IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

Dishwasher review IKEA
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 10, 2016
great starting job good work ethic nice people good student high school job good training. supportive co-workers the training was good.
prouctive work place
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 11, 2016
its a very big place had a lot of stocking to do the manager are very col and laid back you don t have to worry about getting stressed out about over working yourself people are always will to lend a hand
Both heavy and light lifting
Mover (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Well I'm a mover in this company and love to do this job because this job is moving from one place to another. Moreover, it was a customer service job.
Pros
Work in an open world and good salary.
Cons
Traffic problems
Very organize and clean environment
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
-Very busy especially on summer however i had fun working there and meet new nice people
- Increased my confidence talking to other people, more attentive to customers, do not waste time, always on time,
- The management in IKEA are very nice they are very organized and they treat their employees equally
- The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy and you're all by yourself, however i did it by myself
- The most enjoyable part of the job is when meeting new people, and counting your own tray
Pros
great salary
Cons
long hours and very busy
Great place to work for
Goods Flow Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoy working for Ikea. Nice employees and good environment. Overall, great experience. I would recommend anyone to work for Ikea
very diverse working environment and big company!
Bedroom Sales (Current Employee) –  montreal, quebecJuly 7, 2015
They teach you what they expect for the company for each different departments and every 3 months, we get info session on emergency and phone codes via intercom during operating hours.

Learn a lot and grow from my experience during my 5 years at this company.

Co-workers are mostly friendly and team players.Working together, we are better!

The hardest job is the customer service area...guess its all the same anywhere and everywhere else for that matter. We have to learn to keep our cool and take it all in. That's how we do it in customer service!!
Pros
100% paid benefits on family insurance
Cons
unstable hours, no guaranteed hours during the year
Fast pace, kinda boring. Fun people to work with
Carts Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Ikea was a good place to work. The job was fast pace and kept me busy. The co-workers and the manager however, made the job for me.
Pros
$4 buffet. Free for busier days
Cons
Rude customers
Great Workplace with great people
Self Serve Coworker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves aiding customers and solving any issues they may have. We work as a team to keep the store in good order and to condense space for more products to be brought onto the sales floor. The managers in my department are the best I have ever had. My manager is one of the genuine persons I have had the pleasure of meeting. She is constantly asking for my feedback on how we can improve around the workplace, and she is also striving to help me meet my career goals. All of my co-workers are extremely helpful and are enjoyable to be around. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff around me. The hardest part of the job is pleasing everyone because some customers will be unhappy no matter the circumstances. Everyone is like minded and striving to accomplish the same task.
Decent work environment but poor management and lack of opprotunity
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 21, 2014
The work is simple and pleasant enough however the hours were bad and inconsistent. There is no room for increasing hours or pay consistently unless you are hired as a manager. They do not like to promote from within their organization. Yearly wage increases are either meager or non existent.
Pros
benefits for part time
Cons
no room for advancement, poor management, inconsistent policies
Easy-going and mature environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 31, 2016
I found Ikea to be a great place to gather experience in the retail world. Everyone knows everyone and is willing to help you no matter what.
Don't appreciate you in the long run.
Recovery Associate/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 10, 2015
Good pay and great benefits..... HR is a different story. Some half decent managers but a few should not be at all. Great hours having weekends off and having a 15%discount on purchases was not bad as well.
Great people to work with, good wages, good job culture
Customer service and retail merchandizing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Still have friends from IKEA to this day, fun place to work, great job culture, great employee discount, great shopping
Pros
free coffee, shopping discount
Cons
your spend most of your wages on their great merchandise
Fast pace envirnment with supportive co workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 18, 2012
Typical day- managing un expected peak alone during weekend
Learned about Ikea culture and hotline activities at restaurant
Management-Is fine. Helpful most of the time
Co worker- mostly helpful and active
Hardest part- managing un expected peak alone sometime during weekend and changing schedules
Enjoyable part- Fast and speed with challenge
Pros
benefits and offers
Cons
non fixed shift patern
Good
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Everything is well done. Everyone is great, not a bad position for a student. I would definitely recommend ikea. So much better than walmart
Tv room on break times
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day will be just washing dishes and then taking it out ready for use. I did appreciate working and being recognized as employer of the month.
Pros
$4 lunches
Cons
always short staffed
Good hours, lazy co-workers
Carts (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Hours were good but hard to adjust availability
Felt like I was never properly trained
Difficult to communicate with other co-workers
Great place to work with fun, awesome coworkers.
Checkout Services Cash Administrator (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2013
IKEA is a great place to work. They pay good, comparable wages and offer great benefits after one year of employment. As a cash supervisor a typical work day for me would include opening the store, setting up the cash tills and completing the reconciliation. After these tasks are complete I generally do general clerical duties such as responding to emails, responding to phone messages, investigating and completing credit card chargebacks and faxing the results to the financial company.
The management is great, they are approachable and very friendly. They try to help out and make the job as easy as possible.The coworkers are also great people. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. Everyone is very hardworking and always willing to help out if there is any trouble.
The hardest part of my job would have to be disciplining coworkers. I know that it is part of my job, however, it is always hard to tell someone that they are not performing correctly.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with the customers. I am always talking and helping customers and making sure that their needs are met.
Pros
good wage, great benefits, flexibility
Cons
no career advancement
Flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
Flexible. Great co workers who make the job enjoyable. Gets extremely busy at times which is the hardest part of the job. Management is not too bad. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet. Everyday I was interacting with people from different walks of the life which was always interesting.
greatplace too work
Temp Position-Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
i worked in the warehouse as a order picker.
put stock awaywhen skids came in the night before.
i learnt more skills on being a order picker witch was good.
the ikea group are a great group of people too work with.
my boss was good too me tought me new things every day.
Pros
great people too work with
Cons
was only temp wish i could of staied.
Great job, Poor management
Logistics (Full Serve) Personnel (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeMay 7, 2013
IKEA is such a busy place it's really difficult to see the fruits of your labor, especially with the way management is set up.
all the co-workers got a long great and were really supportive both personally and professionally. with a system that was always changing, consistency with goods flow was difficult but manageable. IKEA strives to learn and become more efficient in what they do. it is a very diverse company and despite it's size is doing a great job to be environmentally friendly
Pros
benefits, social outings
Cons
inconsistent hours