IKEA Employee Reviews

Fun, fast-paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 February 2017
Entry-level jobs are perfect for students as they are very flexible. Good benefits. Often there is not enough staff for busy days.
Good job to occupy yourself
Cart Organizer at Ikea Vaughan (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
The job as a cart organizer is a job to do if you need some quick money. You have the freedom to work more or less hours although they will cap you at a certain point due to not wanting to pay overtime wages. It is a job to keep in between jobs because the pay is low and their is not much ambition to organize carts in a cart room. Ikea does hire from within mainly so there are many opportunities to move into a position with higher pay and benefits.
Pros
discounts on entire store
Cons
physically demanding especially in the extreme heat and extreme cold.
Fast paced and involved work environment but slow to change
Bistro & Restaurant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 January 2017
Work is very straight forward with not too much change day-per-day but allows enough leeway to perform work effectively. Very heavily customer dependent and, due to general nature of IKEA, will have a great amount of customer interaction especially for questions. Management is usually quick to respond and very helpful but due to exceedingly high volume of customers at any given time they can be stretched thin. Generally a great environment to work in with great co-workers but can be taxing due to strain of volume.
Pros
High coworker involvement and praise, high advancement opportunities, good benefits, daily updated staff menu with vegetarian options, staff discounts on most products
Cons
can be very taxing both physical and mental, high volume of customers
My experience at IKEA
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 January 2017
Throughout this work experience, I have learned many skills, that I may or may not have been able to do ever before. Definitely, I can say that each and every day at work here is something I loved to do daily.
Productive, friendly an amazing environment
Logistics- Goods Flow Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2017
One of the best companies to work around the world.
They do what they write.
An unforgettable experience that has allowed me to keep reading about the company goals and activities.
The Managers and every single coworker had a friendly and respectful attitude.
Amazing store with excellent value for money approach.
I would really have kept in mind that experience, and much more, I am following its performance every week, much more its sustainability approach.
Pros
all
Cons
any
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2017
Great work place atmosphere where the manager-employee-customer dynamics are what holds ip the company. Customer satisfaction is important and priority and employee benefits are amazing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Self Serve Warehouse Sales
Self-service Warehouse - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
Out of all the big box retailers in Winnipeg, IKEA would be the absolute best. I have never worked for a company that cared so much for their employees as much as IKEA did. Would recommend to anyone looking to apply.
Productive and fun workplace
Aftersales Resolutions Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
Productive and fun workplace.....Team leaders and managers have you best interest at heart.....Coworkers will rally to help you when you are in a crisis
fun workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
everyone was very helpful it didn't matter what kind of day you were having there was always someone there to make sure that your fine the hardest part of the job was when it was weekend of a holiday it was very busy but there was always help
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 December 2016
Good coworkers who were supportive and reasonable with unreasonable and rude customers. Able to give input on work culture. Fun work environment where you really learn patience.
Great co-workers and management makes working enjoyable.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Warehouse picking orders, packing, cleaning, helping others, training, box making, label printing, shrink wrapping, strapping, cardboard box shredding
Pros
Security and benefits
Cons
heavy lifting
À la fin un numéro....
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC4 December 2016
L'emploi général est bon surtout pour des étudiants, la dynamique intéressante et le milieu en général stimulant. Cependant, la gestion laisse parfois à désirer, la philosophie d'entreprise est bonne mes trop vaguement appliquée. J'ai du partir pour un stage durant 3 mois. On m'a promis que si je voulais revenir par la suite on essayerait de m'ajouter sur un poste. Après 3 mois d'attendre et au moins 5 application sur différents postes, un me retourne une lettre pour me dire qu'ils ne peuvent donner suite à ma demande (j'avais travailler là 3 ans). Au finale on est qu'un numéro dans la compagnie....
Pros
Réduction de repas, salaire, avantage de compagnie
Cons
Gestion libre qui fait des reproches sans donner de suivi
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2016
I had fun working there, nice ambiance and great people! They are all social persons, great with customers in every departments. The managers are very nice, they like helping us in getting to know the system. Perhaps, they are very strict about everything.
Pros
When there was a rush we had free lunch
Fast paced work
part time Kitchen worker and server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 December 2016
A typical day at work would entail a different role. Each time. I worked in the back of the kitchen handling dishes, cleaning tables as well as serving of hot meals to IKEA customers. A challenge I sometimes faced would be the fast paced shifts would become so busy leading us to become a bit organised. I feel I used my problem solving skills and communication skills to discuss with fellow co workers about what needed to be done. Over all I would say the experience taught me perseverance and I would work there again.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff17 November 2016
Great enjoyable workplace but growing career opportunities are limited.
However management is friendly and work environment is stress free
Opinion
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
A typical day at work is usually busy in the weekends. What I learned is that Ikea is a great company to work with because it provides good benefits. The co-workers I work with are very friendly. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get complimented by the customers with my work ethic and also my good customer service.
Pros
benefits for part- time
Cons
having to stand up for long period
Productive, kind and understanding workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 November 2016
Everyone has a smile on there face, and its a nice play to work because you can be yourself without feeling uncomfortable.
Overall, a stable place to work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
I was not happy with the amount of hours I was given, as I had to juggle my hours with work and school. Sometimes, I would just have too much work to handle for a working student.
Great fun company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 October 2016
Great place to work, met and still have many great friends I met there, weekly hours not great. They don't gaurentee full time hours to PT, but it is possible to pick up shifts. Great as a part time job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Weekends/hours
Great company to develop various competences
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2016
1) Good for students to be working part time and manage school/work balance
2) Company that gives a lot of opportunity to grow and to apply to more important positions. Company's visions is clear and easy to apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.