IKEA Employee Reviews

Good job to occupy yourself
Cart Organizer at Ikea Vaughan (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
The job as a cart organizer is a job to do if you need some quick money. You have the freedom to work more or less hours although they will cap you at a certain point due to not wanting to pay overtime wages. It is a job to keep in between jobs because the pay is low and their is not much ambition to organize carts in a cart room. Ikea does hire from within mainly so there are many opportunities to move into a position with higher pay and benefits.
Pros
discounts on entire store
Cons
physically demanding especially in the extreme heat and extreme cold.
Productive, friendly an amazing environment
Logistics- Goods Flow Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2017
One of the best companies to work around the world.
They do what they write.
An unforgettable experience that has allowed me to keep reading about the company goals and activities.
The Managers and every single coworker had a friendly and respectful attitude.
Amazing store with excellent value for money approach.
I would really have kept in mind that experience, and much more, I am following its performance every week, much more its sustainability approach.
Pros
all
Cons
any
Fast paced work
part time Kitchen worker and server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 December 2016
A typical day at work would entail a different role. Each time. I worked in the back of the kitchen handling dishes, cleaning tables as well as serving of hot meals to IKEA customers. A challenge I sometimes faced would be the fast paced shifts would become so busy leading us to become a bit organised. I feel I used my problem solving skills and communication skills to discuss with fellow co workers about what needed to be done. Over all I would say the experience taught me perseverance and I would work there again.
Fast paced and involved work environment but slow to change
Bistro & Restaurant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 January 2017
Work is very straight forward with not too much change day-per-day but allows enough leeway to perform work effectively. Very heavily customer dependent and, due to general nature of IKEA, will have a great amount of customer interaction especially for questions. Management is usually quick to respond and very helpful but due to exceedingly high volume of customers at any given time they can be stretched thin. Generally a great environment to work in with great co-workers but can be taxing due to strain of volume.
Pros
High coworker involvement and praise, high advancement opportunities, good benefits, daily updated staff menu with vegetarian options, staff discounts on most products
Cons
can be very taxing both physical and mental, high volume of customers
Opinion
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
A typical day at work is usually busy in the weekends. What I learned is that Ikea is a great company to work with because it provides good benefits. The co-workers I work with are very friendly. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get complimented by the customers with my work ethic and also my good customer service.
Pros
benefits for part- time
Cons
having to stand up for long period
Best job ever!
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA21 February 2017
Promoted to newly-created position to manage the Accounting, Payroll and IT departments and to facilitate and coordinate the store’s internal controls and audit compliance system. Also oversaw the sales revenue trends, inventory management, customer returns and services.
Horrible delivery counter managers
Delivery counter (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 September 2016
The bosses who work at the delivery counter suck. They are so rude to the employees and walk around like they know everything!!! One in particular i have lots of hateful words for her. She makes coming into work horrible. Do yourself a favor if you work for ikea dont work by the delivery counter you'll regret every minute of it
Pros
Ikea discount on food and drivers are funny
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2016
I had fun working there, nice ambiance and great people! They are all social persons, great with customers in every departments. The managers are very nice, they like helping us in getting to know the system. Perhaps, they are very strict about everything.
Pros
When there was a rush we had free lunch
Ikea
CHECK-OUT SERVICES TEAM SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 February 2017
Ikea is one of the best companies that I have ever worked at. The atmosphere and the people are amazing. They definitely embody the values that they state on their webpage. They are very inclusive and make you feel like you are a part of one very big family.
Self Serve Warehouse Sales
Self-service Warehouse - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
Out of all the big box retailers in Winnipeg, IKEA would be the absolute best. I have never worked for a company that cared so much for their employees as much as IKEA did. Would recommend to anyone looking to apply.
fun workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
everyone was very helpful it didn't matter what kind of day you were having there was always someone there to make sure that your fine the hardest part of the job was when it was weekend of a holiday it was very busy but there was always help
Terrible experience
Check out services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
I did not enjoy working here at all. Some of the associates were awesome. The managers had fake attitudes. They gossiped about you instead of telling you what you were doing wrong. I felt uncomfortable and miserable there and would often come home feeling depressed. Not to mention they cut my hrs severely. Their excuse was, they thought I was going back to school. I knew that was a lie. I never wanna go there again
Pros
Awesome coworkers and discounts
Cons
Management, short hours
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2017
Great work place atmosphere where the manager-employee-customer dynamics are what holds ip the company. Customer satisfaction is important and priority and employee benefits are amazing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 December 2016
Good coworkers who were supportive and reasonable with unreasonable and rude customers. Able to give input on work culture. Fun work environment where you really learn patience.
Great company to develop various competences
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2016
1) Good for students to be working part time and manage school/work balance
2) Company that gives a lot of opportunity to grow and to apply to more important positions. Company's visions is clear and easy to apply.
Great fun company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 October 2016
Great place to work, met and still have many great friends I met there, weekly hours not great. They don't gaurentee full time hours to PT, but it is possible to pick up shifts. Great as a part time job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Weekends/hours
Dishwasher
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  1311 102 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6N 1M319 July 2016
A typical day was hot inside a small room filled with hot water and steam. I learned about how to properly clean dishes, stack dishes and put dishes away. My manager's were accomidating and understanding. My co-workers were talkitive and would always joke about the heat. The hardest part about working at Ikea was trying to keep the water out of my shoes. The most enjoyable part was the environment and the free lunches/ dinners.
Ikea North York
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
The store I work at is the busiest in the city and one pf the busiest in the country. There is always a lack of coworkers on busy periods and managers make you stay late. The pay is very low for such a huge retailer and the location is hardly accessible.
Productive place to get experience
Self sevre (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 February 2017
Help me learn how to work well as a team and push me to also be great individual also. Help build my customer service skill from okay to excellent.
Pros
Staff meal
Productive and fun workplace
Aftersales Resolutions Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
Productive and fun workplace.....Team leaders and managers have you best interest at heart.....Coworkers will rally to help you when you are in a crisis