IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and Enjoyable company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONDecember 8, 2015
I love working at Ikea because of its diversity of employees.

Everyday is different. Full of challenges due to the variety of people that shops there.

Management is amazing to its employees and work ethic is strong.
Great job, Poor management
Logistics (Full Serve) Personnel (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeMay 7, 2013
IKEA is such a busy place it's really difficult to see the fruits of your labor, especially with the way management is set up.
all the co-workers got a long great and were really supportive both personally and professionally. with a system that was always changing, consistency with goods flow was difficult but manageable. IKEA strives to learn and become more efficient in what they do. it is a very diverse company and despite it's size is doing a great job to be environmentally friendly
Pros
benefits, social outings
Cons
inconsistent hours
Easy-going and mature environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 31, 2016
I found Ikea to be a great place to gather experience in the retail world. Everyone knows everyone and is willing to help you no matter what.
Fun work place with many social events
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  9090 cavendishSeptember 9, 2015
The morning started with a meeting before phone lines opened up. Our call center was the main call center responsible for all 12 stores across Canada. In customer service we received many calls from store hours, to if item was still in stock. Our resolution department it was for delivery inquiries to missing items from delivery and item being received damaged, etc.
Pros
friendly environment with a fully stock kitchen
Cons
management was changing and leaving groups with no teamleaders
Great part time job during high school.
Full Serve Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Easily the friendliest place in Calgary!
IKEA is a great company with fun & happy coworkers.
it felt like i was part of a team that cared foe each other.
The management was filled of smart caring individuals that understood the importance of schooling.
Pros
coworkers / the pay / the flexibility
Tv room on break times
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day will be just washing dishes and then taking it out ready for use. I did appreciate working and being recognized as employer of the month.
Pros
$4 lunches
Cons
always short staffed
Ideal workplace, great experience
Carts and CarryOut (Former Employee) –  WinnipegMay 12, 2015
I worked at IKEA for just under a year, but I wish that circumstances allowed me to stay longer. A great corporate culture (a little cult-like, but still) of investing in the employee experience made a great work environment. Management was friendly and helpful, as were co-workers. A lot is expected of you on shift, but breaks are all but enforced and work-life balance encouraged.
Fast pace envirnment with supportive co workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2012
Typical day- managing un expected peak alone during weekend
Learned about Ikea culture and hotline activities at restaurant
Management-Is fine. Helpful most of the time
Co worker- mostly helpful and active
Hardest part- managing un expected peak alone sometime during weekend and changing schedules
Enjoyable part- Fast and speed with challenge
Pros
benefits and offers
Cons
non fixed shift patern
Good
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Everything is well done. Everyone is great, not a bad position for a student. I would definitely recommend ikea. So much better than walmart
Great place to work with fun, awesome coworkers.
Checkout Services Cash Administrator (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2013
IKEA is a great place to work. They pay good, comparable wages and offer great benefits after one year of employment. As a cash supervisor a typical work day for me would include opening the store, setting up the cash tills and completing the reconciliation. After these tasks are complete I generally do general clerical duties such as responding to emails, responding to phone messages, investigating and completing credit card chargebacks and faxing the results to the financial company.
The management is great, they are approachable and very friendly. They try to help out and make the job as easy as possible.The coworkers are also great people. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. Everyone is very hardworking and always willing to help out if there is any trouble.
The hardest part of my job would have to be disciplining coworkers. I know that it is part of my job, however, it is always hard to tell someone that they are not performing correctly.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with the customers. I am always talking and helping customers and making sure that their needs are met.
Pros
good wage, great benefits, flexibility
Cons
no career advancement
Good hours, lazy co-workers
Carts (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Hours were good but hard to adjust availability
Felt like I was never properly trained
Difficult to communicate with other co-workers
greatplace too work
Temp Position-Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
i worked in the warehouse as a order picker.
put stock awaywhen skids came in the night before.
i learnt more skills on being a order picker witch was good.
the ikea group are a great group of people too work with.
my boss was good too me tought me new things every day.
Pros
great people too work with
Cons
was only temp wish i could of staied.
Fast paced environment, family oriented, fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 13, 2012
I really have nothing bad to say about Ikea. You must love kids though! The training is very good, they treat their employees well, with good benefits. Good staff discount!
Pros
excellent private lunch room, hot meals for only $4.00. great xmas and summer party provided free! bonuses, fun days out are organized from time to time.
Cons
very physical, alot of walking, lifting, and of course building. if you don't like noise and kids, it can be overwhelming. you have to get used to very physical labour!
Great Workplace with great people
Self Serve Coworker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves aiding customers and solving any issues they may have. We work as a team to keep the store in good order and to condense space for more products to be brought onto the sales floor. The managers in my department are the best I have ever had. My manager is one of the genuine persons I have had the pleasure of meeting. She is constantly asking for my feedback on how we can improve around the workplace, and she is also striving to help me meet my career goals. All of my co-workers are extremely helpful and are enjoyable to be around. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff around me. The hardest part of the job is pleasing everyone because some customers will be unhappy no matter the circumstances. Everyone is like minded and striving to accomplish the same task.
Excellent Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 16, 2015
Once a customer at IKEA was at the self checkout lane. they tried to conceal without paying for the items I observed and approached very professionally. In a such manner I notified the customer that they have missed few items. I made sure they paid the items without offending the customer. this was reported to manager and was appreciated my IKEA for making sure there was no loss to the company.
Good enough
Logistics Coworker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 23, 2015
IKEA Canada is as good a place to work as any other warehouse or customer service company. I can not comment on the food service portion, because I did not work in that department. The wages are not industry standard, whatever they might claim, but they are not horrible either.
Pros
subsidised staff lunches and 15% Employee discount.
Cons
I am legally obligated to represent IKEA in the best possible way.
my work place
Housekeeping and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 2, 2014
I am a hard worker but my company didn't see this they want to take all our benifits and reduse our hours. When i started in this company they are very good and have a big heart but time goes by they change until now we are outside fighting for our right. I have a good co worker and most of them is long in this company. I enjoy in my job so much because all my co worker is really kind and friendly.
Amazing workplace with fun and outgoing staff!
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 8, 2015
Great place to work with unlimited opportunity for advancement. Great management staff and fun co-workers. Always a good time and the staff feels more like a family culture than co-workers.
An enjoyable experience
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2015
I was blessed enough to have a very hard working boss. He taught me hands on and made sure I got things right. My job was easy to mess up so I stayed focused with his assistance.
Pros
the cafeteria hotdogs :)
Cons
bus route
Great people to work with, good wages, good job culture
Customer service and retail merchandizing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Still have friends from IKEA to this day, fun place to work, great job culture, great employee discount, great shopping
Pros
free coffee, shopping discount
Cons
your spend most of your wages on their great merchandise