IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

Outstanding Company to work for
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 14, 2015
A tropical day at work was busy, fast pace environment totally enjoyed it. I learned about different office proceedures, management was outstanding, co-workers were helpful, hardest part of the job was understanding the IKEA way of running a business, very interesting way. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment was clean, enjoyable.
Pros
10% off merchandise! friendly staff.
Cons
Only part time work
Good Prices/Nice Co Workers!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 1, 2015
I worked for Ikea for about four years. When I first worked their it was great. It was fun and the employees were treated great. Ikea lost their HR manager and it all went down hill from their. I stayed because of the hours I got and I was able to take my kids to and from school. I had one manager that was great when I started and understood about Job Work/Life Balance. However, the good ones often leave and she did.

Management changed and I stayed as long as I needed to. I even tried a few different areas. I appreciated the great hours at the beginning and a great HR manager. It seems for me it is always about poor management and micromanaging. I am the kind of person that likes to be given a job and left to do it. I could do this for the most part as a cashier. I really enjoyed the customers and loved going the extra mile. I enjoy learning from other people!

The hardest part of the job were the managers in the cash office. That is all I have to say about that!
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Poor management
excellent adventure
Kitchen Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2016
great place to work and meet interesting people from all over world, progressive and supportive company with many positives, able to impart knowledge easily and fundamentally to consumers
Pros
great environment
Cons
shift scheduling changes weekly
Ideal workplace, great experience
Carts and CarryOut (Former Employee) –  WinnipegMay 12, 2015
I worked at IKEA for just under a year, but I wish that circumstances allowed me to stay longer. A great corporate culture (a little cult-like, but still) of investing in the employee experience made a great work environment. Management was friendly and helpful, as were co-workers. A lot is expected of you on shift, but breaks are all but enforced and work-life balance encouraged.
productive place
Cart Attendant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 4, 2016
The company has a good review. My coworkers are easy and fun to be with. The management is being helpful. I learn to be patient and to multitask.
Pros
Dental and medical benefits
Cons
Short hours
Great and comfortable work environment
Returns Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 1, 2016
IKEA is a great company to work for. The management is very inviting and is easy to learn how it works. It is great to interact with customers and overall a wonderful team of co-workers.
awesome place with great management
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 22, 2016
i always loved coming into work. the managers always seemed to happy to help and my coworkers were awesome. the environment was welcoming and the customers were also always great.
One of the highlights during my time at IKEA was Traveling to Sweden and working on the Canadian Catalogue Pricing and ordering.
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond BCJanuary 21, 2015
I held a number of positions and loved all the benefits/learning that came along with every job I held.
I got to learn so much and had so many opportunities to share/teach what I leaned.
I had a lot of responsibility but I also had so much freedom to use my responsibility as I saw fit, in order to grow my team and the business, thus making a positive contribution to the bottom line and the quality of life for the co-worker.
I built so many great relationships with employees and customers, many that I still keep in touch with today.
It was a great company to work for and I truly enjoyed my time at IKEA.
After so many years with the company it was time to try something new. even thought I miss so many parts of my career at IKEA, if I hadn't taken the step to leave I would have missed to many great things that have happened in my life since I left.
To a new chapter in a forever changing world.
Pros
all the people i met and the traveling.
Cons
the company is loosing some of it s culture.
Fun place to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 29, 2016
In general the crowd I work with are very friendly and fun to work with. There is always a nice and upbeat atmosphere when I come to work.
Ikea
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 15, 2016
typical day.... 5-8 hrs shift.
I learned how to respect other team players.
Hardest part....patience.
Most enjoyable...working in busy environment
Team work
worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 17, 2016
The team work at IKEA with the co worker is very appreciable. All the co worker are very helpful and the management is good too
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Is was a fun experience kind of hard but who doesn't like a challenge great vibe and really somewhere where you feel like a family member.
Diverse environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 5, 2016
Loved the diversity of this workplace. Amazing co-workers that were extremely kind when I was new. They were very helpful during my training period.
Benefits
Cons
Standing
Fun and Enjoyable company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONDecember 8, 2015
I love working at Ikea because of its diversity of employees.

Everyday is different. Full of challenges due to the variety of people that shops there.

Management is amazing to its employees and work ethic is strong.
Amazing workplace with fun and outgoing staff!
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 8, 2015
Great place to work with unlimited opportunity for advancement. Great management staff and fun co-workers. Always a good time and the staff feels more like a family culture than co-workers.
Excellent wor place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
Thumps up ! My rule of life is work to your best and one day you will get paid for it. Just do it! Give your best and result will appear in any form or shape.
Great Company
Kitchen Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Very good company , well managed , long hours
middle management needs more training
fun atmosphere , friendly co workers
Pros
free lunched
Cons
Great part time job during high school.
Full Serve Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Easily the friendliest place in Calgary!
IKEA is a great company with fun & happy coworkers.
it felt like i was part of a team that cared foe each other.
The management was filled of smart caring individuals that understood the importance of schooling.
Pros
coworkers / the pay / the flexibility
Fantastic working with IKEA Canada
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AMarch 31, 2016
IKEA Canada personnel were very professional and knowledgeable. I've worked on 6 projects with IKEA Canada to date and there is more work to follow in the future!
Fun work place with many social events
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  9090 cavendishSeptember 9, 2015
The morning started with a meeting before phone lines opened up. Our call center was the main call center responsible for all 12 stores across Canada. In customer service we received many calls from store hours, to if item was still in stock. Our resolution department it was for delivery inquiries to missing items from delivery and item being received damaged, etc.
Pros
friendly environment with a fully stock kitchen
Cons
management was changing and leaving groups with no teamleaders