IKEA

IKEA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ikea is a very exciting,fun,busy workplace with opportunity to grow with the company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: half price lunches and discount for family and friends
Cons: long closing hours with very demanding ustomers
I only work Ikea on weekends and really enjoy meeting all their customers. I am
able to assist with all inquires and shopping needs.
fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: discount on lunch and products
Cons: long hours
Great environment, great employees and every friendly. My hours may be long but it was fun to work because it was like working with a big family
Ikea
Controlling Admin/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Ikea as a company is a great place to work and feel part of a team.
prodictive
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 20, 2014
I wasn't there long due to it only being go to work with a parent week, but the entire time I was there, it was amazing. the costumers were amazing and always fun to talk to. and the crew was so fun, we were always laughing and teaching each other new things. a day working with Ikea while I was there would be to go where ever the manager had sent me. – more... I would serve costumers with their food, and as they are always busy you needed great speed. hardest part of the job, running around and doing a few duties at once and you had to be quick on your feet. – less
IKEA is a fantastic company to work for!
Customer Service In Furniture Delivery Department (Current Employee), North York, OntarioMarch 19, 2014
The company culture at IKEA is easy-going and friendly. It is easy to get a long with management and the co workers. They make advancement in the workplace an achievable goal. Highly recommended for entry level and senior job seekers.
What's its like.
Self-Serve Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: good salary and flexible hours for students.
Cons: a lot a evening shifts.
Working at IKEA helped me develop people skills as well as being flexible for the customers as their needs vary from one to the next. The hardest part of the job i'd say is to keep everyone satisfied.
Fun workplace, great colleagues to work with.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, annual x'mas parties
Never a boring day. Fast-paced environment that could be quite challenging at times due to staff shortages or lack of floor coverage to be of service to customers.
Total Responsibility for every aspect of sales and placement of products
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Calgary ABFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: chances of advancement
• Responsible for the day to day operations of three departments, home organization, secondary storage and lighting.
• Operational Duties include: opening/closing, merchandising, recruiting, training, staff evaluations, department product promotions, evaluating all products on sales productivity and increasing sales on under performing products or product – more... area’s.
• Responsible for weekly, monthly, and yearly sales.
• Present monthly business analysis on department productivity and budget targets.
• Prepare department business plans including product and budget forecasting.
• Duty Manager role providing primary support to all departments in regards to customer relations, emergency services and staff mentoring – less
Great environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: incentives, free lunches, gift cards, yearly gifts, discounts.
Cons: no full time
Overall it is an absolutely wonderful working experience. The pay scale is above average the retail industry.
Very good employee discount program. Cash department is the best department to work for!
I loved working in IKEA
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: highly discounted excellent lunch and an awesome work environment
Cons: unionised
Overall it is an absolutely wonderful working experience. Payscale is above average the retail industry.
Very good employee discount program. Recovery / AsIs is the best department to work for.
a great team
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: subsidized meal, great benefit
Cons: less ours during sow season
On a busy day, all duty managers( yellow team) would come and help us out. i value team work and positrive work environment helps you to love your job. closing shift is always the hardest. overall i like my job at ilea
Honest, Hardworking and can work under minimal supervision
Cook (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01January 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, accommodation and transportation
Cons: break time
We cook in larges volume/quantity.

I learned to cook variety of cuisines like Indian, and Arabic.

I'm a shift in-charge It depend on my schedule every month,because we have task for the whole months.

I love working with them because they are happy person and hardworking that create an enjoyable workplace that you can come to work everyday that you – more... can smile in the end of the day.

Cooking is my passion, so the hardest part of my job is when I fail myself to not grow and learn in the end of the day. And to cook without your heart in it.

When your co-workers tell you how nice and good you are not just in cooking but also with relationship with co-workers that make you feel that they love as person in the workplace. Because my accomplishment is when they are to tell you how good you are, and you will always remember as that kind of person "being simple". – less
good work environment
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: long hours
good communication, always willing and open to learn a new skill, creating a good atmosphere with coworkers...
ikea
Parking Lot Associate (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 20, 2014
working together as a team to get the work finished on time.it was all about team work they say team work makes the dream work
Good experience
Recycle room assistance (Former Employee), North York, OntarioJanuary 4, 2014
Was there 6 months, and was my first job. Didn't interact with the employees that much, and this was part time. I guess It was just satisfied knowing I was getting a pay cheque.
Interesting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 12, 2013
The work environment is creatively designed
Co workers are friendly
Hardest part is managing angry customers
A values-driven company
Interior Designer (Current Employee), Santo DomingoNovember 9, 2013
Pros: motivational gifts
Cons: working on holidays
I must say something positive, and that is that no day is the same to the other. I learned about the different ways people experience life at home and what their needs are. I was constantly engaged in learning about the different ways people experience life at home and what their needs are.
I work with a group of creative young people.
Very productive retail store
Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: mostly part-time shift work
Over the years at Ikea I was able to see first hand how a world class business brings in customers, and moves thousands of products on a daily basis. In customer service, I learned all the warts of the business and in sales I was able to see how customers shop and what home furnishings and household products mean to real people and how it can positively – more... impact their lives. – less
Good work, messy managment.
Receiving team support manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: cheap staff luches
Cons: messy managment
I was a support manager for the warehouse at Ikea and I enjoyed it. BUT it came as a surprise I wasn't aware of being a manager for a few months and never really got management training on the side. I had the training to use equipment to teach other employees and little training on how to use the trailer programs on the computer I more or less taught – more... my self through manuals there. It was a new store and I expected it to be hectic and I was patient. Even put in lots of OT 12 hour days. In the end I got canned for a small issue of letting a trainee drive on his own around others for a hour on a forklift which is how I was trained. But they didn't fire me on the spot they needed me there they kept me for a month and out of the blue they let me go I had no clue and it really messed things up for me. I hope management is a lot better I hear one of my old friends there moved up and we trained together as managers so I'm glad to see him moving up even though he din't really want to. As goes their Culture, they have a "strong" one and it really got to me saying they look out for their employees and so on and at first it was great I got to go to Vancouver for a month all expenses payed. But then they really dint care about us warehouse people we were like the dogs of the company. Always pressuring us to work very long hours and never getting rewards.and when they dropped me like a bag of bricks that shows that the company is kinda slimy. – less
The best possible retail position
After-Sales Coworker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: employee lunch discounted, friendly staff
Ikea clearly values their employees, they treat everyone from janitorial staff to managers with the same level of respect.
I feel that in my time at Ikea my efforts were appreciated and recognized.
The team itself is tightly knit and friendly, and management is typically positive and eager to assist.

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more