IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Work Enviorment
Recovery & Sales Floor (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch- very inexpensive meals
IKEA was definitly one of the best places to work. very easy going work enviorment. Co workers are friendly and will help with any problems or questions you have.
Working for IKEA was great.
Food Services Manager/Bistro Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 9, 2014
I learned a lot working for IKEA. They are all about training which I soaked up all I could. I liked the most of the work but it was getting to be more office type work. I am a hands on type of worker and enjoy working with the public. My job description at IKEA was changing to more business (preparing business plans, hiring, firing, and scheduling – more... ect.) and less hands on. I much rather be in the kitchen helping out then in an office doing paper work. – less
Great for beginners
Kitchen Planner (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2014
Its a great place for beginners and works awesome when you are trying to set a foot in the construction Industries
Stressfree
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Current Employee), ottawaMay 1, 2014
My job at Ikea is great, the hours arent, i get part time hours while trying to support my family, and its not cutting it
Ikea is a very exciting,fun,busy workplace with opportunity to grow with the company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: half price lunches and discount for family and friends
Cons: long closing hours with very demanding ustomers
I only work Ikea on weekends and really enjoy meeting all their customers. I am
able to assist with all inquires and shopping needs.
fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: discount on lunch and products
Cons: long hours
Great environment, great employees and every friendly. My hours may be long but it was fun to work because it was like working with a big family
Ikea
Controlling Admin/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Ikea as a company is a great place to work and feel part of a team.
prodictive
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 20, 2014
I wasn't there long due to it only being go to work with a parent week, but the entire time I was there, it was amazing. the costumers were amazing and always fun to talk to. and the crew was so fun, we were always laughing and teaching each other new things. a day working with Ikea while I was there would be to go where ever the manager had sent me. – more... I would serve costumers with their food, and as they are always busy you needed great speed. hardest part of the job, running around and doing a few duties at once and you had to be quick on your feet. – less
IKEA is a fantastic company to work for!
Customer Service In Furniture Delivery Department (Current Employee), North York, OntarioMarch 19, 2014
The company culture at IKEA is easy-going and friendly. It is easy to get a long with management and the co workers. They make advancement in the workplace an achievable goal. Highly recommended for entry level and senior job seekers.
What's its like.
Self-Serve Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: good salary and flexible hours for students.
Cons: a lot a evening shifts.
Working at IKEA helped me develop people skills as well as being flexible for the customers as their needs vary from one to the next. The hardest part of the job i'd say is to keep everyone satisfied.
Fun workplace, great colleagues to work with.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, annual x'mas parties
Never a boring day. Fast-paced environment that could be quite challenging at times due to staff shortages or lack of floor coverage to be of service to customers.
Total Responsibility for every aspect of sales and placement of products
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Calgary ABFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: chances of advancement
• Responsible for the day to day operations of three departments, home organization, secondary storage and lighting.
• Operational Duties include: opening/closing, merchandising, recruiting, training, staff evaluations, department product promotions, evaluating all products on sales productivity and increasing sales on under performing products or product – more... area’s.
• Responsible for weekly, monthly, and yearly sales.
• Present monthly business analysis on department productivity and budget targets.
• Prepare department business plans including product and budget forecasting.
• Duty Manager role providing primary support to all departments in regards to customer relations, emergency services and staff mentoring – less
Great environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: incentives, free lunches, gift cards, yearly gifts, discounts.
Cons: no full time
Overall it is an absolutely wonderful working experience. The pay scale is above average the retail industry.
Very good employee discount program. Cash department is the best department to work for!
I loved working in IKEA
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: highly discounted excellent lunch and an awesome work environment
Cons: unionised
Overall it is an absolutely wonderful working experience. Payscale is above average the retail industry.
Very good employee discount program. Recovery / AsIs is the best department to work for.
a great team
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: subsidized meal, great benefit
Cons: less ours during sow season
On a busy day, all duty managers( yellow team) would come and help us out. i value team work and positrive work environment helps you to love your job. closing shift is always the hardest. overall i like my job at ilea
good work environment
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: long hours
good communication, always willing and open to learn a new skill, creating a good atmosphere with coworkers...
ikea
Parking Lot Associate (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 20, 2014
working together as a team to get the work finished on time.it was all about team work they say team work makes the dream work
Great place to work in general
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: social environment, easy tasks, short hours
Cons: dealing with rude customers, had to work weekends
-Would cash out clients, trouble shoot with the cash computers when required, provide customer service.
-Learnt about the process of checking out, balancing at the end of the night and solutions for cash computer problems
-management was easy to work with, we had few cash supervisors
-Job was easy in general except certain situations that could be taken – more... care of when the customers may have disagreed with prices or wanting discount.
-The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people – less
Good experience
Recycle room assistance (Former Employee), North York, OntarioJanuary 4, 2014
Was there 6 months, and was my first job. Didn't interact with the employees that much, and this was part time. I guess It was just satisfied knowing I was getting a pay cheque.
Interesting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 12, 2013
The work environment is creatively designed
Co workers are friendly
Hardest part is managing angry customers

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more