IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Opening the shop in the morning, following up with replenishment staff and rectifying any issues with stock, good flow, tasks for staff daily.
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 25, 2015
Pros: People, Work/Life Balance, Benefits
Cons: Shift work, weekends
Typical Day:

Making sure the shop is ready to greet the customer each day.
Organizing tasks according to priorities for the day.
Finding solutions to goods flow issues in the mornings and making adjustments during peak times, i.e. Sales Events.
Taking over tasks where needed to make things flow smoothly.
Helping coworkers with questions and finding solutions.

What I learned:

Learning to be proactive in a very fast moving environment that changed daily.
I learned that a happy team is more productive.
Clear communication is key to a successful team.
I learned about merchandising and sales steering according to Profit margin ratios and availability of goods.
Customer service and trust building with your customer. Meeting their needs and only promising what you know you can fulfill.
Egos have no place in a team environment. It is about the business and not about an individual's needs but making sure that everyone feels they are making a contribution in some way.

Management:

My Management team works hard to provide the staff with the support needed to run the shop at the highest level possible.
They try to support work/life balance as much as possible.

Coworkers:

The most amazing group of hardworking people I know.
All focused on a common goal.
Positive and dedicated.

Hardest Part of the Job:

Not being able to control everything.
Being proactive all the time is hard when things change so quickly.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:

Helping customers find solutions to their decorating needs and having them leave happy with new – more... ideas.
Building relationships with Customers.
Working with amazing people everyday. – less
greatplace too work
Temp Position-Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Pros: great people too work with
Cons: was only temp wish i could of staied.
i worked in the warehouse as a order picker.
put stock awaywhen skids came in the night before.
i learnt more skills on being a order picker witch was good.
the ikea group are a great group of people too work with.
my boss was good too me tought me new things every day.
An enjoyable experience
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: the cafeteria hotdogs :)
Cons: bus route
I was blessed enough to have a very hard working boss. He taught me hands on and made sure I got things right. My job was easy to mess up so I stayed focused with his assistance.
Good enough
Logistics Coworker (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 23, 2015
Pros: subsidised staff lunches and 15% Employee discount.
Cons: I am legally obligated to represent IKEA in the best possible way.
IKEA Canada is as good a place to work as any other warehouse or customer service company. I can not comment on the food service portion, because I did not work in that department. The wages are not industry standard, whatever they might claim, but they are not horrible either.
IKEA
Ikea line cook (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 20, 2015
a typical day at work consists of dealing over hundreds of customers a day and as a line cook I must prepare food on time for hundreds of customers. Its a very clean environment and must be well groomed.
Both heavy and light lifting
Mover (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Work in an open world and good salary.
Cons: Traffic problems
Well I'm a mover in this company and love to do this job because this job is moving from one place to another. Moreover, it was a customer service job.
Excellent Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 16, 2015
Once a customer at IKEA was at the self checkout lane. they tried to conceal without paying for the items I observed and approached very professionally. In a such manner I notified the customer that they have missed few items. I made sure they paid the items without offending the customer. this was reported to manager and was appreciated my IKEA for making sure there was no loss to the company.
Great part time job during high school.
Full Serve Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: coworkers / the pay / the flexibility
Cons: none
Easily the friendliest place in Calgary!
IKEA is a great company with fun & happy coworkers.
it felt like i was part of a team that cared foe each other.
The management was filled of smart caring individuals that understood the importance of schooling.
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: flexible
amazing work environment, good people, lost of learning, great policy's. Understanding their customers and fulfilling their needs and wants.
Don't appreciate you in the long run.
Recovery Associate/sales associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 10, 2015
Good pay and great benefits..... HR is a different story. Some half decent managers but a few should not be at all. Great hours having weekends off and having a 15%discount on purchases was not bad as well.
very good experience
Dishwasher, part-time (Former Employee), edmontonSeptember 30, 2015
learning new things,, good experience
i was learning stuff that would help me in the future
it was a full time job
it was also a challenge at some point
Great people to work with, good wages, good job culture
Customer service and retail merchandizing (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: free coffee, shopping discount
Cons: your spend most of your wages on their great merchandise
Still have friends from IKEA to this day, fun place to work, great job culture, great employee discount, great shopping
Fun work place with many social events
Customer Service (Former Employee), 9090 cavendishSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: friendly environment with a fully stock kitchen
Cons: management was changing and leaving groups with no teamleaders
The morning started with a meeting before phone lines opened up. Our call center was the main call center responsible for all 12 stores across Canada. In customer service we received many calls from store hours, to if item was still in stock. Our resolution department it was for delivery inquiries to missing items from delivery and item being received damaged, etc.
Organized and well managed
Mechanical/ Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
A fun place to work. New and interesting things daily. Friendly staff. Employee discounts. Pleasing environment for the customers. Cleanliness was tops.
Flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
Flexible. Great co workers who make the job enjoyable. Gets extremely busy at times which is the hardest part of the job. Management is not too bad. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet. Everyday I was interacting with people from different walks of the life which was always interesting.
co workers
parking lot assistance (Former Employee), torontoJuly 31, 2015
i had a co worker that always made sure i was ok on the job always willing to help as a team member never had no problems all around i would say ikea is a team based work place
Productive and fun workplace
Coordonnateur au recrutement (Current Employee), BrossardJuly 23, 2015
I learn a lot from my co-workers, i had the chance to be autonomous in a lot of task. I really enjoy the workplace. Now i'm in a better position to manage process.
typical day
Cleaner (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: time shifts
Cons: hours
fun work place with supportive management. decent amount of hours per employee. Tries to accommodate to different situations.
Actually enjoyed working
Interior Design Co-worker (CO-OP) (Former Employee), Burlington, onJuly 21, 2015
It's hard finding places these days that you can actually enjoy working at. I was doing co-op at the Ikea Burlington for my final month of college. I did a wide range of different jobs while under the interior communications department. Although the thing is that the position for the interior design hardly comes available to due popularity.
efficient and productive work area
server/ hot prep (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2015
Ikea has a very busy atmosphere, an individual must be alert and must be able to make quick decisions. Ikea has a wonderful team of staff that look out for each other. The hardest part of working at Ikea is the busy atmosphere and low number of staffs provided to do the work that must be carried out.
Revenue