IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

Great part time job during high school.
Full Serve Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Easily the friendliest place in Calgary!
IKEA is a great company with fun & happy coworkers.
it felt like i was part of a team that cared foe each other.
The management was filled of smart caring individuals that understood the importance of schooling.
Pros
coworkers / the pay / the flexibility
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2015
amazing work environment, good people, lost of learning, great policy's. Understanding their customers and fulfilling their needs and wants.
Pros
flexible
Don't appreciate you in the long run.
Recovery Associate/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 10, 2015
Good pay and great benefits..... HR is a different story. Some half decent managers but a few should not be at all. Great hours having weekends off and having a 15%discount on purchases was not bad as well.
very good experience
Dishwasher, part-time (Former Employee) –  edmontonSeptember 30, 2015
learning new things,, good experience
i was learning stuff that would help me in the future
it was a full time job
it was also a challenge at some point
Great people to work with, good wages, good job culture
Customer service and retail merchandizing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Still have friends from IKEA to this day, fun place to work, great job culture, great employee discount, great shopping
Pros
free coffee, shopping discount
Cons
your spend most of your wages on their great merchandise
Fun work place with many social events
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  9090 cavendishSeptember 9, 2015
The morning started with a meeting before phone lines opened up. Our call center was the main call center responsible for all 12 stores across Canada. In customer service we received many calls from store hours, to if item was still in stock. Our resolution department it was for delivery inquiries to missing items from delivery and item being received damaged, etc.
Pros
friendly environment with a fully stock kitchen
Cons
management was changing and leaving groups with no teamleaders
Organized and well managed
Mechanical/ Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
A fun place to work. New and interesting things daily. Friendly staff. Employee discounts. Pleasing environment for the customers. Cleanliness was tops.
Flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
Flexible. Great co workers who make the job enjoyable. Gets extremely busy at times which is the hardest part of the job. Management is not too bad. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet. Everyday I was interacting with people from different walks of the life which was always interesting.
co workers
parking lot assistance (Former Employee) –  torontoJuly 31, 2015
i had a co worker that always made sure i was ok on the job always willing to help as a team member never had no problems all around i would say ikea is a team based work place
Productive and fun workplace
Coordonnateur au recrutement (Current Employee) –  BrossardJuly 23, 2015
I learn a lot from my co-workers, i had the chance to be autonomous in a lot of task. I really enjoy the workplace. Now i'm in a better position to manage process.
typical day
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 22, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. decent amount of hours per employee. Tries to accommodate to different situations.
Pros
time shifts
Cons
hours
Actually enjoyed working
Interior Design Co-worker (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, onJuly 21, 2015
It's hard finding places these days that you can actually enjoy working at. I was doing co-op at the Ikea Burlington for my final month of college. I did a wide range of different jobs while under the interior communications department. Although the thing is that the position for the interior design hardly comes available to due popularity.
efficient and productive work area
server/ hot prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2015
Ikea has a very busy atmosphere, an individual must be alert and must be able to make quick decisions. Ikea has a wonderful team of staff that look out for each other. The hardest part of working at Ikea is the busy atmosphere and low number of staffs provided to do the work that must be carried out.
very diverse working environment and big company!
Bedroom Sales (Current Employee) –  montreal, quebecJuly 7, 2015
They teach you what they expect for the company for each different departments and every 3 months, we get info session on emergency and phone codes via intercom during operating hours.

Learn a lot and grow from my experience during my 5 years at this company.

Co-workers are mostly friendly and team players.Working together, we are better!

The hardest job is the customer service area...guess its all the same anywhere and everywhere else for that matter. We have to learn to keep our cool and take it all in. That's how we do it in customer service!!
Pros
100% paid benefits on family insurance
Cons
unstable hours, no guaranteed hours during the year
friendly staff very .very helpfull
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 26, 2015
fast paced work
learned the ins and outs of being a team player
learned great orginiation skills
customer relations
deadlines
inventory control
Can be grueling or fun, but getting more and more busy
Warehouse Team Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2015
IKEA can be a great place to work. It has great benefits like decent medical benefits, discounts, culture and daily meals for only $4. There is great people to work with, and many ideals within the company. But there are bad parts. The pay is standard with retail work, so logistics gets it low. And the inefficiencies build up to create chaos. Some of the management have been in power for too long and the company will bend over backwards for its customer which can make some abusive to the system. And times have never been busier. The store is at capacity and the talks for expansion make little sense.
Great Workplace with great people
Self Serve Coworker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves aiding customers and solving any issues they may have. We work as a team to keep the store in good order and to condense space for more products to be brought onto the sales floor. The managers in my department are the best I have ever had. My manager is one of the genuine persons I have had the pleasure of meeting. She is constantly asking for my feedback on how we can improve around the workplace, and she is also striving to help me meet my career goals. All of my co-workers are extremely helpful and are enjoyable to be around. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff around me. The hardest part of the job is pleasing everyone because some customers will be unhappy no matter the circumstances. Everyone is like minded and striving to accomplish the same task.
Amazing workplace with fun and outgoing staff!
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 8, 2015
Great place to work with unlimited opportunity for advancement. Great management staff and fun co-workers. Always a good time and the staff feels more like a family culture than co-workers.
Working for IKEA
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 4, 2015
Although IKEA sells themselves in the orientation process, working for them was the worst 5 months of my life. It's strenuous on the body, they schedule you every weekend no matter what and they don't give you the proper information to actually do your job.

Worst place to work, do not apply.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
hard work, long hours, terrible communication, rude people
Good Prices/Nice Co Workers!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 1, 2015
I worked for Ikea for about four years. When I first worked their it was great. It was fun and the employees were treated great. Ikea lost their HR manager and it all went down hill from their. I stayed because of the hours I got and I was able to take my kids to and from school. I had one manager that was great when I started and understood about Job Work/Life Balance. However, the good ones often leave and she did.

Management changed and I stayed as long as I needed to. I even tried a few different areas. I appreciated the great hours at the beginning and a great HR manager. It seems for me it is always about poor management and micromanaging. I am the kind of person that likes to be given a job and left to do it. I could do this for the most part as a cashier. I really enjoyed the customers and loved going the extra mile. I enjoy learning from other people!

The hardest part of the job were the managers in the cash office. That is all I have to say about that!
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Poor management