IKEA Employee Reviews

Great Company
Kitchen Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
Very good company , well managed , long hours
middle management needs more training
fun atmosphere , friendly co workers
Pros
free lunched
Self Serve Warehouse Sales
Self-service Warehouse - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
Out of all the big box retailers in Winnipeg, IKEA would be the absolute best. I have never worked for a company that cared so much for their employees as much as IKEA did. Would recommend to anyone looking to apply.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2016
I had fun working there, nice ambiance and great people! They are all social persons, great with customers in every departments. The managers are very nice, they like helping us in getting to know the system. Perhaps, they are very strict about everything.
Pros
When there was a rush we had free lunch
fun workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
everyone was very helpful it didn't matter what kind of day you were having there was always someone there to make sure that your fine the hardest part of the job was when it was weekend of a holiday it was very busy but there was always help
Very good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
IKEA provides staff with an amazing work environment. They are very flexible with schedules as they believe in work-life balance. The pay is competitive and the benefits are excellent.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Limited space
Great company to develop various competences
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2016
1) Good for students to be working part time and manage school/work balance
2) Company that gives a lot of opportunity to grow and to apply to more important positions. Company's visions is clear and easy to apply.
Full-Serve Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 March 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits package. Interaction with customers and the coworkers is the most pleasurable. Company operates with a great business model, which is outlined and supported fully by store management.
Benefits
Cons
Business hours
Productive and fun workplace
Aftersales Resolutions Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
Productive and fun workplace.....Team leaders and managers have you best interest at heart.....Coworkers will rally to help you when you are in a crisis
Excellent work culture, friendly co-workers
Sales & Customer service, IT Server Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2016
Students best place to start your career
Co-operative environment and improve your skills
Friendly management to share your thoughts
Productive place to get experience
Self sevre (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 February 2017
Help me learn how to work well as a team and push me to also be great individual also. Help build my customer service skill from okay to excellent.
Pros
Staff meal
Cons
Productive, kind and understanding workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 November 2016
Everyone has a smile on there face, and its a nice play to work because you can be yourself without feeling uncomfortable.
Great fun company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 October 2016
Great place to work, met and still have many great friends I met there, weekly hours not great. They don't gaurentee full time hours to PT, but it is possible to pick up shifts. Great as a part time job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Weekends/hours
Overall, a stable place to work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
I was not happy with the amount of hours I was given, as I had to juggle my hours with work and school. Sometimes, I would just have too much work to handle for a working student.
Great and comfortable work environment
Returns Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 June 2016
IKEA is a great company to work for. The management is very inviting and is easy to learn how it works. It is great to interact with customers and overall a wonderful team of co-workers.
Can be grueling or fun, but getting more and more busy
Warehouse Team Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2015
IKEA can be a great place to work. It has great benefits like decent medical benefits, discounts, culture and daily meals for only $4. There is great people to work with, and many ideals within the company. But there are bad parts. The pay is standard with retail work, so logistics gets it low. And the inefficiencies build up to create chaos. Some of the management have been in power for too long and the company will bend over backwards for its customer which can make some abusive to the system. And times have never been busier. The store is at capacity and the talks for expansion make little sense.
Great company, great benefits even for part-time
Services Team Support (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 February 2016
Ikea is a great company to work for because they really care about employees. Great overall work culture. Co-workers are fun, very helpful. Great lunches too!
Pros
great benefits/bonus program
Cons
customers
Ikea North York
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
The store I work at is the busiest in the city and one pf the busiest in the country. There is always a lack of coworkers on busy periods and managers make you stay late. The pay is very low for such a huge retailer and the location is hardly accessible.
Horrid place to work! Depressing environment.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
When I started here I was 110% enthusiastic in making it work. By the end I was broken down faster than their furniture and I only lasted a little longer than 6 months.

Myself and an other guy were hired at same time and he just quit without notice in less than three months.

They preach Ikea propaganda they don't back up or stand behind. You will have every employee as your boss knit picking and watching your every move.

Most all employees in area I worked were emotionless Zombies with chips on their shoulders. Very clicky group of miserable acting people not happy with their job. Every morning I heard screaming and yelling profanity at each from drivers on the dock.

Jump start meetings every morning that are useless dribble with useless information on how many trailers you have to work that day. After a while you will just hear blah blah blah. Wasted time and brain numbing verbal garbage from power tripping employees who like to hear themselves talk.

Be prepared for a workout and to start sweating profusely for 5 hours of your shift because they turn the Air conditioning off until the store opens at 10. I hated being drenched and hot working in sweat drenched clothes lifting heavy product.

I hope you like working in the dark because they also dim the lights to save pennies on the dollar until store opens at 10. Go figure that products are put in wrong places by employees who can't see product codes in the dark.

You will have many bosses and who one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.Your always struggling where to put product that isn't needed and
  more... product needed that is never ordered.

You will also have the pleasure of listening to the same bogus music and announcements that are played over and over and over again. It will make you insane faster than crazy house

Its was a unstructured Gong show that left me depressed and to quit without notice. It's better you keep this horrid place off your resume. It is a depressing and unhealthy environment to work. I've never felt better for quitting a job in my life.
Pros
Free pop when available
Cons
Phoney uncaring management
Dishwasher
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  1311 102 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6N 1M319 July 2016
A typical day was hot inside a small room filled with hot water and steam. I learned about how to properly clean dishes, stack dishes and put dishes away. My manager's were accomidating and understanding. My co-workers were talkitive and would always joke about the heat. The hardest part about working at Ikea was trying to keep the water out of my shoes. The most enjoyable part was the environment and the free lunches/ dinners.
Team work
worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2016
The team work at IKEA with the co worker is very appreciable. All the co worker are very helpful and the management is good too