a diverse group of people. They each add to my experience. Yes there's conflict. Yes there are trials. I am fortunate in that my part time job is just that - a part time job. I learn as much as possible. I work as hard as I can. This is my ethic. So far I haven't personally experienced hardship other than thru my own ignorance. All-in-all... I love working at IKEA.
great people,fun times
receiving manager (Former Employee), Edmonton,AB. CanadaFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: the hr department(manager)
great place to work if you have the support of the HR department.If she does not like you ......you will be dismissed.
GREAT COMPANY, LOTS OF ACTIVITIES, BIG FAMILY
ACCOUNTS PAYABLES AND RECEIVABLES (Former Employee), BROSSARD, QUENovember 11, 2011
Pros: activities, fund raising, great working place
Cons: cutting jobs to be managed from usa
GREAT TEAM WORKING PLACE, LOVED WORKING THERE, GREAT MANAGEMENT, MAKES YOU WANT TO DO MORE.
Belle expérience
Réapprovisionnement de Stock et Aide à l'entrepôt (Current Employee), MontrealApril 16, 2014
Pros: bonne évolution de carrière
Cons: pas de repas gratuit
L'environnement chez IKEA est très professionnelle , selon le poste que j'occupais j'avais une pause de 15min par 2h30 de travail ce qui me convenait. Les collaborateurs sont toujours respectueux envers le personnel ou la clientèle. L'établissement IKEA sur le Boulevard Cavendish était syndiqué et comprenait des protocoles très précis qui devait tout le temps être suivit a la lettre, que ce soit en cuisine ou dans l'entrepôt.

9191, boul. Cavendish, Autoroute 40 et Cavendish, Montréal, QC‎
empresa que se preocupa de sus trabajadores
delivery (Former Employee), calgary (canada )January 8, 2013
unas de las mejores empresas en las que he podido trabajar, el sistema el personal son de lo mas cualificado teniendo un programa de trabajo avanzado con el que se facilita el trabajo a los empleados

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more