IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

Warehouse Order Picker
Full-Serve Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
With my experience with Ikea. Management was not the best. My respinding Managers never ever! communicated. They hired to many people that diminished the hours. We were a "team" of 15 plus 2 managers. 7 people where full-time and the rest were part time. I quit ikea because they really just pushed me away from ikea. I tried to voice my opinion and it was ignored. I will never shop or anything with ikea ever again.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Management, wage, discount and advancement.
Inclusive & inspiring business culture
SALES COWORKER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work would most likely take place on the sales floor, and consist of communicating product and safety knowledge with customers. This would include providing an understanding of product use, designing furniture systems within the IKEA range to suit the customers needs, and ensuring a level of quality satisfaction. In many seperate instances, I could also be found constructing IKEA furniture for Showroom display, leading sales training intiatives, creating sales graphics, and leading charitable promotions. The workplace was always fun and occasionally challenging which creates a very satisfying retail environment to be apart of.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility around school
Job workshop
Cash Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor OntarioMarch 17, 2016
Don't understand you have a job workshop here in Windsor there were over 150 people taking only about six hours of our time and you need to 35 people and you go ahead and post do you need 35 people to work at your store so what is the qualifications to work at your store talking to some people some people had more than enough experience so what is the qualification that you need to work out at IKEA it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work there and dealing with the public that is my opinion
Cons
Workshop to me is ridiculous
Employees have better working condition then managers!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 29, 2016
Very good job security. If you do the minimum, you're sure to never get fired!
Unfortunetly, the company doesn't react very efficiently to market fluctuations due to it's size (multinational).
Pay and benefits are very good but if you compare mangement to employees, the difference is not worth being a manager. 1$ difference between a team support and a manager.
Extremely friendly and down to earth enviroment
Sales Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2016
IKEA is an awesome place to work. Everyone is very friendly and no one hesitates to help when you need it. The management makes huge efforts to know each co-worker and acknowledges your achievements. Ive learned plenty about sales and marketing in a very fun and comfortable way. Some areas are very fast paced and some can be slow.It is important that you know what you prefer.
Pros
co-worker cafeteria, lounge area
Cons
Hard to get more hours
A welcoming and fun environment
Sales Associate / Builder (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I had truly a good time at IKEA and like how management included people in the day-to-day operation of the store. They constantly trained staff in ways to improve providing services. If you needed assistance, they were willing to help in anyway they can, I loved their accommodating ways. It's a great place to work, but wished they hired more full-time people and the pay was better, I would have stayed otherwise. Great employer, if you find a good opportunity to work there, head right over.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Employee Discount
Cons
Constantly on your feet
Great place to be a coop student
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Although I have only "worked" at Ikea as a cooperative education student for high school, I would gladly work here more. Not only were Ikea's coworkers were welcoming but they were also very fun to be around. Despite being in just the Recovery department (the As-Is section to most), I personally enjoyed building the furniture and learning how to put together new products when they came in. Management and supervisors were really fun to be around as they do let loose quite bit while being serious on the job which basically means you won't have to worry about hating your boss.
Cons
When a customer shows up to ask a question it lowers productivity
excellent adventure
Kitchen Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2016
great place to work and meet interesting people from all over world, progressive and supportive company with many positives, able to impart knowledge easily and fundamentally to consumers
Pros
great environment
Cons
shift scheduling changes weekly
Full-Serve Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 22, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits package. Interaction with customers and the coworkers is the most pleasurable. Company operates with a great business model, which is outlined and supported fully by store management.
Benefits
Cons
Business hours
Very friendly work environment and simple.
Restocking, handling merchandises and sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Coworkers are pretty nice and friendly. Management can be pretty clique.

Work is pretty steady and easy until rush hour hits but very manageable.

Hardest part of the job is probably on a really busy day things can get hectic.
Pros
Lunches are cheap, steady work to get by the day
Cons
pretty bad shifts at times
Outstanding Company to work for
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 14, 2015
A tropical day at work was busy, fast pace environment totally enjoyed it. I learned about different office proceedures, management was outstanding, co-workers were helpful, hardest part of the job was understanding the IKEA way of running a business, very interesting way. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment was clean, enjoyable.
Pros
10% off merchandise! friendly staff.
Cons
Only part time work
I would not have left IKEA if I hadn't got the job with APPLE
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 6, 2015
I liked to work in this place just because of the reason that I loved the products they sell and the discount you get as an employee. The management team was absolutely supportive of your work. the biggest thing that turned me off was the unionized employee system which I didn't approve of in my mind, and that which came true 6 months after I left the organization. the Richmond store was on strike for more than 1 year and 10 months which I would say was due to the bad or irresponsible action form the union that was running it.
Pros
Cons
union
Great and comfortable work environment
Returns Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 1, 2016
IKEA is a great company to work for. The management is very inviting and is easy to learn how it works. It is great to interact with customers and overall a wonderful team of co-workers.
Excellent work culture, friendly co-workers
Sales & Customer service, IT Server Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2016
Students best place to start your career
Co-operative environment and improve your skills
Friendly management to share your thoughts
awesome place with great management
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 22, 2016
i always loved coming into work. the managers always seemed to happy to help and my coworkers were awesome. the environment was welcoming and the customers were also always great.
Great company, great benefits even for part-time
Services Team Support (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Ikea is a great company to work for because they really care about employees. Great overall work culture. Co-workers are fun, very helpful. Great lunches too!
Pros
great benefits/bonus program
Cons
customers
Understanding workplace
IFS Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
A comfortable workplace where individuals look to better themselves and the service they provide.If given an opportunity take the chance and look to find methods to grow your career and experience.
Pros
Co-worker comradery
Cons
limited hours
Diverse environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 5, 2016
Loved the diversity of this workplace. Amazing co-workers that were extremely kind when I was new. They were very helpful during my training period.
Benefits
Cons
Standing
greatplace too work
Temp Position-Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
i worked in the warehouse as a order picker.
put stock awaywhen skids came in the night before.
i learnt more skills on being a order picker witch was good.
the ikea group are a great group of people too work with.
my boss was good too me tought me new things every day.
Pros
great people too work with
Cons
was only temp wish i could of staied.
Very good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
IKEA provides staff with an amazing work environment. They are very flexible with schedules as they believe in work-life balance. The pay is competitive and the benefits are excellent.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Limited space