IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

Job workshop
Cash Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor OntarioMarch 17, 2016
Don't understand you have a job workshop here in Windsor there were over 150 people taking only about six hours of our time and you need to 35 people and you go ahead and post do you need 35 people to work at your store so what is the qualifications to work at your store talking to some people some people had more than enough experience so what is the qualification that you need to work out at IKEA it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work there and dealing with the public that is my opinion
Cons
Workshop to me is ridiculous
Employees have better working condition then managers!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 29, 2016
Very good job security. If you do the minimum, you're sure to never get fired!
Unfortunetly, the company doesn't react very efficiently to market fluctuations due to it's size (multinational).
Pay and benefits are very good but if you compare mangement to employees, the difference is not worth being a manager. 1$ difference between a team support and a manager.
Extremely friendly and down to earth enviroment
Sales Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2016
IKEA is an awesome place to work. Everyone is very friendly and no one hesitates to help when you need it. The management makes huge efforts to know each co-worker and acknowledges your achievements. Ive learned plenty about sales and marketing in a very fun and comfortable way. Some areas are very fast paced and some can be slow.It is important that you know what you prefer.
Pros
co-worker cafeteria, lounge area
Cons
Hard to get more hours
A welcoming and fun environment
Sales Associate / Builder (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I had truly a good time at IKEA and like how management included people in the day-to-day operation of the store. They constantly trained staff in ways to improve providing services. If you needed assistance, they were willing to help in anyway they can, I loved their accommodating ways. It's a great place to work, but wished they hired more full-time people and the pay was better, I would have stayed otherwise. Great employer, if you find a good opportunity to work there, head right over.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Employee Discount
Cons
Constantly on your feet
Great place to be a coop student
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Although I have only "worked" at Ikea as a cooperative education student for high school, I would gladly work here more. Not only were Ikea's coworkers were welcoming but they were also very fun to be around. Despite being in just the Recovery department (the As-Is section to most), I personally enjoyed building the furniture and learning how to put together new products when they came in. Management and supervisors were really fun to be around as they do let loose quite bit while being serious on the job which basically means you won't have to worry about hating your boss.
Cons
When a customer shows up to ask a question it lowers productivity
Very friendly work environment and simple.
Restocking, handling merchandises and sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Coworkers are pretty nice and friendly. Management can be pretty clique.

Work is pretty steady and easy until rush hour hits but very manageable.

Hardest part of the job is probably on a really busy day things can get hectic.
Pros
Lunches are cheap, steady work to get by the day
Cons
pretty bad shifts at times
Outstanding Company to work for
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 14, 2015
A tropical day at work was busy, fast pace environment totally enjoyed it. I learned about different office proceedures, management was outstanding, co-workers were helpful, hardest part of the job was understanding the IKEA way of running a business, very interesting way. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment was clean, enjoyable.
Pros
10% off merchandise! friendly staff.
Cons
Only part time work
I would not have left IKEA if I hadn't got the job with APPLE
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 6, 2015
I liked to work in this place just because of the reason that I loved the products they sell and the discount you get as an employee. The management team was absolutely supportive of your work. the biggest thing that turned me off was the unionized employee system which I didn't approve of in my mind, and that which came true 6 months after I left the organization. the Richmond store was on strike for more than 1 year and 10 months which I would say was due to the bad or irresponsible action form the union that was running it.
Pros
Cons
union
Full-Serve Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 22, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits package. Interaction with customers and the coworkers is the most pleasurable. Company operates with a great business model, which is outlined and supported fully by store management.
Benefits
Cons
Business hours
Great company, great benefits even for part-time
Services Team Support (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Ikea is a great company to work for because they really care about employees. Great overall work culture. Co-workers are fun, very helpful. Great lunches too!
Pros
great benefits/bonus program
Cons
customers
Understanding workplace
IFS Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
A comfortable workplace where individuals look to better themselves and the service they provide.If given an opportunity take the chance and look to find methods to grow your career and experience.
Pros
Co-worker comradery
Cons
limited hours
Excellent work culture, friendly co-workers
Sales & Customer service, IT Server Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2016
Students best place to start your career
Co-operative environment and improve your skills
Friendly management to share your thoughts
greatplace too work
Temp Position-Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
i worked in the warehouse as a order picker.
put stock awaywhen skids came in the night before.
i learnt more skills on being a order picker witch was good.
the ikea group are a great group of people too work with.
my boss was good too me tought me new things every day.
Pros
great people too work with
Cons
was only temp wish i could of staied.
Good enough
Logistics Coworker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 23, 2015
IKEA Canada is as good a place to work as any other warehouse or customer service company. I can not comment on the food service portion, because I did not work in that department. The wages are not industry standard, whatever they might claim, but they are not horrible either.
Pros
subsidised staff lunches and 15% Employee discount.
Cons
I am legally obligated to represent IKEA in the best possible way.
awesome place with great management
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 22, 2016
i always loved coming into work. the managers always seemed to happy to help and my coworkers were awesome. the environment was welcoming and the customers were also always great.
Excellent Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 16, 2015
Once a customer at IKEA was at the self checkout lane. they tried to conceal without paying for the items I observed and approached very professionally. In a such manner I notified the customer that they have missed few items. I made sure they paid the items without offending the customer. this was reported to manager and was appreciated my IKEA for making sure there was no loss to the company.
Very good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
IKEA provides staff with an amazing work environment. They are very flexible with schedules as they believe in work-life balance. The pay is competitive and the benefits are excellent.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Limited space
prouctive work place
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 11, 2016
its a very big place had a lot of stocking to do the manager are very col and laid back you don t have to worry about getting stressed out about over working yourself people are always will to lend a hand
Fast pace, kinda boring. Fun people to work with
Carts Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Ikea was a good place to work. The job was fast pace and kept me busy. The co-workers and the manager however, made the job for me.
Pros
$4 buffet. Free for busier days
Cons
Rude customers
Diverse environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 5, 2016
Loved the diversity of this workplace. Amazing co-workers that were extremely kind when I was new. They were very helpful during my training period.
Benefits
Cons
Standing