IKEA Employee Reviews

Warehouse Order Picker
Full-Serve Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
With my experience with Ikea. Management was not the best. My respinding Managers never ever! communicated. They hired to many people that diminished the hours. We were a "team" of 15 plus 2 managers. 7 people where full-time and the rest were part time. I quit ikea because they really just pushed me away from ikea. I tried to voice my opinion and it was ignored. I will never shop or anything with ikea ever again.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Management, wage, discount and advancement.
excellent adventure
Kitchen Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2016
great place to work and meet interesting people from all over world, progressive and supportive company with many positives, able to impart knowledge easily and fundamentally to consumers
Pros
great environment
Cons
shift scheduling changes weekly
Great and comfortable work environment
Returns Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 June 2016
IKEA is a great company to work for. The management is very inviting and is easy to learn how it works. It is great to interact with customers and overall a wonderful team of co-workers.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
Is was a fun experience kind of hard but who doesn't like a challenge great vibe and really somewhere where you feel like a family member.
Inclusive & inspiring business culture
SALES COWORKER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2016
A typical day at work would most likely take place on the sales floor, and consist of communicating product and safety knowledge with customers. This would include providing an understanding of product use, designing furniture systems within the IKEA range to suit the customers needs, and ensuring a level of quality satisfaction. In many seperate instances, I could also be found constructing IKEA furniture for Showroom display, leading sales training intiatives, creating sales graphics, and leading charitable promotions. The workplace was always fun and occasionally challenging which creates a very satisfying retail environment to be apart of.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility around school
awesome place with great management
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2016
i always loved coming into work. the managers always seemed to happy to help and my coworkers were awesome. the environment was welcoming and the customers were also always great.
Great Company
Kitchen Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
Very good company , well managed , long hours
middle management needs more training
fun atmosphere , friendly co workers
Pros
free lunched
Diverse environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 May 2016
Loved the diversity of this workplace. Amazing co-workers that were extremely kind when I was new. They were very helpful during my training period.
Benefits
Cons
Standing
Excellent wor place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2016
Thumps up ! My rule of life is work to your best and one day you will get paid for it. Just do it! Give your best and result will appear in any form or shape.
Dishwasher review IKEA
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 April 2016
great starting job good work ethic nice people good student high school job good training. supportive co-workers the training was good.
Fantastic working with IKEA Canada
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/A31 March 2016
IKEA Canada personnel were very professional and knowledgeable. I've worked on 6 projects with IKEA Canada to date and there is more work to follow in the future!
Excellent work culture, friendly co-workers
Sales & Customer service, IT Server Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2016
Students best place to start your career
Co-operative environment and improve your skills
Friendly management to share your thoughts
Employees have better working condition then managers!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 March 2016
Very good job security. If you do the minimum, you're sure to never get fired!
Unfortunetly, the company doesn't react very efficiently to market fluctuations due to it's size (multinational).
Pay and benefits are very good but if you compare mangement to employees, the difference is not worth being a manager. 1$ difference between a team support and a manager.
Full-Serve Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 March 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits package. Interaction with customers and the coworkers is the most pleasurable. Company operates with a great business model, which is outlined and supported fully by store management.
Benefits
Cons
Business hours
Job workshop
Cash Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario17 March 2016
Don't understand you have a job workshop here in Windsor there were over 150 people taking only about six hours of our time and you need to 35 people and you go ahead and post do you need 35 people to work at your store so what is the qualifications to work at your store talking to some people some people had more than enough experience so what is the qualification that you need to work out at IKEA it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work there and dealing with the public that is my opinion
Cons
Workshop to me is ridiculous
Great company, great benefits even for part-time
Services Team Support (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 February 2016
Ikea is a great company to work for because they really care about employees. Great overall work culture. Co-workers are fun, very helpful. Great lunches too!
Pros
great benefits/bonus program
Cons
customers
Fast pace, kinda boring. Fun people to work with
Carts Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
Ikea was a good place to work. The job was fast pace and kept me busy. The co-workers and the manager however, made the job for me.
Pros
$4 buffet. Free for busier days
Cons
Rude customers
Great place to work for
Goods Flow Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2016
I enjoy working for Ikea. Nice employees and good environment. Overall, great experience. I would recommend anyone to work for Ikea
Extremely friendly and down to earth enviroment
Sales Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2016
IKEA is an awesome place to work. Everyone is very friendly and no one hesitates to help when you need it. The management makes huge efforts to know each co-worker and acknowledges your achievements. Ive learned plenty about sales and marketing in a very fun and comfortable way. Some areas are very fast paced and some can be slow.It is important that you know what you prefer.
Pros
co-worker cafeteria, lounge area
Cons
Hard to get more hours
Understanding workplace
IFS Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
A comfortable workplace where individuals look to better themselves and the service they provide.If given an opportunity take the chance and look to find methods to grow your career and experience.
Pros
Co-worker comradery
Cons
limited hours