IKEA

IKEA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved working with the customer and textiles
Business Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: fast pace
Cons: unable to finish my training do to spousal commitments.
It was a challenge to manage a large department within a strong internal culture. There was a steep learning curve with product knowledge as well as Ikea Culture.
Workplace with variety of home products
Salesperson (Former Employee), Thessaloniki, GreeceDecember 25, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours
Supervised 30 employees
Identified price of goods
Calculated total payments received at the end of the day
Dealed with often changes of workers
Built strong relationships with customers
One of the better retail stores to work at
Ikea Carts Supervisor (Former Employee), North YorkDecember 18, 2012
This place has gone downhill and they keep on finding ways to cut corners at the expense of its long time workers. Too many times management has no clue what its doing and I've worked here for 3 years only to find they insistently hire ineffective managers who are more lost than the workers themselves.

However this is a generally friendly environment – more... to work in and that Ikea team spirit can still sometimes be felt. Just don't expect to make a lot of money even if you are lucky to get in as a fulltimer – less
Fast paced environment, family oriented, fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 13, 2012
Pros: excellent private lunch room, hot meals for only $4.00. great xmas and summer party provided free! bonuses, fun days out are organized from time to time.
Cons: very physical, alot of walking, lifting, and of course building. if you don't like noise and kids, it can be overwhelming. you have to get used to very physical labour!
I really have nothing bad to say about Ikea. You must love kids though! The training is very good, they treat their employees well, with good benefits. Good staff discount!
Productive Workplace
Full Serve Warehouse Co-worker (Full time) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2012
Pros: free lunch on busy days, staff cafe, staff discount, flexible hours
Cons: staff shortage
Day to day duties consisted of picking orders for customers from the shelf to piece together orders, such as kitchens, sofas, or room sets. Through out working in the warehouse I gained lots of computer system knowledge and inventory tracking systems as well as forklift experience as well as shipping and receiving. Management was fairly good for the – more... most part when everyone was on the same page. Some days were completely unorganized and daily tasks would not be completed. Hardest part of the job would have been days when the team did not have all the resources it could have causing incomplete tasks, accidents, or lost items. The most enjoyable part of working at IKEA was how everyone could come together to complete what was needed but only when it was at a critical point. Otherwise driving forklift and working on large scale orders was nice. – less
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service (Current Employee), VaughanNovember 26, 2012
All of the amazing people I have met over the years. Managers, co-workers and customers.
its fun to work in IKEA.
Store Keeper / Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAENovember 9, 2012
you can get the latest style in furniture plus additional product knowledge.
Proud to be associated with MNC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), sydney,AustraliaNovember 6, 2012
Pros: good leaders
Learned and trained the staff and Achieved the Goals in Short time
Project Team
Project Team (Current Employee), KenastonOctober 29, 2012
Ikea is still currently under development. It is the biggest Ikea within Canada.
Retail part-time
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Good part-time job. Flexible work schedule was a positive.
Government co-op position.
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Typical government position. Good co-op position. Happy for the experience.
Great job,lots ofativites for workers
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2012
This is a good ompany to work for the pay is great and the people tha you work with are all very supportivate.

I enjoyed every part of this job
Good Place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), GeorgiaSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics depending on management
IKEA is a very upbeat place to work, from the co workers to the customers, there is nonstop movement and action in that company. once there is a good store manager, and a good upper management team, co workers will be happy and do their jobs efficiently. time management is everything in IKEA logistics. they have good benefits for both part time and – more... full time associates including tuition assistance. – less
Productive and fun to learn about home furnishings.
Sales (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. staff lunches.
Cons: the early shift that i start at.
I have learned a great deal about myself and others during my many years of working here. There are many opportunities of advancement within the company. Managers and co workers all work together as a family. The hardest part of my job is getting the work done in a timely manner. The best part is the many diverse coworkers that I work with. We all bring – more... a different learning experience and culture to the Ikea family. – less
Very good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: positive attitudes while working
Cons: sporadic hours, policies are not made clear.
Overall, IKEA was a great place to work. A typical day at work consisted of accepting basic customer returns, dealing with customer complaints, filling the hardware bins when needed. I learned a lot about the internal system that was used to complete the returns as well as "user roles" (customer complaints that needed to be rectified) within the system.

Management – more... was excellent and my co-workers were always great to be around and very helpful when needed. Everyone always had a positive attitude while working. I gained a lot of close friends while working at IKEA.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the customers situations, but a solution was always found.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the customers face after I had assisted them with whatever needed to be done. – less
Fast pace envirnment with supportive co workers
Customer Service (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: benefits and offers
Cons: non fixed shift patern
Typical day- managing un expected peak alone during weekend
Learned about Ikea culture and hotline activities at restaurant
Management-Is fine. Helpful most of the time
Co worker- mostly helpful and active
Hardest part- managing un expected peak alone sometime during weekend and changing schedules
Enjoyable part- Fast and speed with challenge
An incredible concept company to begin career with.
Assistant Store Manager - Vaughan (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: value driven, diverse talent sought, team oriented solutions, non-bureacratic, simple, straight-forward management styles, fun environment.
Cons: small, flat canadian organization that has few opportunities for professional growth.
A matrix organization that taught me early that working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment develops the best business solutions. It is here that I developed a passion for seeking new ways to improve results, thinking outside the box, as the company values championed learning by doing, even making mistakes - to not to try something for – more... fear of failure was worse than making the mistake.

I learned the value of low,first cost is paramount and the retailer has the obligation to help the vendor to best achieve it. This partnership between vendor and merchant/buyer has remained with me, and continues to foster long-term relationships with my vendor partners.

Great professional development offered for self-starters, an incredibly diverse company that was way ahead of its time.

A company that is value drive, guiding every coworkers actions, empowering each to deliver exceptional customer service. – less
Good place to work, friendly attitudes from all
Customer Service - Returns and Exchanges (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: learning curve is steep.
The returns dept is a heavy stress environment. The perks include the co-workers. I have the privilege of working with a diverse group of people. They each add to my experience. Yes there's conflict. Yes there are trials. I am fortunate in that my part time job is just that - a part time job. I learn as much as possible. I work as hard as I can. This – more... is my ethic. So far I haven't personally experienced hardship other than thru my own ignorance. All-in-all... I love working at IKEA. – less
great place to work
Replenishment co-worker (Current Employee), burbankJuly 23, 2014
great place to work. people here friendly and ikea culture cool
Productive and great work environment
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 22, 2014
A great place to work.A great place where great employees worked with me,allowing me to grow.

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more