IKEA Employee Reviews

Ikea values customer, co-worker, and career growth
Food Counter Attendant and Cashier (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2017
Overall, Ikea is a very welcoming environment for it's coworkers. They provide good salary, and benefits. Provides proper training and ongoing career advancement. Really takes care of their staff. I really loved working there!
Pros
Salary, benefits, co-workers, managers
Cons
Busy
Best job ever!
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA21 February 2017
Promoted to newly-created position to manage the Accounting, Payroll and IT departments and to facilitate and coordinate the store’s internal controls and audit compliance system. Also oversaw the sales revenue trends, inventory management, customer returns and services.
Ikea
CHECK-OUT SERVICES TEAM SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 February 2017
Ikea is one of the best companies that I have ever worked at. The atmosphere and the people are amazing. They definitely embody the values that they state on their webpage. They are very inclusive and make you feel like you are a part of one very big family.
Favorite Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
Best place to work for. They absolutely care about their staff members. Good place for advancement! Pay is below average, but the lunches and staff discount make up for that.
I enjoyed working in a fast pace environment.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 February 2017
I start my shift with a smile and ready to serve.I learned how to identify shop lifters. Management was very professional. The hardest part of the job was to confront a customer and at the same time making sure the customer does not get offended. the most enjoyable part of the job was when able to assist customers and get a compliment from customers for providing a superior service.
Pros
equality environment
Cons
Not enough hours/ needed more hours to work
Productive place to get experience
Self sevre (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 February 2017
Help me learn how to work well as a team and push me to also be great individual also. Help build my customer service skill from okay to excellent.
Pros
Staff meal
Fun, fast-paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 February 2017
Entry-level jobs are perfect for students as they are very flexible. Good benefits. Often there is not enough staff for busy days.
Good job to occupy yourself
Cart Organizer at Ikea Vaughan (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
The job as a cart organizer is a job to do if you need some quick money. You have the freedom to work more or less hours although they will cap you at a certain point due to not wanting to pay overtime wages. It is a job to keep in between jobs because the pay is low and their is not much ambition to organize carts in a cart room. Ikea does hire from within mainly so there are many opportunities to move into a position with higher pay and benefits.
Pros
discounts on entire store
Cons
physically demanding especially in the extreme heat and extreme cold.
Fast paced and involved work environment but slow to change
Bistro & Restaurant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 January 2017
Work is very straight forward with not too much change day-per-day but allows enough leeway to perform work effectively. Very heavily customer dependent and, due to general nature of IKEA, will have a great amount of customer interaction especially for questions. Management is usually quick to respond and very helpful but due to exceedingly high volume of customers at any given time they can be stretched thin. Generally a great environment to work in with great co-workers but can be taxing due to strain of volume.
Pros
High coworker involvement and praise, high advancement opportunities, good benefits, daily updated staff menu with vegetarian options, staff discounts on most products
Cons
can be very taxing both physical and mental, high volume of customers
My experience at IKEA
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 January 2017
Throughout this work experience, I have learned many skills, that I may or may not have been able to do ever before. Definitely, I can say that each and every day at work here is something I loved to do daily.
Productive, friendly an amazing environment
Logistics- Goods Flow Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2017
One of the best companies to work around the world.
They do what they write.
An unforgettable experience that has allowed me to keep reading about the company goals and activities.
The Managers and every single coworker had a friendly and respectful attitude.
Amazing store with excellent value for money approach.
I would really have kept in mind that experience, and much more, I am following its performance every week, much more its sustainability approach.
Pros
all
Cons
any
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2017
Great work place atmosphere where the manager-employee-customer dynamics are what holds ip the company. Customer satisfaction is important and priority and employee benefits are amazing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Self Serve Warehouse Sales
Self-service Warehouse - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
Out of all the big box retailers in Winnipeg, IKEA would be the absolute best. I have never worked for a company that cared so much for their employees as much as IKEA did. Would recommend to anyone looking to apply.
Productive and fun workplace
Aftersales Resolutions Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
Productive and fun workplace.....Team leaders and managers have you best interest at heart.....Coworkers will rally to help you when you are in a crisis
fun workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
everyone was very helpful it didn't matter what kind of day you were having there was always someone there to make sure that your fine the hardest part of the job was when it was weekend of a holiday it was very busy but there was always help
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 December 2016
Good coworkers who were supportive and reasonable with unreasonable and rude customers. Able to give input on work culture. Fun work environment where you really learn patience.
Great co-workers and management makes working enjoyable.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Warehouse picking orders, packing, cleaning, helping others, training, box making, label printing, shrink wrapping, strapping, cardboard box shredding
Pros
Security and benefits
Cons
heavy lifting
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2016
I had fun working there, nice ambiance and great people! They are all social persons, great with customers in every departments. The managers are very nice, they like helping us in getting to know the system. Perhaps, they are very strict about everything.
Pros
When there was a rush we had free lunch
Fast paced work
part time Kitchen worker and server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 December 2016
A typical day at work would entail a different role. Each time. I worked in the back of the kitchen handling dishes, cleaning tables as well as serving of hot meals to IKEA customers. A challenge I sometimes faced would be the fast paced shifts would become so busy leading us to become a bit organised. I feel I used my problem solving skills and communication skills to discuss with fellow co workers about what needed to be done. Over all I would say the experience taught me perseverance and I would work there again.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff17 November 2016
Great enjoyable workplace but growing career opportunities are limited.
However management is friendly and work environment is stress free

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.